Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Whilst not being averse to signing a player from a club that's relegated or struggled I'm not sure about three players from Charlton a team who were relegated. They may have a player who could do a good job like Van Der Laan from Port Vale as an example, but that would be the exception rather than the rule. I'm also not over keen on a CD from at team that conceded 87 goals.

I did hear earlier that Brighton are keen on a Forest player and Clarke could be part of a deal. That would be unfortunate as he was someone I suggested last summer before his Brighton move and he settled well here.

Iv heard the clarke and his wife are both happy in Derby and they want to stay here so hopefully we can keep him even if it means another loan for the season then hopefully we will have a investment by then and we can make it permanent in January or the summer after best defender we have had in years! 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Iv heard the clarke and his wife are both happy in Derby and they want to stay here so hopefully we can keep him even if it means another loan for the season then hopefully we will have a investment by then and we can make it permanent in January or the summer after best defender we have had in years! 

Was this from Homebase's top patio salesman?

1 minute ago, sage said:

Was this from Homebase's top patio salesman?

George Thorne’s former hairdresser who injured himself doing a fringe 

3 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Not too far to travel to the shitty ground then for training and games when Brighton sell him. 

3 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Not too far to travel to the shitty ground then for training and games when Brighton sell him. 

I doubt Forest can afford him. It's a big cost cutting exercise for them this summer now that they've gambled and failed at promotion. I wouldn't even be surprised if they're given a soft embargo.

How about Max Kilman from Wolves on loan if we can't re-sign Clarke?

Left-footed centre-half with 25 caps for the England futsal team, so definitely good at playing out from the back. Can't see him getting too much game time there next season, and at 23 he will definitely need first-team football.

Cocu has a system and style of football he wants to play. If we’re going to improve as a team, we need players that fit that style. It’s important that our recruitment team work with Cocu to identify and get these players in. 
A goalkeeper and centre half comfortable with the ball at their feet. A winger with pace and the ability to pass and move into space. A forward who can bring others into play, if not Chrissy.

and of course, anyone else Cocu thinks will make our team better. 

3 hours ago, Posh Ram said:

Left-footed centre-half with 25 caps for the England futsal team, so definitely good at playing out from the back. Can't see him getting too much game time there next season, and at 23 he will definitely need first-team football.

Would he have the stamina to play on a full size pitch though??

I know Leeds have been strongly linked with Gelhardt of Wigan. I just wonder whether we could push for him. He's got a very good record for the England youth teams. He would fit in with the philosophy of the current team and the way we're rebuilding. I don't know the ins-and-outs, but it's one that I would personally be looking into.  

On 17/02/2020 at 11:29, IlsonDerby said:

Who’s 15/20 goals are the new striker replacing? 

I agree we need another option up top but it certainly won’t be to replace Marriotts goals. 
Guys been a bigger myth than Yakubus passport. Granted he needs a run in the first team but this is the 3rd manager at this level to pass up an opportunity to give him one?

Since when has Mick McCarthy's opinion ever mattered?

5 hours ago, Posh Ram said:

Never heard of him, so had a dig around the net.

From the looks of it a great suggestion, seems highly regarded.

1 hour ago, EraniosSocks said:

Players I really would love to see Derby go for...

Hendrix

Zoet 

Clarke (Again)

Clarke-Harris 

I'D Love Zoet and Hendrix.

But i think realistically we would only have a chance to get Zoet on loan with a view to buy at the end of his contract.

Hendrix is still in plans at PSV mainly because how versatile he is, like Zoet he is out of contract next year though.

7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I doubt Forest can afford him. It's a big cost cutting exercise for them this summer now that they've gambled and failed at promotion. I wouldn't even be surprised if they're given a soft embargo.

Even in the current climate there will still be championship clubs who will have reasonable transfer funds available, they won't all in the same alleged financial situation we find ourselves in, some on here are probably hoping that all clubs are in the same position, i haven't read anywhere that Forest are having a big cost cutting exercise. Gambled and failed at promotion,who does that remind you of.

I think its difficult to gauge what situation any club is in. Everything is very fluid in football at the moment.

Covid has changed the complete landscape. Stable clubs now don't where their income is coming from and the overheads after to met. Owners who for various reasons brought into football are now looking for escape routes.

Wigan position will no means be unique. They are now being forced into a fire sale of their better players and younger talent just to pay their monthly bills. 

Everyone is looking around and think who next ?

I think the of time of big transfer fees, large squads and big long contracts are over (with exception of Premiership). 

Welcome new world

Archived