Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

I'd have thought more than twice, given the Chelsea/Lampard love in and the cash / assets that Chelsea have at their disposal. Maybe the cash plus friendles with the cash to us, plus a couple of starlets on free loan... something better than x2 Rowett in my opinion.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Lampard will stay.

Majority of Fans - Loyalty and Passion

Players - Passion and it’s a Job

Managers - it’s a Job and  it’s a Business

Chairman - It’s a Business (and business is passion ) 

So-

Most Fans would be awful at making decisions in high pressure situations- hence the panic and twitter scraping  

Players want to get paid well and do what they love before their bodies give out

Managers love the challenge of out foxing, and being smarter then the rest

Chairman want the best business outcome(some times that aligns with team goals/success/passion/etc.)

My Point?

Everyone involved with this Lampard craziness are doing their respective jobs perfectly; Unless Frank takes the Chelsea job.

Folks on here are talking about how -of course he goes if Chelsea want him. From my perspective; it’s the most toxic job to take right now, and Frank will struggle to succeed(by Chelsea fan/board standards). If Frank is thinking about this long term...he wouldn’t touch the current Chelsea job. 

If he doesn’t compete on all fronts (Champions/FA/Premier) the board have to sack him and move on. That would be crushing to Frank/Fans/etc. the job will be there again...why rush it? 

I forget who said it on here- but I agree. No way Chelsea take an off year and let youth take over the squad. That would be far too risky to lose that much potential money(Champions league/premier league payouts)

All will unfold soon enough. 

COYR!

told you yesterday that sari deal would be agreed and Frank was going not coming back to Derby

Mine was the truth journalists was not i said no formal approach yet but there will be imminent

Papers said Frank had spoken to Chelsea

Transfer embargo may still be a problem but rest assured Frank is going and Derby are already looking and have a shortlist.

19 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

Sky now say we demanding £4 million compo should be more plus Tomori

There's only 2 ways I can see us seeing Tomori in a Derby shirt next season.

1) Frank stays

2) Either, Jody Morris stays or John Terry comes in and Frank does us a favour.

Now, if we play hard ball and stick our heels in with Chelsea over frank then I can't see them being too keen to do any business with us at all.

3 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

told you yesterday that sari deal would be agreed and Frank was going not coming back to Derby

Mine was the truth journalists was not i said no formal approach yet but there will be imminent

Papers said Frank had spoken to Chelsea

Transfer embargo may still be a problem but rest assured Frank is going and Derby are already looking and have a shortlist.

Have you even read the only truthful article from John Percy today? Contradicting yourself!

New article from Percy.

"Derby County are resigning themselves to losing Lampard, with thoughts already turning to who his replacement might be and sources close to Chelsea believe the appointment of the 40-year-old is now inevitable."

Just a brief talksport update but maybe an interesting note is that the wording has changed from ‘Lampard is expected to go’ to ‘Lampard is the hotly tipped favourite’ 

I know it’s not a massive difference but it does suggest that journalists aren’t quite sure it’s the dead certainty they once did. 

*WORST TIME TO POST THIS AFTER THE JOHN PERCY UPDATE*

19 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

4 mil being touted as the compo figure from Chelsea. This is less than I had expected. ... Unless there's more for Jodi Morris on top. I'd have thought that Lampard was a far, far more saleable commodity to Chelsea than Rowett to Stoke.

What do you do for a day job, when you are not doing your part-time football agent, pundit and clairvoyancy work?

14 minutes ago, DCFC Ram said:

I'd have thought more than twice, given the Chelsea/Lampard love in and the cash / assets that Chelsea have at their disposal. Maybe the cash plus friendles with the cash to us, plus a couple of starlets on free loan... something better than x2 Rowett in my opinion.

If Frank was to go to Chelski, we may be able to get a few loans in for free anyway as a gesture of goodwill...

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

New article from Percy.

"Derby County are resigning themselves to losing Lampard, with thoughts already turning to who his replacement might be and sources close to Chelsea believe the appointment of the 40-year-old is now inevitable."

Percy is very rarely wrong about these things is he?

Just now, G-Ram said:

If frank goes what are the odds we offer jody the job? If we want him? Go to chelsea as number two or stay & be a number one in your own right. That has to be tempting 

Why does everyone keep suggesting this? Jody is never going stay if Frank goes.   

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

New article from Percy.

Matt Law's credited with that, isn't he? Unless I'm missing something.

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

New article from Percy.

If you click on the link "Derby are resigning themselves" it takes you back to Percy's article earlier today about us being relaxed about the situation.

Archived