Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'd like to see us try and sign Mike Van Der Hoorn from Swansea, assuming his contract runs out.

Double Dutch in defense with Te Wierik and Van Der Hoorn.

Van Der Hoorny in defense

And Waghorny up front.

I'd want to sign him just so we can chant "We've got der Hoorn/Mike van der Hoorn"

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Topram said:

From what Cocu said today sounds like we haven’t got anything to spend ?

I don’t think anybody would have anything to spend apart from the relegated premiership clubs and possibly the likes of Bristol city 

I'd like to see us keep an eye on Ejaria's situation at Reading. As I understand it, they have an obligation to buy him at the end of the loan period. Now this make s me think two things, the fee can't be too much (i.e. below £5m) and if they are struggling to pay it,we could help them out. He would massively improve us. 

12 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

If there is nothing to spend then I wonder what the plan is? I'm lead to believe that loans these days tend to come with having to pay a loan fee too, so is the plan a couple of cheap loans, maybe a free agent and hoping to god some of the current u23s step up?

More Loans like Dowell and Hamer probably.....

11 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

More Loans like Dowell and Hamer probably.....

@Andrew3000

Cocu said: “I have a clear idea of how I would like the team but the financial situation, not just for us but for many, influences our decisions. Fresh blood needs to come in but we need to keep a core of players who know how we play. Some players will need to find new projects.”

7 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

What did he say? I listened to the interview on the official site and didn't hear that. 

He said he has an ideal of how his team will look next season but with the finances at the club, right through the club, they cant go furloughing staff one side and then spending millions on players the other.

He also said the club comes first.

Testing times ahead.

I suppose it makes sense, cut the tea ladies wage by 20% then go and spend 5 million on a defender probably isnt the greatest thing to do.

12 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

QPR  have had a 2 million pound bid accepted by Wigan for Kieffer Moore , according to Sky , get in there Derby if Martins leaving , hes a bargain at that price

He's a unit, but his goal scoring record above League one isn't great. We could do with this kind of nuisance player but my gut says we can spend 2.1 million better.

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Very unrealistic. Fozzy won't be used at CB unless we have another injury crisis - Wisdom, te Wierik, Evans, Davies, new CB, and possibly Bielik will all be ahead of him. He's battling with Lowe for a starting spot at LB. I'm unsure why you'd drop him the 3rd choice just because he's an emergency CB. You keep him at LB until we reach the crisis point at CB, then get someone else to cover LB (such as Buchanan).

Out of all of the centre back options you mention not one is left footed so we have no first choice or back up option for left centre back, Forysth imo will be the back up, Clarke appears to be our main choice for first choice left centre back. Cocu himself has mentioned Forysth as a centre back.

59 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He said he has an ideal of how his team will look next season but with the finances at the club, right through the club, they cant go furloughing staff one side and then spending millions on players the other.

He also said the club comes first.

Testing times ahead.

I suppose it makes sense, cut the tea ladies wage by 20% then go and spend 5 million on a defender probably isnt the greatest thing to do.

Its at times like this, I  cheer myself up with a couple of episodes of Sunderland Till I Die. That  for me, shed a real light on football club excess. ?

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Out of all of the centre back options you mention not one is left footed so we have no first choice or back up option for left centre back, Forysth imo will be the back up, Clarke appears to be our main choice for first choice left centre back. Cocu himself has mentioned Forysth as a centre back.

Why does a CB have to be left-footed? I can think of plenty of amazing CB pairings where both had same dominant foot. ??‍♂️ 

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Why does a CB have to be left-footed? I can think of plenty of amazing CB pairings where both had same dominant foot. ??‍♂️ 

Because Cocu has openly stated that to play the way he wanta us to play he wants a left footed centre back on the left side, hence why Davies hasnt played on the left like he used to

Archived