Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Percy time...

Derby are understood to be relaxed about the situation and are still planning for pr­e-season with Lampard in charge, after he guided the club to the play-off final in his first campaign.

Since that defeat to Aston Villa at Wembley last month, Lampard has held a number of meetings with chairman Mel Morris and chief executive Stephen Pearce over squad additions and contract extensions for players. The latest meeting was in London on Thursday.

It is also believed that Morris is in talks with a few parties over potential investment into the club, which will allow Lampard more room to manoeuvre in the transfer market if he stays.

However, Derby are also aware that Lampard may find a return to Chelsea difficult to turn down if any formal approach does materialise. Derby are yet to receive any contact from Chelsea.

See I'm still of the opinion that Lampard won't turn down a formal approach based on any notion of "loyalty" to us, but I still maintain there's a good chance that he turns it down at this juncture due to not feeling himself ready for that role.

And with a formal approach now apparently imminent, I don't see how we'd be relaxed about the situation unless that aspect has been discussed during Lampards meetings with Morris and Pearce.

However, if I'm wrong, I obviously join in the ranks of people who would not consider begrudging Lamps that opportunity and wish him all the best.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Yes it is today's date but it's saying precisely the same as they did yesterday, the day before, last week and last month.

People will have a go at the messenger if the message is the same every day. i.e: pure speculation and no proof of anything.

Give it a rest, man. The media might be regurgitating the same tosh every day but there's no reason for you to do the same.

gato GIF

Ok thanks for the advice. 

On Lampard I would have liked him to stay as he has done a good job at Derby and as you know I was a bit sceptical   about his appointment at the time thinking it would be like the Lampard circus but he proved all that wrong. 

I only ever saw Lampard as a short term appointment at Derby 

I thought Rowett would be good for Derby but Derby fans in the majority didn’t because he sold Will Hughes and his football was boring they said even though I loved watching Vydra. 

What do I know after watching Football for 50 odd years probably nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Melbourne-Ram90 said:

Didn't really want to comment on here but I just had a little look on sky bet odds Lampards odds are coming down 1/14 on now (my guess Chelsea fans have gone wild and sky bet a taking the money of them quite nicely) Jose Mournihio is now down to 12/1.... This might not age well but we will see

Check their payroll system. He’s not their anymore.

sicky denial phase in full swing

Frank's coming home. This is what Chelsea should be about... heroes, belief, love & daring to dream. What a time to be alive.

The boys are grown and matured now,will be nice to have you all back

You know it’s happening when John reports it. Frank

Here is the fat lady

This is what you "understand", what about that which you comprehend not...like erm Lampard leaving DCFC for CFC

Say that without crying

Chelsea: "We giveth and we taketh"

Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard: "This is his moment, it may never come back, he's ready, he knows the game, he's a very smart guy, he has the determination to succeed, nothing will stop him. He is very determined and will work day and night to achieve this.” #CFC

Think were about done and dusted . What a delightful bunch of fans Chelsea have .

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Check their payroll system. He’s not their anymore.

sicky denial phase in full swing

Frank's coming home. This is what Chelsea should be about... heroes, belief, love & daring to dream. What a time to be alive.

The boys are grown and matured now,will be nice to have you all back

You know it’s happening when John reports it. Frank

Here is the fat lady

This is what you "understand", what about that which you comprehend not...like erm Lampard leaving DCFC for CFC

Say that without crying

Chelsea: "We giveth and we taketh"

Harry Redknapp on Frank Lampard: "This is his moment, it may never come back, he's ready, he knows the game, he's a very smart guy, he has the determination to succeed, nothing will stop him. He is very determined and will work day and night to achieve this.” #CFC

Think were about done and dusted . What a delightful bunch of fans Chelsea have .

What the duck is that post?!

12 minutes ago, TomG said:

Three key players have gone back to their parent clubs, some other players need to be moved on and some new players are needed to be brought in, we have 7 weeks left until the season starts, we need to know, one way or the other WTF is going on!  Either the club or even Frank Lampard himself needs to clarify this situation, we the fans don't deserve this uncertainty....AGAIN!

stressed the big bang theory GIF

1 minute ago, ramsbottom said:

I'm guessing they're a number of posts from a Chelsea forum...

You could be right but "Check their payroll system he's not there any more" ??? ? 

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

just a few bits of the Chelsea twitter .  They are very animated since Percy got involved .  A lot of that is replies to the Telegraph saying no approach has been made .

Ah thanks for clearing it up. It was like one of curtains old rambling posts ? 

Lot's of interesting bits in that first bit of proper journalism by Percy in the Telegraph:

• Derby are relaxed about the situation
  • Mel and Lampard last met on Thursday
  • Mel is still actively on the hunt for investment
  • We wrote some nice little compensation clauses in Frank's contract - more money if UCL teams come poaching.
  • We'd probably get around £4m to invest elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

Lot's of interesting bits in that first bit of proper journalism by Percy in the Telegraph:

• Derby are relaxed about the situation
  • Mel and Lampard last met on Thursday
  • Mel is still actively on the hunt for investment
  • We wrote some nice little compensation clauses in Frank's contract - more money if UCL teams come poaching.
  • We'd probably get around £4m to invest elsewhere. 

I created a thread last night which didn't make it on here, but I had seen on a random Instagram account yesterday it said talks were taking place with a consortium and that something could happen within 7 days.

Maybe Mel and co were meeting them in London?

Archived