Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Aynsley Pears on a free from Boro? Cheap, young and will be decent competition for Roos.

Our recruitment team should bring him up at their next conference.

10 hours ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Are you genuinely suggesting the club who has been stuck with players for years with no real attempts to clear them off will sign a further left back to add to the 4 we have on the assumption we may sell/loan 3?

If we sell/get rid of Malone we will bring in another left back imo. Like I mentioned, I can see Forsyth being centre back cover so 3rd choice left back, and Buchanan out on loan. Not exactly unrealistic?

3 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Ideal for me: 

A GK that actually inspires confidence. 

left sided CB

pacey winger with a bit of end product 

target man with some pace

suggestions:

Clarke back on loan. 

Perhaps Ibe on a contract that suits all parties? Or a loan a la Andre Green someone else mentioned?  

Cameron Jerome with a tiny bit more technical ability? Would Keifer Moore from Wigan fit the bill? 

It seems this is the consensus on what we need, seen a lot of similar posts and I agree 

Obviously we won’t nail all these positions but I do think Ibe is a possibility and we’ll presumably sign someone at CB, even if it isn’t Clarke 

Striker is the least important for me as we do have decent options already 

27 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

If we sell/get rid of Malone we will bring in another left back imo. Like I mentioned, I can see Forsyth being centre back cover so 3rd choice left back, and Buchanan out on loan. Not exactly unrealistic?

Very unrealistic. Fozzy won't be used at CB unless we have another injury crisis - Wisdom, te Wierik, Evans, Davies, new CB, and possibly Bielik will all be ahead of him. He's battling with Lowe for a starting spot at LB. I'm unsure why you'd drop him the 3rd choice just because he's an emergency CB. You keep him at LB until we reach the crisis point at CB, then get someone else to cover LB (such as Buchanan).

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Very unrealistic. Fozzy won't be used at CB unless we have another injury crisis - Wisdom, te Wierik, Evans, Davies, new CB, and possibly Bielik will all be ahead of him. He's battling with Lowe for a starting spot at LB. I'm unsure why you'd drop him the 3rd choice just because he's an emergency CB. You keep him at LB until we reach the crisis point at CB, then get someone else to cover LB (such as Buchanan).

I have stood up for Davies on here, including favouring him over Evans. 

TBH I was wrong. 

I had not appreciated just how much he had deteriorated physically. He falls over repeatedly because his body won't do the things he needs it to. 

We cannot be competitive next season if he is even back-up. 

I don't rate Evans or Bielik at CB either so would be keen to get a better option even if Clarke stays. 

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'd like to see us try and sign Mike Van Der Hoorn from Swansea, assuming his contract runs out.

Double Dutch in defense with Te Wierik and Van Der Hoorn.

Van Der Hoorny in defense

And Waghorny up front.

Mooted this bloke before as he's very comfortable on the ball. Think he signed a new contract last summer though on big money to head of a Villa move so not sure our magic beans would stretch that far.  Plus he would probably have better options than a team in the middle of sorting it's poo out to be honest.

8 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Mooted this bloke before as he's very comfortable on the ball. Think he signed a new contract last summer though on big money to head of a Villa move so not sure our magic beans would stretch that far.  Plus he would probably have better options than a team in the middle of sorting it's poo out to be honest.

Oh right, I didnt realise he signed a contract, I thought I read his deal was up, that must have been a story from last year.

Shame.

Actually, according to Transfermarkt his contract expires this year, it says June 2020, so I imagine that will be after tomorrow's game.

Let's hope Cocu has had a quiet word with his agent.

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Oh right, I didnt realise he signed a contract, I thought I read his deal was up, that must have been a story from last year.

Shame.

Actually, according to Transfermarkt his contract expires this year, it says June 2020, so I imagine that will be after tomorrow's game.

Let's hope Cocu has had a quiet word with his agent.

Might have signed a one year extension then.  if Villa are still interested though we have experience of how that winds up.  Whatever happened to Kodija, Lansbury and the others they signed on 40k a week, to head us off. Remember that day we sold Hendrick and signed Vydra and Anya with Kodija to come after the weekend.  Them were the days we could spend 22 miilion in 48 hrs.

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Might have signed a one year extension then.  if Villa are still interested though we have experience of how that winds up.  Whatever happened to Kodija, Lansbury and the others they signed on 40k a week, to head us off. Remember that day we sold Hendrick and signed Vydra and Anya with Kodija to come after the weekend.  Them were the days we could spend 22 miilion in 48 hrs.

Van der Hoorn signed an extension for 1 year back in April 2019, which expires at the end of the month. 

And he has played the last 3 games for Swansea, so definitely a potential option...

Archived