Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

On 04/11/2019 at 22:28, Ramtastic ones said:

Family? He was paid handsomely for his blood sweat and tears. His arrangement with the club was purely business. He did a job - well sometimes, less than well others - and he got paid for it. He is, by his own actions (nobody made him get in a car with a drunk driver) , incapable of doing the job for which he was being paid. Therefore he can't provide the services for which he was being paid.

Would a bricklayer get paid if he broke his arm in a car crash? No. So much as he served the club well, we shouldn't let emotion cloud what the right thing to is.

Derby County is a business. It has financial constraints applied on it. Koeghs salary is 10% of the money we can lose under FFP each year. We need that 10%. We don't need a player that can't play. 

We don’t welcome the situation that has arisen and we feel terrible for RK; but there is a reality that cannot be ignored. I’m doubtful that RK’s appeal will be successful but I suspect the impasse will be fixed by both sides coming together and reaching a compromise. I suspect that Derby will keep the current offer of a reduced contract on the table and I suspect RK will eventually accept it realising that he now has to work at building a future for himself as a former footballer. 

8 hours ago, Ellafella said:

We don’t welcome the situation that has arisen and we feel terrible for RK; but there is a reality that cannot be ignored. I’m doubtful that RK’s appeal will be successful but I suspect the impasse will be fixed by both sides coming together and reaching a compromise. I suspect that Derby will keep the current offer of a reduced contract on the table and I suspect RK will eventually accept it realising that he now has to work at building a future for himself as a former footballer. 

I really hope that is the case. It is as it should be but sadly when agents, money, story mongers, ego and spongers are in the sidelines, then gentlemanly behaviour and wise council tends to get thrown out of the window. 

On 13/11/2019 at 09:48, Ellafella said:

I doubt if Keogh will be offered the reduced wages as I don’t see how he can play at Derby again, I would thought that we offer him a cash sum as part of a settlement agreement which has a non disclosure clause in it (gagging clause)

40 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

I doubt if Keogh will be offered the reduced wages as I don’t see how he can play at Derby again, I would thought that we offer him a cash sum as part of a settlement agreement which has a non disclosure clause in it (gagging clause)

I think that's how it will ultimately play out.

shame we never got the full rush v Mel bloodbath but I imagine they're both bound by the settlement to not make things public.

On 13/11/2019 at 10:24, Rambam said:

Here we go again on TalkSport. Heartless Derby again. 

Plus Chelsea’s fine system under scrutiny. Mainly lateness being hit.

I wonder if they’ll mention it’s subject to Frank’s discretion. In other words if there’s a genuine reason, they’ll get a pass. 

Talksport is rubbish from top to bottom. Better off sticking a CD in if you've got nowt else to listen to in the car. 

Its like 606 or the moan in stretched to 24 hours. 

23 hours ago, Squid said:

An NDA would be difficult seeing as RK's agent decided to go all public on the radio about it all 

That was just to drum up public sympathy

Anything agreed would be subject to a NDA with the caveat that any disclosure of the agreement reached would then nullify the financial resolution and be subject to forfeiture

He could write a cracking book about his time at Derby 

play off final

8 managers

the pish up

the Sean Morrison incident 

fighting with the forest grounds man

Spill the beans 

Edited by RamNut