Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

It was seven years ago and my memory is not the best, so I won’t fight you on that. Maybe the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

I am sure we can both agree though the right decision was made in the end! ?

I've no idea what you are on about. You agreed that Martin was already playing well before MacClaren. Indeed he had scored 6 on those first 9 games.

I do agree that it was the right decision to sign him. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100% we will sign a left footed centre back, whether or not that is Clarke remains to be seen.

Te Wierek, Davies, Wisdom, Bielik & Evans are all right footed so they wont play left side. Cocu has previously said he likes to have left footers on the left for how he wants us to play, which is also why Davies has always been on the right under Cocu even though before he was on the left next to Keogh.

I also think Cocu might try to convert Forsyth into a centre back. He has all the attributes and would cover the left side. Pretty sure Cocu has said previously he can see Forsyth playing there. Would also explain why we have been linked with Fox at left back. Malone is probably on his way out the door & Buchanan may be loaned out leaving  just Lowe.

9 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

100% we will sign a left footed centre back, whether or not that is Clarke remains to be seen.

Te Wierek, Davies, Wisdom, Bielik & Evans are all right footed so they wont play left side. Cocu has previously said he likes to have left footers on the left for how he wants us to play, which is also why Davies has always been on the right under Cocu even though before he was on the left next to Keogh.

I also think Cocu might try to convert Forsyth into a centre back. He has all the attributes and would cover the left side. Pretty sure Cocu has said previously he can see Forsyth playing there. Would also explain why we have been linked with Fox at left back. Malone is probably on his way out the door & Buchanan may be loaned out leaving  just Lowe.

He has already out forsyth there numerous times this season and he was dreadful 

40 minutes ago, sage said:

I've no idea what you are on about. You agreed that Martin was already playing well before MacClaren. Indeed he had scored 6 on those first 9 games.

I do agree that it was the right decision to sign him. 

Sorry, I misread what you said. I thought you were saying that he played well for us in 2012-13.

Looking at players who might be free in the next couple of weeks, there’s Mike van der Hoorn who people were suggesting last season and has just returned from injury.

Another suggestion for a quick, powerful winger is Elias Kachunga - he’s always looked quite a handful whenever we’ve played against him...

Has been linked with us in the past; I would go for Sam Cosgrove. I appreciate he’s not very ‘exotic’ but he is exactly what we need up top at the moment - at 6ft 3 he physically dominates defences, holds the ball, brings others into the game and no slouch.

appears to be available for around £2.7m so won’t break the bank - not bad for a striker who has scored over 20 goals this season, and at 23yrs scope for further development.

4 minutes ago, Shadowplay said:

Has been linked with us in the past; I would go for Sam Cosgrove. I appreciate he’s not very ‘exotic’ but he is exactly what we need up top at the moment - at 6ft 3 he physically dominates defences, holds the ball, brings others into the game and no slouch.

appears to be available for around £2.7m so won’t break the bank - not bad for a striker who has scored over 20 goals this season, and at 23yrs scope for further development.

have to agree. got all we need. I understand its a jump up in level but I feel at his age he will cope just fine ? 

1 hour ago, Shadowplay said:

I'd be a bit wary of signing strikers from the SPL. Unless you're scoring against Celtic or Rangers, then the level isn't great (I believe he did score a consolation against Celtic earlier this season before anyone says anything). Conor Sammon looked like a world beater for Kilmarnock before we signed him!

That being said... if we did end up signing him, I'd love to be proved wrong.

1 hour ago, Shadowplay said:

In the SPL though....

3 hours ago, Shadowplay said:

1 hour ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

I'd be a bit wary of signing strikers from the SPL. Unless you're scoring against Celtic or Rangers, then the level isn't great (I believe he did score a consolation against Celtic earlier this season before anyone says anything). Conor Sammon looked like a world beater for Kilmarnock before we signed him!

That being said... if we did end up signing him, I'd love to be proved wrong.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

In the SPL though....

Bryson was a success. Steven Archibald went from Aberdeen to spurs to Barcelona. Andy gray was a huge success. Ultimately this is what great scouting is all about. Being able to spot those that will adapt and thrive. we are going to have to take gambles on whoever we sign. 

p.s. I can’t believe that Connor Samson ever looked any good, anywhere.

47 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Bryson was a success. Steven Archibald went from Aberdeen to spurs to Barcelona. Andy gray was a huge success. Ultimately this is what great scouting is all about. Being able to spot those that will adapt and thrive. we are going to have to take gambles on whoever we sign. 

p.s. I can’t believe that Connor Samson ever looked any good, anywhere.

For every success there are 3 or 4 failures who generally end up back in Scotland...

Archived