Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

25 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Scoring freely?

He hasn’t scored a single goal since the season restarted. 0 goals in 7 games.

Don’t be blinded because he had one good spell of 7 goals in 8 games when he first joined Birmingham. It’s called a purple patch. 

At Stoke, he scored 2 in 13. The other 14 games he was either an unused substitute or not even in the squad.

Don’t you think it’s telling that he’s only joined clubs residing in the bottom half of the Championship?

Signing a player like Scott Hogan would be a sideways move.

What will he offer that Martin, Waghorn and a fully fit Marriott cannot?

I'm not blinded by anything so get a grip

Hogan is 28 and still has lots to offer he works hard and closes players down CM is past his best and if you seriously think he has as much to offer in what and how Cocu wants us to play then once again you are deluded , Waghorn fits the model but Martin doesnt , ask Brum fans what they think of Hogan and talking of being blinded Stoke can easily it seems ruin most good players careers this season , Ince, Powell, Allen , Butland, Woods , for example are all good players at this level yet Stoke are massively under achieving , are they all crap players  ???? No....there is more to it than that stats aren't everything Hogan in the right team will score goals in the championship and would do the hard work that is required if Cocu's system is to work and he's strong on the ball and be a foil for others and could get him for a reasonable but not massive fee , Dwight Gayle is another but would be more expensive, but would get us probably more  goals than Hogan think past stats a little bit and look at how a player plays if you can 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Dcfc_20 said:

I would like to see a GK, RW and ST to come in as well as Matt Clarke back on loan. Steffen seems a reasonable target on loan with Carson going the other way permanently. Düsseldorf apparently wanted him back but on the condition they stayed up, which they didn’t. At RW I would like Gyrano Kerk from FC Utrecht. With 18 G/A in 24 appearances in the eredivisie it would be a great buy at only 24 years old as well. I think that would set us back 3-4 million, a cheaper option could be Silvester van der water from Heracles which would probably cost 1-2 million. The striker I would buy is Janni Serra from Holsten Kiel. Whilst only getting 10 G/A in 19 games most of his appearances come from the bench and he would fit our system as a tall hold up centre forward to play out to the wingers or full backs to cross in. At only 21 he would set us back about 1-2 million and I think it would be a good buy. In order to buy and loan these in we would probably have to sell Bogle, Carson and maybe Marriott. That would come to a cost of about -3/4 million.

I like Kerk too and Matt Clarke has been immense and got better as the season has gone on, can't really see Brighton wanting him in prem I'd love it if we got him on a permanent he always gives 100 per cent every game 

13 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I'm not blinded by anything so get a grip

Hogan is 28 and still has lots to offer he works hard and closes players down CM is past his best and if you seriously think he has as much to offer in what and how Cocu wants us to play then once again you are deluded , Waghorn fits the model but Martin doesnt , ask Brum fans what they think of Hogan and talking of being blinded Stoke can easily it seems ruin most good players careers this season , Ince, Powell, Allen , Butland, Woods , for example are all good players at this level yet Stoke are massively under achieving , are they all crap players  ???? No....there is more to it than that stats aren't everything Hogan in the right team will score goals in the championship and would do the hard work that is required if Cocu's system is to work and he's strong on the ball and be a foil for others and could get him for a reasonable but not massive fee , Dwight Gayle is another but would be more expensive, but would get us probably more  goals than Hogan think past stats a little bit and look at how a player plays if you can 

You’re the one who stated we needed ‘more firepower’ and suggested Scott Hogan, and I am the deluded one?

We don’t have a big transfer budget and we are trying to trim the wage bill and you suggest Scott Hogan, and I am the deluded one?

It has all of the hallmarks of Derby’s recent recruitment - an average player on massive wages dining out on a purple patch from years ago.

There’s a reason why he was not wanted at Villa, not wanted at Stoke, and soon will be not wanted at Birmingham.

Why would we, as a club looking to kick on and improve and finish in the top six, sign Scott Hogan unless we were absolutely desperate?

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

You’re the one who stated we needed ‘more firepower’ and suggested Scott Hogan, and I am the deluded one?

We don’t have a big transfer budget and we are trying to trim the wage bill and you suggest Scott Hogan, and I am the deluded one?

It has all of the hallmarks of Derby’s recent recruitment - an average player on massive wages dining out on a purple patch from years ago.

There’s a reason why he was not wanted at Villa, not wanted at Stoke, and soon will be not wanted at Birmingham.

Why would we, as a club looking to kick on and improve and finish in the top six, sign Scott Hogan unless we were absolutely desperate?

mate, i've completely blown open your flimsy non football petty snidey remarks regarding Cocu and now you think you can try and belittle me by saying i'm deluded because you had no argument at all and think football is a game on a PC called football manager or championship manager...you are bereft of ideas yet spout off like you know it all about players you know nothing about...haha very humourous...not...all you ever do is moan about everthing mate...perhaps do us all a favour and go shopping or something on a saturday or go to one of your fancy wine bars in france that you say is so fantastic.....yaaaaaaaaaaaawn!!! don't bother answering mate because i will not waste my time on whiners like you ...is that ok pal ???

And for the record jourdan Hogan was brilliant in a possesion based football side when at Brentford , thats not Stoke or Birmingham or Villa but at Brentford, and if we could get him at a now cheaper price it will be good business because he is a decent hard working championship striker who is only 28 and that is what we need.... Chris Martin was not exactly on everyones shopping list when we signed him but guess what???he turned out pretty good didnt he ?????

