Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

2 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Lot's of interesting bits in that first bit of proper journalism by Percy in the Telegraph:

• Derby are relaxed about the situation
  • Mel and Lampard last met on Thursday
  • Mel is still actively on the hunt for investment
  • We wrote some nice little compensation clauses in Frank's contract - more money if UCL teams come poaching.
  • We'd probably get around £4m to invest elsewhere.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Incredible reference ? 

Now I need to watch that movie during working hours. 

19 hours ago, Papahet said:

Morris could have took a easy route and appointed someone with experience, but he instead went for Frank Lampard - someone with absolutely none whatsoever, not even at academy level. 

I'd say he owes it to Morris and the club for having faith in him, but whats commitment nowadays eh? Mcclaren and Rowett supposedly loved the club and couldn't wait to jump ship the second another club came calling.

I hate this cliched argument. Mel Morris appointed Frank Lampard because he thought it would be in the best interests of Derby County. Not out of philanthropy.

58 minutes ago, SuperFrankieLampard said:

John Terry to take over. Logical choice. Background information from Frank and Jody, and now has a promotion on his CV.

Was looking at taking over at Boro, so must be looking for a suitable opportunity.

Still got his Chelsea kit, hardly used, 1 trophy celebration only, to wear on the touchline ?

Come on lads - you know it makes sense..........JT is probably slightly more Chelsea through and through than Frank isn't he?

7 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I hate this cliched argument. Mel Morris appointed Frank Lampard because he thought it would be in the best interests of Derby County. Not out of philanthropy.

To be fair I see absolutely no point in second guessing Mel's motive or motives in appointing Lampard. The only person who can answer that is Mel himself.

9 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Working hours??? Nobody on this forum works - you're in the wrong place. 

Unless Derby are playing, I'm only active on this forum while I'm working ? 

Far too busy when I'm at home.

Management has its perks. 

28 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He wasn't even in consideration for the job until uncle Harry came toddling along and put Franks name forward  ?

Didn't see many clubs queuing for him last Summer, bar Ipswich. Not a bad first job to have really is it? Off the back of a top six finish under Rowett, walks in with zero managerial experience (at any level). 

3 minutes ago, Papahet said:

He wasn't even in consideration for the job until uncle Harry came toddling along and put Franks name forward  ?

Didn't see many clubs queuing for him last Summer, bar Ipswich. Not a bad first job to have really is it? Off the back of a top six finish under Rowett, walks in with zero managerial experience (at any level). 

He didn’t appoint Lampard as a favour to Harry. He appointed him because he thought it was best for Derby.

38 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

If that was Mel's objective he'd have put the Irish Tinker from that boyband in charge.  Yes we'd have been crap but we would've made £20m from tweens buying up all the merchandise...

Archived