Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Ties in with the telegraph article but I’m not convinced by that account. Seems made up to me. If anything was that close we’d have heard more about it. Too many unknowns in their report as well for it to be trustworthy.

I think they're just taking what Percy has said, added some time frame on it and a click bait takeover tag to it and gone with it. They have no sources at all.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Srg said:

I think they're just taking what Percy has said, added some time frame on it and a click bait takeover tag to it and gone with it. They have no sources at all.

In all fairness they posted it before that article was published... but yes think it’s just another chancer. There’s really no info in it at all

3 hours ago, SuperFrankieLampard said:

John Terry to take over. Logical choice. Background information from Frank and Jody, and now has a promotion on his CV.

Was looking at taking over at Boro, so must be looking for a suitable opportunity.

?. Wouldn't want Terry, just based on the fact he's an awful human being. Hard pass.

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Ties in with the telegraph article but I’m not convinced by that account. Seems made up to me. If anything was that close we’d have heard more about it. Too many unknowns in their report as well for it to be trustworthy.

Not saying that post about investment is correct, but i dont see why the fans (or that random twitter account) would know anything about it in advance if it was going to happen. Unless Mel or the consortium members blabbed to the press we would know very little about it. All we know is that Mel has been seeking investment and there were several interested parties of whom we know the identities of precisely zero.

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

Not saying that post about investment is correct, but i dont see why the fans (or that random twitter account) would know anything about it in advance if it was going to happen. Unless Mel or the consortium members blabbed to the press we would know very little about it. All we know is that Mel has been seeking investment and there were several interested parties of whom we know the identities of precisely zero.

You normally here if there’s been an official takeover bid. Talks not normally, but an official bid almost certainly. Don’t know the ins and outs of it but that seems to generally be the case. Certainly wouldn’t get to a random twitter account first tho, not something that big.

As you say, we don’t know the identities of any potential investors and it’s just talks atm, so doubt anything is particularly far along. Certainly not announcement next week far along.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

You normally here if there’s been an official takeover bid. Talks not normally, but an official bid almost certainly. Don’t know the ins and outs of it but that seems to generally be the case. Certainly wouldn’t get to a random twitter account first tho, not something that big.

As you say, we don’t know the identities of any potential investors and it’s just talks atm, so doubt anything is particularly far along. Certainly not announcement next week far along.

Mel is very good at keeping things under wraps until the last minute.

How many people knew we were signing Josefzoon before it happened? Who knew Mel purchased the stadium before the accounts were released? Who knew we had already extended the contract of Butterfield, Blackman and potentially Johnson?

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

?. Wouldn't want Terry, just based on the fact he's an awful human being. Hard pass.

What do you know about Terry as a person.  Its well documented that he's made mistakes but I'm not sure you can label him an awful human being. 

Look at jody Morris history and everybody loves him now!!! 

Same with Cole. 

Give people a 2nd chance or 3rd or 4th.... Not 5th 

Come on you rams!!! 

9 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Hard to see how a takeover/buyout that is supposedly 7 or less days away could be kept 100% secret. They'd have to at the very least have informed the EFL for the fit and proper person's test right? Finer details could be kept secret - but not the fact that something is happening

1 minute ago, StivePesley said:

Hard to see how a takeover/buyout that is supposedly 7 or less days away could be kept 100% secret. They'd have to at the very least have informed the EFL for the fit and proper person's test right? Finer details could be kept secret - but not the fact that something is happening

Not a chance something will happen short term, but if Percy is reporting that extra funds could be made available to Frank, something must be at an advanced stage.

4 minutes ago, PastRAMi said:

What do you know about Terry as a person.  Its well documented that he's made mistakes but I'm not sure you can label him an awful human being. 

Same with Cole. 

Come on you rams!!! 

Sleeping with your team mates wife and allegedly being racist, doesn't exactly scream good character does it. 

5 minutes ago, PastRAMi said:

Same with Cole. 

Come on you rams!!! 

So you're in the Mac3, Mac4, but not Mac5 camp?

29 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Because people don't do enough thinking before following and/or sharing the dross they see on twitter?

You should see some of the dross on twitter using #dcfc tag. People are panicking like crazy 

Archived