Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

20 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

After reading the Mike te Wierik interview I was wondering, who scouted him? Or did his agent contact us?

I think that passage is confusingly translated. FC Twente were after Mike. But he chose DCFC. The FC Twente coach didn't take it badly, but instead sent a text to Mike's agent to ask him to pass on his congratulations.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

I think that passage is confusingly translated. FC Twente were after Mike. But he chose DCFC. The FC Twente coach didn't take it badly, but instead sent a text to Mike's agent to ask him to pass on his congratulations.

Yes I understood that - even after Google translate. But I still wondered who scouted him for us?

Michel Vorm has been released by Spurs. He hasn't played much competitive football for the last few years and he's 36, but he played well in a Swansea team who passed it out from the back. 

I'm genuinely not sure if he's still worth a punt or not, or if he would have any interest in joining us, I just thought I'd mention it to see what people think.

42 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Michel Vorm has been released by Spurs. He hasn't played much competitive football for the last few years and he's 36, but he played well in a Swansea team who passed it out from the back. 

I'm genuinely not sure if he's still worth a punt or not, or if he would have any interest in joining us, I just thought I'd mention it to see what people think.

Could work if he was a gambling addict who'd spaffed his earnings away and was prepared to carry on for a few seasons for not much money....?

2 hours ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

He used to be pretty good, however whenever I'd seen the last few times I saw him place for Spurs he was looking pretty suspect and then they got another second keeper to replace him.

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

He used to be pretty good, however whenever I'd seen the last few times I saw him place for Spurs he was looking pretty suspect and then they got another second keeper to replace him.

That's interesting. I can't recall seeing him play for quite a while, which is why I didn't give him a ringing endorsement. I just remember being impressed by him the last time he was playing regularly with Swansea. 

I suppose time moves on, and maybe a few years with little to no game time has done for him. 

It's odd that he decided to spend many of his peak years warming the bench at Spurs.

3 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Could work if he was a gambling addict who'd spaffed his earnings away and was prepared to carry on for a few seasons for not much money....?

That would be quite a strategy going forward ?

We could have a department within the recruitment team keeping tabs on the gambling habits of players at the top level. Then we can swoop if they fall on hard times.

Let's face it, it can't be too much worse than our current scouting set up.

5 hours ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

He retired last summer but was persuaded to be a backup as Loris had his injuries. Most likely this time retires for good.

4 hours ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

That would be quite a strategy going forward ?

We could have a department within the recruitment team keeping tabs on the gambling habits of players at the top level. Then we can swoop if they fall on hard times.

Let's face it, it can't be too much worse than our current scouting set up.

Didn't we already try this with Roy Carroll?

20 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

Troy Deeney is available on a free... his wages will be high but if we shifted Martin and replaced with Deeney I think that would be a great. It if business can’t imagine wages would be too far apart with him being 32 now. Can’t see premier league teams coming in for him. 
Ibe would be another good signing if we could get him for low enough wages on a free. 

Bettonelli at Fulham is a gk that can play out from the back and is solid enough, out of favour at Fulham. Hart would be the best option keeper wise though if possible. 

After them if we could pick up an up and coming winger from lower leagues and our youngsters have a good season. 

recipe for success there 

Deeney would be brilliant,a proper handful.

Didn’t Mac1 try and sign him?

I wouldn’t touch Ibe,no evidence to back that opinion other than his stint at Bournemouth.

I’ve got no idea on the keepers.

21 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

Troy Deeney is available on a free... his wages will be high but if we shifted Martin and replaced with Deeney I think that would be a great. It if business can’t imagine wages would be too far apart with him being 32 now. Can’t see premier league teams coming in for him. 
Ibe would be another good signing if we could get him for low enough wages on a free. 

Bettonelli at Fulham is a gk that can play out from the back and is solid enough, out of favour at Fulham. Hart would be the best option keeper wise though if possible. 

After them if we could pick up an up and coming winger from lower leagues and our youngsters have a good season. 

recipe for success there 

Troy Deeney ? Yes, I am sure he is ready to drop down to the Championship and join a mid table team like us....

59 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

A couple of players I like....

if CM leaves Keifer Moore wouldn’t be a bad replacement on the cheap.

Could Tomori leave Chelsea on loan again next year?

Beat me to this. Kiefer Moore would be a great signing for us.

Archived