Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

47 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

So we write off players because they’ve been a flop somewhere else?! Seth Johnson was a flop at Leeds......I thought he did ok in his second spell at Derby. 

I just think at 27 he’s still got a lot to offer....and worth a punt. Just an opinion.

I don't see Stoke going down - And they have another season (I think) of parachute payments which mean they still probably don't need to take low bids for players - If they did I'd be thinking Butland, Ince and Clucas would be good shouts

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

If we are going to go for it next season we need some serious fire power up front.

if Marriotts op goes well...and he gets the service, he could well be a 20 plus goalscorer we need

10 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

At least they can focus on transfer targets for the championship now. 

Another GK target should be Matija Sarkic from Villa. Turned down new contract and linked with Wolves but wants to play football. Very good prospect

If we bought Sarkic, you do know we'd never be allowed to criticise him on this forum?  Ever.

And that will have nothing to do with his ability or performances.  It will be purely because he was born in Grimsby!

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Will Harry Wilson's value have dropped after the season at Bournemouth?
He won a goal of the month early on but hasn't been playing much recently.

7 in 23 in a poor prem team isn’t bad. Imo it’s going up rather than down 

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Heard today that we are after Zach Steffen on loan for next season.

Goalkeeper for Man City and the USA, keeps getting loaned out.

Perhaps Steffen joins us on loan with Scott Carson going the other way again.

Where did you hear that from?

1 hour ago, DCFC4LIFE said:

Where did you hear that from?

Just now, Coconut said:

Someone's probably read it on here and it's gone full circle

I heard this from a Bristol City fan, too! 

Maybe they're just on the wind up...

2 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Need more firepower .... Scott Hogan from Villa but they may well keep him if relegated

Scott Hogan?

If we want someone who was good in 2016, we have Chris Martin...

Surely the aim is to bring in players who will improve the squad?

10 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Scott Hogan?

If we want someone who was good in 2016, we have Chris Martin...

Surely the aim is to bring in players who will improve the squad?

Scott Hogan has been scoring freely for Birmingham City THIS SEASON!! on loan and they aren't great so whats the problem ?

Chris Martin has been great for us but time to freshen things up 

32 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Scott Hogan has been scoring freely for Birmingham City THIS SEASON!! on loan and they aren't great so whats the problem ?

Chris Martin has been great for us but time to freshen things up 

Scoring freely?

He hasn’t scored a single goal since the season restarted. 0 goals in 7 games.

Don’t be blinded because he had one good spell of 7 goals in 8 games when he first joined Birmingham. It’s called a purple patch. 

At Stoke, he scored 2 in 13. The other 14 games he was either an unused substitute or not even in the squad.

Don’t you think it’s telling that he’s only joined clubs residing in the bottom half of the Championship?

Signing a player like Scott Hogan would be a sideways move.

What will he offer that Martin, Waghorn and a fully fit Marriott cannot?

I would like to see a GK, RW and ST to come in as well as Matt Clarke back on loan. Steffen seems a reasonable target on loan with Carson going the other way permanently. Düsseldorf apparently wanted him back but on the condition they stayed up, which they didn’t. At RW I would like Gyrano Kerk from FC Utrecht. With 18 G/A in 24 appearances in the eredivisie it would be a great buy at only 24 years old as well. I think that would set us back 3-4 million, a cheaper option could be Silvester van der water from Heracles which would probably cost 1-2 million. The striker I would buy is Janni Serra from Holsten Kiel. Whilst only getting 10 G/A in 19 games most of his appearances come from the bench and he would fit our system as a tall hold up centre forward to play out to the wingers or full backs to cross in. At only 21 he would set us back about 1-2 million and I think it would be a good buy. In order to buy and loan these in we would probably have to sell Bogle, Carson and maybe Marriott. That would come to a cost of about -3/4 million.

Archived