Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

1 hour ago, GadFly said:

Are you on glue? 

Put themselves at risk. Tick. 

Colleague at risk. Tick. (Keogh actually injured for 14 months through their actions as well as his own) 

General public at risk of injury or worse. Tick. 

Club in disrepute. Massive tick. 

You're going to need to elaborate on your comment because I really don't understand it. 

ok first and foremost professional footballers are very rarely sacked after being done for drinking and driving(not that i agree with it).first let me point out that there was very little if any call for Lawrence and Bennett to be sacked after the court case.

Keogh was not injured because of the crash he was injured because he was stupid enough NOT  to wear his seat belt,which of course legally the responsibility of the passenger and not the driver,So as you have said he was injured bad enough for him to be out at least 14 months .His contract expires in june 2020,will he be fit by then? who knows.Was he offered a contract at a reduced wage  yes So my point his he wasnt sacked,IMO  he was silly not to accept the offer look at Thorne and how long its taking him to fully recover

36 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

The main thing I noticed about Keogh, he has tweeted since it happened thanking people for their support, but there has been absolutely no sign of a public apology from him for his part in the whole thing. Would this indicate he believes he has nothing to apologise for? I wonder if there has been a behind the scenes apology?

Whatever you think of the other two and their actions that night, they have been both punished by the club and apologised, and it was before reaching court, so they didn't wait until after the court case to see what happened before they took responsibility, and they have now also been punished by the court.

Their situations are not the same as Keogh's. They are fit to play and as such can hold up their end of their contracts with the club, and so they are able to begin to repay the club on the pitch. Keogh is not and I'd guess the clubs offer to keep him employed but lower his wage was them giving him his chance to do the same.

Keogh could have quietly accepted the deal and protected his own integrity and the club. The club would have supported him through his rehabilitation. To my mind, no apology is an unwillingness to admit wrong doing. He seeks sympathy rather than forgiveness. What had he done that was bad enough he couldn't own up? Always someone else's fault.

We don't know and may never know the full details of the night. I also wonder if Keogh may have had some warning due to his Forest grapple, which mysteriously went quiet( pure guess).

43 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Perhaps you could just share a few then in your short time on this earth.

Mings, boly, cooper, Davies, elphick, klose, zimmerman, connelly, hause, cook, dunk, duff, keane, mee, tarkowski, kalas, reem, Lascelles, mbenba and on and on. Ariston. There's hundreds of em. 

4 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Mings, boly, cooper, Davies, elphick, klose, zimmerman, connelly, hause, cook, dunk, duff, keane, mee, tarkowski, kalas, reem, Lascelles, mbenba and on and on. Ariston. There's hundreds of em. 

How did i forget john stones and joe gomez?

12 minutes ago, Xlor said:

When you start naming players who have had half a season in the division, a quarter of a season in the division, players Keogh has literally kept out of our starting XI, and bit-part full-backs as better than him… that’s when people don’t take you seriously

All you’ve really done there is name the centre-halves of some of the most recently promoted teams

Edited by cannable

Similar to most on here, I can see why it had to be done as he’s costing the club a lot of money for something they weren’t responsible for. However, his punishment seems far worse than the two perpetrators. As it’s freed up £25k a week I hope we buy a decent replacement in January. 

7 hours ago, Uptherams said:

You don't know what the 'deal' was. This also won't stick in court. They can't offer him a new contract and then sack him for gross misconduct when he rejects it. 

My message was prefaced with ‘if’.  

Without sounding facetious, have you heard of compromise agreements? There are numerous occasions whereby companies will try to settle matters to ‘avoid’ the matter going further. This would also prevent any future claim. This again is something that the club, as any multi Million pound business would do.

Gross misconduct can cover gross negligence. The club has investigated the incident and allowed him to respond. We do not know if during this period the club appointed an external investigator, again which would (if my understanding is correct) provide some independency.

I am not sure of the basis of any unfair dismissal claim.

Has the reason he been given not the real one?  Well that’s an obvious yes. His role in the situation has lead to him not being able to perform his contract.

Is it unfair? Well no because of his role in this he cannot perform his contract. If he seeks to argue that it is unfair because of the responses to similar actions of other employees, well there are cases to show that does not necessarily matter. The significant difference is that he cannot perform his contract. Lawrence and Bennett can.

