Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 08/07/2019 at 09:31, David said:

If I wanted just entertainment I would go to the cinema and watch a film, or a gig. I wouldn’t put myself in a position where I’m demanding entertainment from a football team that’s focus is on winning.

I disagree, but only slightly - You go to watch football for the entertainment of it

However, I think the point is that winning is part of the entertainment - Part of the joy inherently comes from winning - Playing well and losing is fine for a game or two but a whole season of it would lose it's entertainment value

On 08/07/2019 at 10:25, Alpha said:

Points aren't secondary at all. They're just as important. When I pay money to watch games I hope to have a decent balance. Good football and losing is no good, boring football and winning is no good either. I want good football and winning. I accept the level of the club and that it's not possible but I do expect to see it tried. 

I nearly gave up going to the games under Rowett - I travel up from London for every home game so it costs me an amazing holiday (or 3 good ones) every year and it just didn't seem worth it any more

I think overall this is how it boils down for me - Average number of goals a game in the whole of football is about 1.2 per game - I feel great about a goal we score for about 30 seconds - And get a little 5 minute buzz at the end of the game when we win (more if it's a late winner) - On average that means in a poor win I get 6-7 minutes of joy - If we're playing good football I enjoy the bits in between the goals too - And that's what I want

1 hour ago, Grumpy Git said:

Lets say we have played 89 minutes of absolute Barca-esque footie, but by chance have only manged to get a 1-0 lead, (goalie having a worldie, etc.).

Oppo punts the ball up our end and they grab a 90th minute equaliser - game ends 1-1.

Not one person after the game will talk about our passing.

If we spent 89 minutes attacking and one minute picking the ball out of our own net (1-1) you will enjoy more than if we spent 89 minutes defending our box and one mnutes breaking away to score (1-1).

i would suggest. 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

e6b05d84aa03333b6935b6076aa7dfcf.gif

Oh!  Why did that train of thought not even enter my head, as I wrote my post!  It never even dawned on me!

I'm all for a bit of smut, but even as I wrote my post, any hint of smuttiness went completely over my head!  I hope to God this was just a blip, and doesn't signify that I'm finally growing up!  LOL!

Lampard really has is work cut out if he thinks Tomori and Mount are anywhere near ready enough for the premiership.

Again he will be let down by tactics  Abraham centre forward again not ready main striker will be Giroud .

Chelsea to finish out of top 6 in Frank we trust he won't let anyone down he already has is excuses

On 08/07/2019 at 10:25, Alpha said:

You just have to remember that some days you'll lose whatever style. You can't win all the time and you can't play pretty all the time. But I hope to see Derby try to do both whenever they can.

This is me Alpha.

Going for late goals with tenacity, Mason Bennets worldie against Reading had me falling over seats in the South Stand like we'd won the league. Jack Marriotts winner v Sheff Utd at home, tough games where we didn't play like Barca but we did keep attacking and going for it....give me Frank's mindset over Gary's everyday.

Would rather have Cocu but I thought that Frank changed Derby County and made Cocu possible.Thanks Frank. Frank is now under the microscope and will get big criticism at times regardless of what he does. I want you to succeed Frank but expectations are out of your control. Third at best with Spurs and Arsenal battling strongly. Even with 300 million pound budget it is a tall order to win the.league this year or next.

2 hours ago, Richard246 said:

Lampard really has is work cut out if he thinks Tomori and Mount are anywhere near ready enough for the premiership.

Again he will be let down by tactics  Abraham centre forward again not ready main striker will be Giroud .

Chelsea to finish out of top 6 in Frank we trust he won't let anyone down he already has is excuses

Mount will be good enough with better players around him, players like him and Will Hughes can play in any good footballing side because they have an ability to read the game , bring others into play and a god given gift with the ball at their feet.

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Oh!  Why did that train of thought not even enter my head, as I wrote my post!  It never even dawned on me!

I'm all for a bit of smut, but even as I wrote my post, any hint of smuttiness went completely over my head!  I hope to God this was just a blip, and doesn't signify that I'm finally growing up!  LOL!

90a0f017bb3029f48f8db8a530ab6beb.jpg

4 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Mount will be good enough with better players around him, players like him and Will Hughes can play in any good footballing side because they have an ability to read the game , bring others into play and a god given gift with the ball at their feet.

Whilst that may be true Chelsea have several others with better claims and I fear Mason will largely be a bench-warmer at best

16 hours ago, Richard246 said:

I was sure i logged in to the DCFC forum, but i must have been wrong and its the Chelsea forum. FFS Franks left, Tomori and Mount  have gone back to their parent club. Am i a bothered what happens to any of them no,move on

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

I was sure i logged in to the DCFC forum, but i must have been wrong and its the Chelsea forum. FFS Franks left, Tomori and Mount  have gone back to their parent club. Am i a bothered what happens to any of them no,move on

Which is weird, as you clicked on this thread? ?

7 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Which is weird, as you clicked on this thread? ?

I thought it weird too - I mean I generally manage to come onto the forum and only click on the topics I specifically want to read - I guess other people struggle with that?

28 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I thought it weird too - I mean I generally manage to come onto the forum and only click on the topics I specifically want to read - I guess other people struggle with that?

There's a specific term for the word-blindness that occurs when words like: Chelsea, Martin, Lampard are posted...can't remember the term! ?

Archived