Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

For every success there are 3 or 4 failures who generally end up back in Scotland...

...but we are going to have to take gambles wherever the players come from. We can’t afford to buy ready made players with no risk. And those players probably wouldn’t sign for us anyway. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RamNut said:

...but we are going to have to take gambles wherever the players come from. We can’t afford to buy ready made players with no risk. And those players probably wouldn’t sign for us anyway. 

Agreed...but there is a big difference in looking good against the likes of St Mirren and Livingstone than playing the level of teams in the Championship week in week out. I certainly wouldn’t spend close to 3 million on him...

31 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Agreed...but there is a big difference in looking good against the likes of St Mirren and Livingstone than playing the level of teams in the Championship week in week out. I certainly wouldn’t spend close to 3 million on him...

That's why you  structure deals.....try and get as small an up front payment as possible and try to tie the rest to genuine achievement, to align interests.

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Let’s hope we are already looking 

I sure we are my worry is can we get the people on our list in.

cocu as said that the plans he made for each window have always change.

I for one hope he is given the backing to develop his own team in terms of players he wants in.

3 minutes ago, RYRAM said:

I for one hope he is given the backing to develop his own team in terms of players he wants in.

My worry is if Villa come down.

We just have to hope our scouting is done further afield, as we always seem to chase players from this country who eventually sign for Villa or Bristol City.

1 hour ago, RYRAM said:

He clearly wasn’t happy they said they’ve been planning for a while but that can change with the hearing etc 

10 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

VERY unrealistic suggestion, but couldn't help noticing that Ryan Fraser is now a free agent after leaving Bournemouth. Just the sort of wing player we need. Could see him holding out for a Prem move, but if one doesn't materialise... then who knows!

Same Ryan Fraser linked with spurs, newcastle, west ham and Everton?

You had me at "very unrealistic suggestion"

On 19/07/2020 at 16:40, I8Forest78 said:

Just watching Dogs at Barnsley,the lad Brown and Chaplin would be worth a punt if they go down,also Mowatt looks quality very similar to Bradley Johnson but as a set piece in him!!

Big fan of Jacob Brown, just the sort of player we should be looking for down the right hand side. He has played more as striker this season, but i prefer him as supply rather than finisher

On 16/07/2020 at 20:59, DCFC1388 said:

100% we will sign a left footed centre back, whether or not that is Clarke remains to be seen.

Te Wierek, Davies, Wisdom, Bielik & Evans are all right footed so they wont play left side. Cocu has previously said he likes to have left footers on the left for how he wants us to play, which is also why Davies has always been on the right under Cocu even though before he was on the left next to Keogh.

I also think Cocu might try to convert Forsyth into a centre back. He has all the attributes and would cover the left side. Pretty sure Cocu has said previously he can see Forsyth playing there. Would also explain why we have been linked with Fox at left back. Malone is probably on his way out the door & Buchanan may be loaned out leaving  just Lowe.

Are you genuinely suggesting the club who has been stuck with players for years with no real attempts to clear them off will sign a further left back to add to the 4 we have on the assumption we may sell/loan 3?

1 hour ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

That’s a football manager player suggestion if I’ve ever seen one...

I'm afraid Pohjanpalo wasn't born when I've properly played that game ?

So, please enlighten me, what makes him a FM proposal?

12 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I'm afraid Pohjanpalo wasn't born when I've properly played that game ?

So, please enlighten me, what makes him a FM proposal?

He’s one not particularly this season but 2 or 3 of the last 5 he’s been quite common as a player that’s popped up for me and a few other people I’ve seen.

Plus he’s an obscure name from abroad with no links to Derby

Ideal for me: 

A GK that actually inspires confidence. 

left sided CB

pacey winger with a bit of end product 

target man with some pace

suggestions:

Clarke back on loan. 

Perhaps Ibe on a contract that suits all parties? Or a loan a la Andre Green someone else mentioned?  

Cameron Jerome with a tiny bit more technical ability? Would Keifer Moore from Wigan fit the bill? 

Archived