Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He didn’t appoint Lampard as a favour to Harry. He appointed him because he thought it was best for Derby.

So who rang Mel to put Lampard's name forward for the managers job then?

“When I rang Mel Morris when the job became available, I told Mel what he would get if he took Frank and, I have to be honest, he took a bit of convincing at the time."

I'd say Morris did Harry a pretty big favour by taking his advice (Harry has zero affinity to this club bar a 2 month spell as adviser to Wassall) by granting his wish to interview FL when he wasn't overly keen on the idea. Sure he got the job, but still... WTF as Harry Redknapp got to have his input into the club for? He's now sounding FL out for the Chelsea job, hypocrite.

Just now, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I've got Sky Sports on now and I can't see it. They've not announced Sarri has left yet ?

Just done a big feature on it,Sarri deal done but not going back till replacement found.

5 million compensation,approached Derby for permission to speak to Frank,

4 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Just done a big feature on it,Sarri deal done but not going back till replacement found.

I tuned in and didn't see that either, to be fair.

Just Steve Gibson whining about FFP!

6 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

You sure you heard right? An actual approach would be breaking news, on the yellow banner and all over Twitter, but nothing. Yellow banner is full of cricket news and not a word on Twitter?

8 minutes ago, Papahet said:

So who rang Mel to put Lampard's name forward for the managers job then?

“When I rang Mel Morris when the job became available, I told Mel what he would get if he took Frank and, I have to be honest, he took a bit of convincing at the time."

I'd say Morris did Harry a pretty big favour by taking his advice (Harry has zero affinity to this club bar a 2 month spell as adviser to Wassall) by granting his wish to interview FL when he wasn't overly keen on the idea. Sure he got the job, but still... WTF as Harry Redknapp got to have his input into the club for? He's now sounding FL out for the Chelsea job, hypocrite.

He was recommended, yes. But that doesn’t make his appointment a favour to Redknapp. Once again, the sole reason he appointed Lampard was because he thought it would be the best move for te club. If you think otherwise then surely you must dislike Mel for treating Derby as an old boys’ club?

2 minutes ago, David said:

You sure you heard right? An actual approach would be breaking news, on the yellow banner and all over Twitter, but nothing. Yellow banner is full, of cricket news and not a word on Twitter?

I’ll see if I can support my claims with evidence.

On SSN now,Derby adamant no approach made.

Just now, coneheadjohn said:

I’ll see if I can support my claims with evidence.

Well they have just started talking about it now and said that Derby are adamant no approach has been made by Chelsea

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

Don't do it Frank!

These comparisons are super silly though because they imply that without hazard, nobody would have come into the team and scored any goals or recoded any assists at all 

They wouldn't have been playing with 10 if hazard wasn't there 

Archived