Edited by GrimsbyRam

I find this decision by the club very distasteful. Not to say hypercritical considering the punishment metered out to the other two. There is no consistency and I feel Keogh has been singled out. How the club could justify this decision in a legal sense I doubt based on the other two. I would love to know if there are other considerations 

So I will be at PP on Saturday and I aim to show my support  for Keogh. I’m really not happy with the club at the moment. 

he had a contract of employment, the salary is irrelevant, and DCFC have sacked him and kept two others on who were:

1, convicted of a criminal offensive 

2, not injured 

3, are of an age that they still have a transfer value.

this is not right and sorry Mel, brings the reputation of the club into disrepute 

we are an honourable club, honour his contract 

I think we’re missing Keogh on the pitch, but as he can’t play for a year and half or so and will be about 34/35 by then I guess this makes great financial sense. Morally I don’t think it’s right to keep Bennett and Lawrence especially as the top pro and biggest grafter the club has had in years is the only one of the three to be sacked. 

Edited by Derbyram1983

2 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

My message was prefaced with ‘if’.  

Without sounding facetious, have you heard of compromise agreements? There are numerous occasions whereby companies will try to settle matters to ‘avoid’ the matter going further. This would also prevent any future claim. This again is something that the club, as any multi Million pound business would do.

Gross misconduct can cover gross negligence. The club has investigated the incident and allowed him to respond. We do not know if during this period the club appointed an external investigator, again which would (if my understanding is correct) provide some independency.

I am not sure of the basis of any unfair dismissal claim.

Has the reason he been given not the real one?  Well that’s an obvious yes. His role in the situation has lead to him not being able to perform his contract.

Is it unfair? Well no because of his role in this he cannot perform his contract. If he seeks to argue that it is unfair because of the responses to similar actions of other employees, well there are cases to show that does not necessarily matter. The significant difference is that he cannot perform his contract. Lawrence and Bennett can.

Sort of where I am.  Its the GM that shocks me.  Unless the club have completed a thorough investigation and the decision was made on more than a single event.  I wrote at the time that Mel would find it difficult seeing him everyday in physio realising he was paying big bucks for nothing.  The lack of public apology maybe reflecting a cocky attitude?  Tough but I for one won’t be launching a crowd funding effort to support him in his hour of need!  I am certainly sorry he has ended his career in this way but he clearly contributed to the problem

6 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Can't believe professional footballers who know the player intimately would be so arrogant as to post their views on the matter.  If I were their manager I would get them in today and tell them not to get involved in other people's business, focus on their own club and notwithstanding that... tell them if they acted as stupidly as Keogh they would also find themselves taking a long walk down a short pier.

Isn't Arter the player Roy Keane allegedly confronted for not getting himself off the treatment table? Maybe he sees the situation as kindred spirits, but it really is none of his business, and in effect he is kinda urging the club to sack Lawrence and Bennett which won't endear him to people.

I feel desperately sorry for Keogh. He's made an error of judgement getting drunk and getting into the car, yes. I can understand the clubs reasoning for doing this. However it doesn't sit well with me that the other 2 (who did commit a crime) were straight back into the first team, whilst Keogh has ultimately lost his job and probably his career. I don't really feel comfortable supporting them 2 on the pitch anymore. They are so so so very lucky they escaped unharmed and have really had a slap on the wrist in comparison to Keogh's double punishment.

I get the point Keogh can't do his job and his injury was not football related etc. But Keogh has been here 7 years and I can't remember once, him being out injured for more than a month, so in terms of wages lost over the years, he's probably been the best employee for that at the club. 

I genuinely hope he gets his career back on track as soon as possible. He'll certainly be missed at DCFC in my opinion....a lot more than the other 2 clowns will ever be.

21 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

So I will be at PP on Saturday and I aim to show my support  for Keogh. I’m really not happy with the club at the moment. 

he had a contract of employment, the salary is irrelevant, and DCFC have sacked him and kept two others on who were:

1, convicted of a criminal offensive 

2, not injured 

3, are of an age that they still have a transfer value.

this is not right and sorry Mel, brings the reputation of the club into disrepute 

we are an honourable club, honour his contract 

Why honor his contract when he's on 25k a week and won't kick a ball for the club again Its literally throwing money in the bin. He's had the opportunity to take a pay cut and embarrassed himself further by spitting in the face of the club. Its alright looking at the others but Mel has to look after the club.