oomarkwright

34 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Somethings brewing and an't just the tea

John Gregory spotted buying patio furniture in wyvern Homebase

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Just been back to the guy from SSN at Pride Park...

Didn't say anything about Derby and just banged on about Sarr and Watford.

o the last glimmer of hope fades - must be someone at the Derby trader or the sporting green who can give us something?!!! 

3 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Not getting in a decent forward is really setting Cocu and the club up for a fall. I hope Rooney can roll back the years.

Going to be like last season where we spent the first half saying itl be ok when Rooney gets here, then the second half saying itl be ok in the summer when we get a CB and GK. Now it’s wait till January when Dursan arrives, yet he won’t join until the summer.

Ok, going to do my optimistic thing again.  We've made some good signings overall, and cut a fair bit of chaff so that all gets a thumbs up from me.   No "named" striker coming in, with Marriott going the other way is of course worrying but I'm glad we didn't chuck loads of money away this time.  We have goals in the side still. Rooney, Lawrence, Waggy, Sibley, Knight with Duncan in the wings as well as JHI. There may even be a plan for January we haven't seen yet. 

I'm going to focus on the positives for now....over a few beers and tonight's game of course.

1 minute ago, BucksRam said:

Rooney, Lawrence, Waggy, Sibley, Knight with Duncan in the wings as well as JHI. There may even be a plan for January we haven't seen yet. 

How many has Rooney got from open play? Sibley and Knight are young players, Duncan might not even be ready for the first team same with JHI, we have no goals in this team. Waggy isn't prolific, and Lawrence is hit or miss. 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

How many has Rooney got from open play? Sibley and Knight are young players, Duncan might not even be ready for the first team same with JHI, we have no goals in this team. Waggy isn't prolific, and Lawrence is hit or miss. 

I know, I know, it's not great. It's  worrying.  But I'm a glass half full kind of guy so will live in hope....   

Today I feel like I've been invited round for a meal by a really good friend who has always looked out for me.

Arrived and been presented for a starter a watery soup and some bread that is nothing special. Exchanging glances with the missus..hmm not like him though, he normally makes a big effort. No big deal and he did say he was dieting and cutting back ..disappointing but I comfort myself he is just leaving space for the main course.. 

Err.. Why is he clearing the table and heading for the couch?? His missus is making noises about making a cuppa...Now I am really confused..not vexed yet, just non-plussed. Maybe I got it wrong and he said 'don't expect a big meal but you are welcome to pop for a bite with us.'? 

I feel a bit guilty, because he is normally salt of the earth...but still I feel empty, irritable and cheated. 

I try not to show too much annoyance and hurry off home as soon as possible, muttering to the missus under my breath.  

Stopping for pizza and a four pack on the way home. Match is on... Get 3points and all is forgiven, the memory will fade but I will be sure not to go with such high expectations next time...lose and it will compound my chagrin and I will go to bed still mulling over a disappointing day.

4 hours ago, sage said:

Lampard

Waghorn £7m, been ok ish has no transfer value, out of contract at the end of season.

Marrriot £4.5m been mostly injured or semi fit, loaned lout.

Malone £3m very poor, loaned out, no transfer value.

Josefzoon £2.5m awful form, loaned out, no transfer value.

Evans £200k ok squad player, not increased in value.

Holmes £600k his best signing but often injured and is worth about £1m. 

Plus signing 3 quality young players on loan at a high cost. 

Rowett

Signed 30 yr old Huddlestone and 32 year old Davies on high wages and with no resale value. Both been ok but at a cost.

£1.5m on 31 year old Jerome who was poor, got some money back

£3m on Wisdom who has been ok ish and lost his place to 17 yr old Bogle.

30 yr old Ledley on a free who was poor to ok. 

Rowett didn't spend as much as Lampard but left an ageing squad on high wages. 

Oh come on don’t be that one. 

Rowett - all of those players can at low cost and pulled towards a playoff campaign, he spent what he sold don’t forget that. Everyone of his signing were successful “that season”. 

Again Lampard not so much, I think there was a bit of euphoria with him and Mel gave him a bit more but remember he took big fees for a Vydra and Wierman to find those.

Archived