Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

duck me sarris not even gone yet has he? Taking bloody forever, better be a lot quicker deciding on their new manager than this. Keep looking and barely anything news happening. As an aside mind, if anyone thinks Jody would stay on to replace frank they’re deluded- if he goes, his whole coaching staff goes too, simple as. I’m sure we’re well prepared for this happening should it happen mind, and all that compensation Should enable us to bring in decent replacements in all departments. Just have to let them go, it’s such a big opportunity that may never come again- even if he’s not ready yet in our eyes, there’s no way Lampards gonna turn that chance down IF he gets it imo. Still personally think paying more for Espírito Santo or Gracia would be a better call, but in their transfer situation I guess they’re a bit desperate- especially with allegri taking a year holiday. Probably won’t see Tompori or Mount again if Lampard goes to Chelsea just to hit us even harder mind as he’ll probably want to use them, so not much chance of a return here.

Incredibly tough role for frank to take on this mind if he does go- could do well and boost his rep even more if he makes Europe in difficult circumstances. But equally he could fail without hazard, pull a David moyes, and finish 10th and ruin his rep somewhat. Big risk, but one he has to take.

Telegraph saying we’re relaxed about the situation may be a slight overstatement mind, losing your manager and sourcing a replacement is never easy. Good to see we’re still continuing as normal preparing transfer etc and pre season for the new season as if Lampard will remain in charge- until that official approach that’s exactly what we should do. Then even if lmaoard leave the wheels are in motion for the new season. Only once Lampard is approached do we need to come up with a shortlist of replacements. Interesting to see the new investment idea is still on, I thought that that may have died away. Good we’ll get more funds, but could be more changes than just coaching staff yet.

I find the wording of a lot of the statements, especially from Sky, really confusing.

Juve won't confirm their new manager until Chelsea have their new manager in place, but Sarri's official departure to Juventus will trigger Chelsea's approach...

j alexander wtf GIF

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Us being relaxed about it either means it's not happening because Chelsea have someone else in mind, or, we know what we're doing if it does.

My guess would be the latter...

Just seen the sky report... don’t like the way Chelsea go about their business. Always trying to cover their own back. Shouldn’t be approaching any manager until there’s a vacancy, not the way to go about business. They should let sarri go to juve, have that one done, then start looking at interviews etc. Not the other way around. I think it’s fairly inevitable Chelsea were come in but I still feel they have to be wary about appointing ex players... just cause they know the club doesn’t mean they’ll be the best man for the job. Experience matters in this game and he has very little. Mind it’ll at least get their fans onside, they really didn’t like sarri.

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Us being relaxed about it either means it's not happening because Chelsea have someone else in mind, or, we know what we're doing if it does.

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

My guess would be the latter...

Thing is though, the sentence isn't just "Derby are relaxed" its:

"Derby are understood to be relaxed about the situation and are still planning for pr­e-season with Lampard in charge."

That has different implications to me. That reads like we're not expecting them to come in for him/him to go.

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I find the wording of a lot of the statements, especially from Sky, really confusing.

Juve won't confirm their new manager until Chelsea have their new manager in place, but Sarri's official departure to Juventus will trigger Chelsea's approach...

j alexander wtf GIF

In the space of 30 minutes their wording changed from,

asked permission to make an approach to

Being their preferred option.

The account on Instagram that mentions investment is efl.latest 

I’ve no idea whatsoever if it’s correct. But it ties in with the Telegraph article about bringing in investment to support Frank in the transfer market 

Like it not - anyone who thinks Frank hasn't already had loose discussions about this is crazy. he spent two weeks holidaying on Romans yatch with him a couple of years back and they keep in touch so right now both Frank and Rom will know if he is going and I am 100% sure Mel will know the score as well.

But they are not going to be saying stuff to the media either way till everything is in place IMO

Like there rest of you I cling to the hope that maybe those discussions haven't convinced Frank to go but think the whole story would have been put to bed by now if that was the case.

Really enjoyed last season, one of my favourite ever for all the memorable nights etc and love the atmosphere Frank has created around the club but less convinced than others we would push on with him in charge next season as in some ways the job is even harder than last year. 

2 minutes ago, rsmini said:

The account on Instagram that mentions investment is elf.latest 

I’ve no idea whatsoever if it’s correct. But it ties in with the Telegraph article about bringing in investment to support Frank in the transfer market 

Its possibly quite an important factor in Frank's thinking.........yes, we all know he will expect to manage chelsea someday, but if theres greater investment available now at Derby, he might just see staying to complete his education with a higher likelihood of some success as being attractive

24 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Admit it..........you're just hoping for a bit of Hants' sharp humour and tadpole-like wriggling (the second thing is a name i picked up on another thread from @David....?)

i admit it, wriggling poles are my weakness, be they tad or great, i am not choosy.

But yeah, mainly i stick around for the sharp humour

7 minutes ago, rsmini said:

The account on Instagram that mentions investment is efl.latest 

How do these bullsh** accounts get so many followers???  

Archived