Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

With Chelsea thumped again you would have to think the pressure is intensifying on Sarri.

Should he lose his job will the Chelsea Board be considering Frank as his replacement? Surely too soon for Frank but then again look how well Solksjaer is doing at Utd, admitting he is less of a rookie.

I hope Uncle Mel has negotiated a decent release fee for Frank....

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

With Chelsea thumped again you would have to think the pressure is intensifying on Sarri.

Should he lose his job will the Chelsea Board be considering Frank as his replacement? Surely too soon for Frank but then again look how well Solksjaer is doing at Utd, admitting he is less of a rookie.

Can’t see It personally, think they will go dowin the established route again. 

Knowing how trigger happy Abramovich is wouldn't surprise me if they didn't sack him after this and appoint someone with the goal of getting back in the top 4 this season.

I would be amazed if they felt Frank was the man to do that.

If they wait until the summer then I would say yes there is a good chance it could happen.

Sarri will be sacked after that no doubt, but Lampard won’t be on their radar. Ain’t at the level yet to be under consideration. Can see someone like Eddie Howe or someone from abroad getting the job. Dunno who’s I’m charge of Sevilla but they’re doing decent, that could be a shout. Won’t be frank though, not only not proven yet but hasn’t really shown anything in charge of us to suggest he’s gonna be that good a manager as of yet.

Well have a decent release fee I’m sure mind, if abramovich did decide to go left field.

I might create a canned response for this, every time Chelsea go on a bad run of form.....is Lampard off?

Kinda thing you expect to fill the tabloid gossip columns and Skybet let’s chuck a load of names out then slap odds on, not something we should be worried about, especially 7 months after giving him his first chance in management. 

36 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

So Abramovich is going to sack Sarri and replace him with a manager with a a total of 6 months managing a Championship team.

Are you having a boring Sunday

Would go against everything Roman has done before if he went to appoint frank. Id imagine he’ll go for experiance again

Also if for some reason he did approach frank. Im not sure he’s daft enough to go at this stage in his career. Its not the club for a young untested manager. They don’t give proven guys enough time. 

Frank wouldn't go there anyway, at this stage (not that they'd offer it him yet).

He ain't stupid.  He knows full well he ain't experienced/skilled enough, and he knows full well the job is his... at a time of his choosing (give or take 12 months or so).

He may not be with us for the next 5 years, but I can't see him going to Chelsea in that time either.  When (not if) he does finally go there, he's gonna be going with a view to becoming their best ever manager.  He knows that won't happen if he goes now.

Anything is possible in football so don't be too hasty to rule it out. Personally I doubt it will happen but it will one day. Such is my man crush on him, that day will be a sad day. It will rate up there with the day we sold Mark Wright and Dean Saunders to Liverpool. I'm not ashamed to say I shed a tear or two that day.

I can't believe Sarri survived the Bournemouth game. Yeah he'll definitely be sacked.

But nah - Chelsea will bring in an interim and in the summer assemble a Lampard/Morris/Terry dream team and start a revolution. But Frank will have got us up and got us to Wembley by then.

Archived