36 minutes ago, S8TY said:

mate, i've completely blown open your flimsy non football petty snidey remarks regarding Cocu and now you think you can try and belittle me by saying i'm deluded because you had no argument at all and think football is a game on a PC called football manager or championship manager...you are bereft of ideas yet spout off like you know it all about players you know nothing about...haha very humourous...not...all you ever do is moan about everthing mate...perhaps do us all a favour and go shopping or something on a saturday or go to one of your fancy wine bars in france that you say is so fantastic.....yaaaaaaaaaaaawn!!! don't bother answering mate because i will not waste my time on whiners like you ...is that ok pal ???

You’re hilarious. Please find where I’ve said a bad word about you or attempted to belittle you in any way?

You can’t discuss anything without getting personal, and you can’t accept a difference of opinion.

I was just interested in your opinion. I gave some reasons why Hogan isn’t the answer - big wages, potentially big fee (knowing Derby), average to poor recent record, and not an improvement on what we have - and you go on the defensive.

28 minutes ago, S8TY said:

And for the record jourdan Hogan was brilliant in a possesion based football side when at Brentford , thats not Stoke or Birmingham or Villa but at Brentford, and if we could get him at a now cheaper price it will be good business because he is a decent hard working championship striker who is only 28 and that is what we need.... Chris Martin was not exactly on everyones shopping list when we signed him but guess what???he turned out pretty good didnt he ?????

The difference is Chris Martin came here on a free and there was no risk attached at all. Clough knew what he was getting as he had been on loan to us prior - so our due diligence was done.

Hogan did well at Brentford. But almost everyone does well at Brentford. It’s not a reliable indicator necessarily. Look at Jozefzoon as a prime example.

The potential finances on the deal just make it one to avoid for me. Villa aren’t going to give away a player they originally bought for £12 million. They will want to recoup as much as possible. He will be on big wages too, which we will have to try and drive down.

I just think given our financial situation, it’d be a very risky move.

46 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

The difference is Chris Martin came here on a free and there was no risk attached at all. Clough knew what he was getting as he had been on loan to us prior - so our due diligence was done.

Hogan did well at Brentford. But almost everyone does well at Brentford. It’s not a reliable indicator necessarily. Look at Jozefzoon as a prime example.

The potential finances on the deal just make it one to avoid for me. Villa aren’t going to give away a player they originally bought for £12 million. They will want to recoup as much as possible. He will be on big wages too, which we will have to try and drive down.

Don’t forget he was pants until McClaren turned up. Did nothing on that loan that gave us any idea why we was signing him. 

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Don’t forget he was pants until McClaren turned up. Did nothing on that loan that gave us any idea why we was signing him. 

During the loan spell, he was poor. As fans, I think the majority were nonplussed when we signed him based on what we had seen in games.

But like I said, Clough must have seen something - maybe in training?

In fairness, he had some good games early on in 13-14. Didn’t he score twice away at Brighton for a shock away win in August? McClaren just took him to a completely different level.

But yes signing Martin then v signing Hogan now - the risk involved is oceans apart.

10 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Wish some on here would leave Flo alone , he has never had a decent run of games here , players speak very highly of him in training , and i feel there is a footballer in there , as proved at Brentford , if only we gave him a decent run in the team

9 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Wish some on here would leave Flo alone , he has never had a decent run of games here , players speak very highly of him in training , and i feel there is a footballer in there , as proved at Brentford , if only we gave him a decent run in the team

I agree but if cocu doesn't want to play him, we must sell and bring in someone that will get in the team. We don't want another pile of deadwood.

24 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Totally agree. I actually like Jozefzoon and think he’s been given a raw deal by Lampard and Cocu.

But let’s be honest, if he left tomorrow, he would have to go down as a poor signing.

14 hours ago, Dcfc_20 said:

I would like to see a GK, RW and ST to come in as well as Matt Clarke back on loan. Steffen seems a reasonable target on loan with Carson going the other way permanently. Düsseldorf apparently wanted him back but on the condition they stayed up, which they didn’t. At RW I would like Gyrano Kerk from FC Utrecht. With 18 G/A in 24 appearances in the eredivisie it would be a great buy at only 24 years old as well. I think that would set us back 3-4 million, a cheaper option could be Silvester van der water from Heracles which would probably cost 1-2 million. The striker I would buy is Janni Serra from Holsten Kiel. Whilst only getting 10 G/A in 19 games most of his appearances come from the bench and he would fit our system as a tall hold up centre forward to play out to the wingers or full backs to cross in. At only 21 he would set us back about 1-2 million and I think it would be a good buy. In order to buy and loan these in we would probably have to sell Bogle, Carson and maybe Marriott. That would come to a cost of about -3/4 million.

A few young foreign players with unpronounceable names that I've never heard of......I'm in! ?

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

Because he doesn't take his chances when they come. He gets a start and then does nothing with it. He's had opportunities to show **something** and never has. 

10 hours ago, Jourdan said:

During the loan spell, he was poor. As fans, I think the majority were nonplussed when we signed him based on what we had seen in games.

But like I said, Clough must have seen something - maybe in training?

In fairness, he had some good games early on in 13-14. Didn’t he score twice away at Brighton for a shock away win in August? McClaren just took him to a completely different level.

But yes signing Martin then v signing Hogan now - the risk involved is oceans apart.

He was good that season before NC got sacked. When on loan he played CAM behind Sammon. 

16 minutes ago, sage said:

He was good that season before NC got sacked. When on loan he played CAM behind Sammon. 

It was seven years ago and my memory is not the best, so I won’t fight you on that. Maybe the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

I am sure we can both agree though the right decision was made in the end! ?

2 hours ago, Premier ram said:

There's some on here regularly picking holes in much more consistent performers for Derby than Flo, so you've no chance where he's concerned! 

15 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

I would take Cauley Woodrow and Callum styles, they just caused Leeds all sorts of problems. Luke Thomas also played well, quite baffling that we sold him.

There’s something I like about Cauley Woodrow and I view him like a mix of Ron willems type/ Chris Martin 

Archived