Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Yes that makes perfect sense, that a multi million pound business would employ someone because they are bored and want some excitement ?

Makes more sense than your assertion that Chelsea would come in for a manager who finished 6th in the Championship for any other reason than the fact that he's a fan favourite.

17 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Mel is very good at keeping things under wraps until the last minute.

How many people knew we were signing Josefzoon before it happened? Who knew Mel purchased the stadium before the accounts were released? Who knew we had already extended the contract of Butterfield, Blackman and potentially Johnson?

He is, exactly what you’d hope for, rumours getting out can sometimes disrupt deals. No one knew about the stadium or the contract extensions. Josefzoon we did know for a while before we were interested in him mind.

Just feel something as major as this would be hard to keep under wraps.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He is, exactly what you’d hope for, rumours getting out can sometimes disrupt deals. No one knew about the stadium or the contract extensions. Josefzoon we did know for a while before we were interested in him mind.

Just feel something as major as this would be hard to keep under wraps.

Oh right, I didn't realise Jozefzoon was reported before we signed him...actually as I think about it, didn't we beat Leeds to his signature?

But yes, if Sheikh Sheikh Rattle n Roll from Abu Derby was taking over I'm sure we would know about it.

Although Girona being owned by rich Arabs and us all of a sudden hosting them in July, surely just coincidence?

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Oh right, I didn't realise Jozefzoon was reported before we signed him...actually as I think about it, didn't we beat Leeds to his signature?

But yes, if Sheikh Sheikh Rattle n Roll from Abu Derby was taking over I'm sure we would know about it.

Although Girona being owned by rich Arabs and us all of a sudden hosting them in July, surely just coincidence?

The same group that own Citeh so cant see that happening.

No Formal  approach yet but noises are being made.

Wolves Manager also in Frame but not happy about transfer ban so this may be scuppered

I am confident Frank will want to talk to Chelsea so we will see Chelsea are very confident they will get there man.

Money talks offering big wages it would seem

Perhaps the press will now get excited about the prospect of FL v SG at Rangers, and stop putting a carrot in front off FL for the Chelsea job. As we all know, they do anything to sell a storey, and don't give a poo who it effects 

10 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

No Formal  approach yet but noises are being made.

Wolves Manager also in Frame but not happy about transfer ban so this may be scuppered

I am confident Frank will want to talk to Chelsea so we will see Chelsea are very confident they will get there man.

Money talks offering big wages it would seem

My favourite thing is people pretending to be ITK and slowly backtracking once real journalists release information. 

4 mil being touted as the compo figure from Chelsea. This is less than I had expected. ... Unless there's more for Jodi Morris on top. I'd have thought that Lampard was a far, far more saleable commodity to Chelsea than Rowett to Stoke.

42 minutes ago, cosmic said:

So you're in the Mac3, Mac4, but not Mac5 camp?

Haha deffo not 

I want a young up and coming manager that has played at a high level... Oh like lampard 

What I'm saying is I wouldn't rule someone like John Terry out just because of his past indiscretions he is hopefully older and wiser. 

2 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

4 mil being touted as the compo figure from Chelsea. This is less than I had expected. ... Unless there's more for Jodi Morris on top. I'd have thought that Lampard was a far, far more saleable commodity to Chelsea than Rowett to Stoke.

Twice as saleable

Archived