Cardiff (H) - Match thread

Eoghan1884

Brilliant deserved 3 points. Not the prettiest especially in the last 25 mins. A bit league 1 with more polish. Cardiff quite physical ( but liked that tricky blond No 27) Ref was boring and petty. I think Kenzo might be a Will Hughes with goals, a delight to watch. I know we went on the back foot after Ozoh went off but even so I was screaming for him to push forward. He played a lot of safe back passes early on. I just hope he doesn’t get over coached and lose that Gerrard / Robson ability to carry the ball from deep and do serious damage.

Thought we ran the show for 60/70 minutes and then gave the ball away cheaply. Yates has to be one of the hardest working line leaders ever. Partnerships are still developing, we are learning. Some nice interplay mixed with some less elegant bits.

Some mentioned it’s going to be a long hard season. If this is hard .. Bring it on

Isnt it nice being above the dirties 🤣

To E. Adams esq .. free pass and voucher for a 100% Ram 

The sheep shaggers shagged some sheep shaggers 🐏💪🏼

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Not been able to see anything about the game other than notifications of the scoreline!

Anybody able to summarise briefly how the game went and how we played?

So buzzing to see Kenzo scored again!

My first game for a while. 
We played decent football in the first half. Lovely goal. Yates playing well as a link man. Goalie and defence solid. 

Second half was a slog. Everyone gave their all. Legs went so we went for the 1-0 win with 15 minutes to go. Managed it fairly well. Ebou nearly made it 2-0 but his legs went from under him😎

3 more points. You can’t ask for more than total effort and we got it.  Well worth the 400 miles round trip😄

46 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Mr elder rapidly becoming surprise package of the season 

another fantastically assured performance and a lovely assist to boot.

Really found his feet at the club, well done him and the coaching staff.

I agree, to be fair he was injured and never got a run of games last season, this time he has had a decent pre season and is getting settled. Decent player for sure.

Fantastic result, if not a fantastic performance in the second half. It's so valuable because Cardiff are going to be down there, especially based on that performance. I never really felt like they were going to score. Ebou should've got the second, Elder came close too. NML could have got one if he'd lifted the ball. Can't complain really.

Ozoh's injury is a worry. Hopefully he's not out for too long.

A couple of points from Sheff Utd & Norwich and it will be a great September.

Some good performances all over the park - Kenzo is going to be a £15m player, and Prem teams will be sniffing around him soon.
Also, my girlfriend seems to think he's strikingly handsome so we'd best get rid...

P.G Wodehouse from the directors box.

Ah, what a day, what a day, my dear fellow, the sort of afternoon that leaves one with a warm glow and the firm conviction that all is well in this topsy-turvy world. Sir Watkyn Basset, looking as pleased as a cat that's just polished off the cream, accompanied me to the directors' box, where we made short work of a tray of Green Swizzles—three in, to be precise—before the referee’s whistle tore through the jovial atmosphere like a punctured tyre. Mrs Clowes, resplendent as ever, hovered nearby, offering cocktails with the grace of a duchess, and before I could blink, Kenzo was there, quicker than a ferret down a rabbit hole, latching onto Elder’s cross with the kind of finesse that would have had the local pundits waxing lyrical for days. The Rams, unchanged from their last glorious outing, defended like their lives depended on it, with Zettestrom, a chiseled Adonis of a goalkeeper if ever there was one, keeping a clean sheet as if such a thing were as easy as tying one’s shoelaces. Ebou, an energetic whirlwind on two legs, galloped about the field, though he missed a chance late on that Gussie Finknottle, even in one of his more diffident moods, would have stroked home with all the aplomb of a man feeding bread to ducks. Poor Ozoh seemed to tweak something or other—nothing too serious, one hopes—and Ozzie was promptly ushered on in his stead, with Phillips and Harness, the new recruits, also given a whirl to stretch their legs. It was a masterful performance orchestrated by Warne, as crisp and smooth as a well-shaken cocktail, and Pride Park is rapidly becoming as impenetrable as the vaults of the Bank of England. Now, of course, all eyes turn to the steel city for what promises to be a test of Herculean proportions, but if this is any indication, the Rams will be striding in with all the confidence of a chap who’s just been told he’s inherited a country estate.

8 hours ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Someone forgot to tell their players this, with the lack of desire and desperation being a key point of why they were booed by their own fans.

There could be two ways to look at that, either they only played as well as Derby County allowed them to, or Derby County only won because Cardiff weren't really trying.  I prefer the former view.

18 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Kenzo is really starting to remind me of Baiano. Lovely touch, vision and awareness

This was exactly who the group around  me compared him with at one point. It was around the 40mins mark, I can't remember exactly what he did, but Kenzo kind of flicked the ball over himself and then carried on with it! It was a lovely bit of skill. We have sure got some player there. Enjoyed the game, the last 20 mins or so were hard work, but we got the job done. I loved the reception given to Ebou by the whole crowd at the end, even after his miss! 

Another very good home performance, some of the football in the first half took me back to Biano, Eranio, Sturridge and Wanchope era. Kenzo was unplayable at times, and what a goal built from persistence and flair. Second half despite the last 15 or so minutes of pressure, we looked in control and able to deal with anything. The Rams revival under Paul Warne continues COY🐏

Didn't look as comfortable as the Bristol game, I think that's mainly because Cardiff didn't allow Ozoh and Adams to bully them. Was surprised when Ozoh got outmuscled twice by Colwill.

Osbourn didn't look comfortable as the second CDM (albeit came on when our backs were against the wall) I think playing a third CM in a 433 is best suited to his game. Someone mentioned it on Radio Derby Nat Phillips might be a good 'like for like' replacement for Ozoh, someone that can get some tackles and keep the ball.

Lastly, Kenzo is a joy to watch.

22 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

They are not cannon fodder. They have had tough matches. It will be a tricky game which will test us.

Didn’t say cannon fodder . Said Relegation Fodder . I still stand by that . After half an hour , their fans sang - “How s—t must you be , it’s only 1-0 “. They booed them off at the end . Even when we sat back for the last 20 mins , they could not create a chance . All the makings of a  relegation season . 

1 hour ago, ramit said:

There could be two ways to look at that, either they only played as well as Derby County allowed them to, or Derby County only won because Cardiff weren't really trying.  I prefer the former view.

Why only two? It can also be a combination of both of those things and many more factors.

What it wasn't, by any stretch of the imagination, was Derby County overcoming a team showing their manager they were desperate to turn their fortunes around.

From our perspective it was a good first half performance and we kept them at arms length in the second, from theirs... as stated. Hopeless and worth the boos from their fans.

We wouldn't stand for a performance like that from ourselves, and thankfully we no longer have to.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Not been able to see anything about the game other than notifications of the scoreline!

Anybody able to summarise briefly how the game went and how we played?

So buzzing to see Kenzo scored again!

First half a diluted version of the Bristol game. The last 25 minutes of the second half a diluted version of the Middlesbrough game.