Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Kyle guest said:

Just an inkling more than anything but with Luton staying up and depending on financial situations could they come in for Curtis Davies know he’s very fond of the club and wants to finish his career there

No way could they afford his wages.

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That George " Jonah" Honeyman fella From Hull. Three relegations in four years as a professional and lost twice at wembley. If we get points deducted we can't go down as his luck has to change sometime.

He was good at Sunderland as a youngster. 

9 hours ago, Rambalin said:

If you think we would get any of those prices in the upcoming market then you are going to be very disappointed. 

I think this will be a resetting of the market prices that has been needed for sometime. 

We are extremely fortunate that Bellingham moved for €30m with the majority upfront. It sets the standard for younger players in this division, Bird and Sibley are older but you would still draw the line quite high. 

I think its going to be a tough summer to shift players on, at least the ones that would pull a good fee. Lawrence is one player that we could see leave. Cocu seems set on retaining the young players so when I think of players who could be moved on then Malone, Lawrence and Marriott immediately come to mind. 

I think we will see some surprise departures though. I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone take a chance on trialist, similarly to how Thomas was picked up by Barnsley for £1m+. He apparently scored 22 goals this season and is up for the Premier League 2 player of the season with Gilmour and Jones of Cheslea and Liverpool. I could see someone taking a chance on him for a decent fee. 

After reading the Mike te Wierik interview I was wondering, who scouted him? Or did his agent contact us?

Through my agent Harold Eijkelkamp I received a nice app from Ted van Leeuwen (Twente FC), I thought it was sporty: ”Mike to Derby County. Big club, the toughest competition in Europe. What a transfer. We would have liked to see him at FC Twente, but this is great. Don't have Mike's number. Do you want to congratulate him and wish good luck. Warmly awarded. Regards'.

Troy Deeney is available on a free... his wages will be high but if we shifted Martin and replaced with Deeney I think that would be a great. It if business can’t imagine wages would be too far apart with him being 32 now. Can’t see premier league teams coming in for him. 
Ibe would be another good signing if we could get him for low enough wages on a free. 

Bettonelli at Fulham is a gk that can play out from the back and is solid enough, out of favour at Fulham. Hart would be the best option keeper wise though if possible. 

After them if we could pick up an up and coming winger from lower leagues and our youngsters have a good season. 

recipe for success there 

5 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

Troy Deeney is available on a free... his wages will be high but if we shifted Martin and replaced with Deeney I think that would be a great. It if business can’t imagine wages would be too far apart with him being 32 now. Can’t see premier league teams coming in for him. 
Ibe would be another good signing if we could get him for low enough wages on a free. 

Bettonelli at Fulham is a gk that can play out from the back and is solid enough, out of favour at Fulham. Hart would be the best option keeper wise though if possible. 

After them if we could pick up an up and coming winger from lower leagues and our youngsters have a good season. 

recipe for success there 

Deeney has a year left on his contract.

1 hour ago, DCFC27 said:

Said it was his last game for the club yesterday 

He said it could be. He has a year left on his contract. Can't see him leaving Watford for another Championship club.

Anyone have an update on Chrissy?

Are we releasing him or will he be staying another year?

Surely it would make more sense to get rid of Waghorn/Zoon etc before we let Chrissy go, yes he's getting on but makes a great option and offers more than both of those two

Just now, DerbyRam! said:

Anyone have an update on Chrissy?

Are we releasing him or will he be staying another year?

Surely it would make more sense to get rid of Waghorn/Zoon etc before we let Chrissy go, yes he's getting on but makes a great option and offers more than both of those two

From a P&S point of view it makes much more sense to let Martin leave than Waghorn or Jozefzoon

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

From a P&S point of view it makes much more sense to let Martin leave than Waghorn or Jozefzoon

True, don't want to argue too much honestly. You are likely right but I'm definitely a Chrissy Martin fan

Any info on whether he is more likely to stay or to leave?

1 minute ago, DerbyRam! said:

True, don't want to argue too much honestly. You are likely right but I'm definitely a Chrissy Martin fan

Any info on whether he is more likely to stay or to leave?

DET rehashing conjecture (yesterday):

Talks have continued and although there has been no word on what has been the sticking point, it is likely to be over the length of the deal.

At 31, he turns 32 in November, length of contract will be key for Martin. Being out of contract means he can also look around and consider his options.

Rams boss Phillip Cocu is hoping the player signs a new deal.

Archived