Keogh Sacked

Nuwtfly

I've said this before but for me they'd all be down the road including Huddlestone.....this club needs a clear out ( how many times has this been said ) how sad this has happened and dragged our beloved football club through the mire....other fans of other clubs laughing....it questions if there is a lack of discipline at our club....this surely will be affecting players and staff around the club....do we need it ?? No!...Cocu must wonder just what the hell has he got involved in here, seems to be a mess....very sad times at the moment 

Did Shaun barker have a reduced contract?

thorne?

bryson?

forsyth?...

this feels wrong imo. I thought that we were better than this. It’s in your DNA we are Derby and all that seems just like marketing BS.

(I know it is, but at least try to make it seem real.)

Just now, RIMBAUD said:

thorne?

bryson?

forsyth?...

this feels wrong imo. I thought that we were better than this. It’s in your DNA we are Derby and all that seems just like marketing BS.

They were injured on the pitch. Not even the same thing. 

1 minute ago, RIMBAUD said:

thorne?

bryson?

forsyth?...

Those players were all injured in the performance of their duties.

Keogh was injured after getting pissed & into the car of a drink driver and not putting on a seatbelt.

Yes it's a sad end and I don't think the other two should get off so lightly BUT ... If he was offered a reduced wage, even at 50%, with pro rehab and treatment, he could have stayed at the club in some capacity and then said NO, well that's his fault and a stupid decision. If any company wants to pay me 10k a week so sit on my arse you can dm me to agree the contract today. 

9 hours ago, Turnstile said:

3 broke the law.He did not fasten his seat belt.

How do you know his seat belt wasnt fastened? I heard he did have it fastened but there was a load of sh** un the back of bennetts car so he had his legs over tge stuff thats why he got injured 

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Those players were all injured in the performance of their duties.

Keogh was injured after getting pissed & into the car of a drink driver and not putting on a seatbelt.

And not have an instinct as the leader, the senior pro, the ‘dad’ to realise the danger that was lurking.  Doesn’t take much to say right lads this has gone too far none of you lot are driving home get the pub to get some taxis

8 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

He has made himself unable to be selected by his decision in the terms of his contract that could be gross misconduct and there maybe other facts that we are not aware of . The other two have been fined the maximum by the club and dealt with by the courts. 

So got off lightly compared to keogh yet them 2 are the 2 who broke the law the most i agree with him being let go but tge other 2 should of gone as well! 

31 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Can't believe professional footballers who know the player intimately would be so arrogant as to post their views on the matter.  If I were their manager I would get them in today and tell them not to get involved in other people's business, focus on their own club and notwithstanding that... tell them if they acted as stupidly as Keogh they would also find themselves taking a long walk down a short pier.

Isn't Arter the player Roy Keane allegedly confronted for not getting himself off the treatment table? Maybe he sees the situation as kindred spirits, but it really is none of his business, and in effect he is kinda urging the club to sack Lawrence and Bennett which won't endear him to people.

Having an opinion on a topic isn't arrogant. It's not in the slightest bit unprofessional, as neither player is employed by DCFC.

Vast swathes of the football community are currently talking about this. If you seek to police who can and can't mention it based of whether you agree with their opinion, you're going to have a very busy day.

10 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Small point but it’s the responsibility of the driver to ensure everybody is wearing a seat belt ( if that rumour is correct)

No it isn’t. If you’re aged over 14 then it’s your responsibility to wear a seatbelt and you’re liable for not wearing it. Under 14 and it’s the drivers responsibility. 

5 minutes ago, Anon said:

Having an opinion on a topic isn't arrogant. It's not in the slightest bit unprofessional, as neither player is employed by DCFC.

Vast swathes of the football community are currently talking about this. If you seek to police who can and can't mention it based of whether you agree with their opinion, you're going to have a very busy day.

Having an opinion is one thing, knowing the player personally and having a high profile makes it different. If they really wish to express anything, say 'such a shame, great professional and servant to the club'.

Don't point fingers and say 'how have those other two got away with it'. If I were Lawrence or Bennett I would not be happy with them at all...or Keogh if he is party to his mate's lobbying for me to get sacked. 

7 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

These 4 seem happy to be sacked. Some things just happen. And Derby County are in the news again.

People are talking about us on the BBC, ITV, Sky Sports, Radio Stations, people who don't know anything about football or Derby County are flicking through their phones and commenting on Derby County again, the adults and the kids will be talking about it tomorrow in the work places and in the play grounds. It's a strange old world. From Maxwell to Richard Keogh and Wayne Rooney just around the corner. 

Derby County Football Club Lives On.

Love, Life & Unity. Good night.

image.jpg

Good point. Publicity and a raised media profile seems to be top of the agenda for many of our fans these days (witness the excitement of the attention generated through Lampard and Rooney).

Well we're in the news again, so that's got to be good.

4 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

So got off lightly compared to keogh yet them 2 are the 2 who broke the law the most i agree with him being let go but tge other 2 should of gone as well! 

The problem here is that who knows what else they found during the investigation. If there has been a long standing drinking culture at the club, who is responsible for that?

Lawrence and Bennett have accepted responsibility and all punishments internal and external. Has Keogh? I suspect the reduced contract to allow him all the support he needed was goodwill for his service over the years. He rejected that, what choice is there?

Only 6 or so weeks back, there were calls to sack the lot of them. Now one has gone there is the possibility he becomes some kind of martyr? 

14 minutes ago, Eddie Lewis said:

Yes it's a sad end and I don't think the other two should get off so lightly BUT ... If he was offered a reduced wage, even at 50%, with pro rehab and treatment, he could have stayed at the club in some capacity and then said NO, well that's his fault and a stupid decision. If any company wants to pay me 10k a week so sit on my arse you can dm me to agree the contract today. 

Agree, what gets me is , its all about the players nowadays...players can sign a contract yet demand a move the next day or run down there contract and go for no fee so they can get more wages as no transfer fee paid....all of this is all about the players and the club has to lose out every time....so why now should DCFC pay someone 25k a week to sit on there A*** and do nothing...i think the club should be commended for offering a lower wage deal but instead the club is to blame in some peoples eyes....

Keogh can't be short of a few bob and its a very sad way to end his career here but surely he could've taken a lesser wage therefore protecting the club from yet more negative publicity....this whole saga is really sad and such a shame for Keogh but he surely could've handled this better

Derby have been caught between a rock and a hard place.

Had Keogh got into his own car drunk, crashed and bust his knee I suspect that most football fans would applaud their decision to sack him for gross misconduct as they feel that rsh footballers think they can get away with anything.

Derby's problem is that the actions of Mount and Lawrence in the same incident makes it appear that their stance and action over Keogh is  motivated more by hard financial prudence that moral indignation.

Following on from Pride Park Gate it does not paint the club in the best moral light.

Just now, Bristol City said:

Derby have been caught between a rock and a hard place.

Had Keogh got into his own car drunk, crashed and bust his knee I suspect that most football fans would applaud their decision to sack him for gross misconduct as they feel that rsh footballers think they can get away with anything.

Derby's problem is that the actions of Mount and Lawrence in the same incident makes it appear that their stance and action over Keogh is  motivated more by hard financial prudence that moral indignation.

Following on from Pride Park Gate it does not paint the club in the best moral light.

You got nothing going on at your club to discuss with your fans aye?