Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

2 minutes ago, JfR said:

Matt Law's credited with that, isn't he? Unless I'm missing something.

It would make more sense, the sources in the article are all from Chelsea which isn’t in Percy’s realm considering he’s a midlands correspondent 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JfR said:

Matt Law's credited with that, isn't he? Unless I'm missing something.

That's weird - it said by John Percy when published. Now it says Matt Law.

Either way, the content is the same. Telegraph are normally pretty good. 

56 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Oh right, I didn't realise Jozefzoon was reported before we signed him...actually as I think about it, didn't we beat Leeds to his signature?

But yes, if Sheikh Sheikh Rattle n Roll from Abu Derby was taking over I'm sure we would know about it.

Although Girona being owned by rich Arabs and us all of a sudden hosting them in July, surely just coincidence?

Yeah we did, bit of a weird transfer chase that. You may be thinking of malone- he was out of the blue.

Girona are owned by sheikh mansour so there won’t be any link there 

this thread is going like a train - George Thorne........that one wasn't as quick as this...,.

its all very nice of the BBC, sky et al  - to work our compensation out already for us - very kind - £4m you know?

How kind of them, seeming as though no f&cker has rung our chairman up yet.......

25 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

told you yesterday that sari deal would be agreed and Frank was going not coming back to Derby

Mine was the truth journalists was not i said no formal approach yet but there will be imminent

Papers said Frank had spoken to Chelsea

Transfer embargo may still be a problem but rest assured Frank is going and Derby are already looking and have a shortlist.

And your source is?

Bookies quoting 1/20 seems to indicate its going to happen....what I do find strange though is two deals being sanctioned this week in Delap and Thomas...if Frank was going wouldn’t Mel have waited until new man knows who he wants and who he doesn’t ? Perhaps I’m grasping at straws....

Actually think Jody will be missed just as much as Frank tbh and the youngsters seem to have flourished and can’t be any coincidence that Jody was good with the youth  at Chelsea 

10 minutes ago, Saity said:

Bookies quoting 1/20 seems to indicate its going to happen....what I do find strange though is two deals being sanctioned this week in Delap and Thomas...if Frank was going wouldn’t Mel have waited until new man knows who he wants and who he doesn’t ? Perhaps I’m grasping at straws....

Actually think Jody will be missed just as much as Frank tbh and the youngsters seem to have flourished and can’t be any coincidence that Jody was good with the youth  at Chelsea 

Bookies quoting 1/20 means nothing more than people have bet heavily on it. 

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Bookies quoting 1/20 means nothing more than people have bet heavily on it. 

I know but they don’t usually get it wrong when it’s 1/20 and the next manager is 12/1

the odds usually go mad like that when someone or a lot of people have put big money on it ...not 10 or 20 quid ...and when someone starts lumping big money on it’s because someone usually knows something ...Lampard odds of coming to us started at something like 16/1 and ended up at odds on and something not too dissimilar to what’s being quoted now ...fingers crossed but not hopeful 

Looks to be definitely happening then. We knew for a few days it was likely but it looks like we’ll be starting the season with another manager. Let’s not jump the gun and start looking at replacements before the approach comes in mind- tho we want a swift appointment as is possible when that happens. He’s looking likely to be offered the job and he’ll definitely take it so we need to be ready if he is and get his replacement right. Need someone with the right philosophy.

Be interesting to see how much they expect out of Lampard in his first season, he’ll have a tough job and I wonder whether yeh board will be lenient. Cynic In me says if they’re hoping players won’t be frozen out they may be in for a shock after Marriott and Johnson this season. If they’re hoping him and Cech can rival the likes of Klopp and poch they’re deluded as well, these are world class coaches- Lampard isn’t yet. Looks likely he might lose Alonso and not be able to keep higuain too- with no transfers they could be hard to replace. Perhaps Lampard will be afforded more time due to his greater popularity vs Sarri- he’ll need it. 

Looks like they’re going to take all his coaches and not just Jody so should be some more compo there, tho no mention of given so dunno what we’ll do with him. Poor zola looks to be getting a relegation, mind surprised he ever got any job again after the brum debacle?

22 minutes ago, Saity said:

I know but they don’t usually get it wrong when it’s 1/20 and the next manager is 12/1

the odds usually go mad like that when someone or a lot of people have put big money on it ...not 10 or 20 quid ...and when someone starts lumping big money on it’s because someone usually knows something ...Lampard odds of coming to us started at something like 16/1 and ended up at odds on and something not too dissimilar to what’s being quoted now ...fingers crossed but not hopeful 

I think arteta was 1 to 8 on to be arsenal manager last season and look how they ended up. The betting market doesn’t lead, it follows where it smells blood. At the moment all the talk is lampard so people aren’t bothering to bet much elsewhere. 

Archived