Vs Watford (A) Match Thread

DCFC1388

I was hoping for 4 points from the first 3 games and would've considered that a good start. Blackburn and Watford both look better than I expected, Boro look worse than expected. I think 3 points given the current squad, including injuries, is a decent enough start.

Two back-to-back home games in the league coming up after Barrow. Our home form will be vital and in Bristol City and Cardiff I would be hoping for at least 4 points from those games.

Still no time to panic, in around a week we will hopefully have a little more quality in the squad which will mean more depth and more opportunity to influence games. That's one area where we're lacking right now.

Just now, RamsFan10 said:

Likewise, I can’t really fathom the negativity. The performance today gave me more confidence than the performance last week, despite the results.

Neither performance gave me much to shout about. Couple of great goals to cheer and some nice defensive resIlience last week but in both matches (entire match last week, a big big chunk of todays match apart from a bit of the second half) we treated the football as if we were the underdog in a cup competition. We are the same division as these. Yes we might get beat but we need to have the mentality that we deserve to be in this division and that we are here on merit. We look like we’re afraid to have the ball. We’re playing it forwards quickly but our striker is on the edge of our own box so it comes straight back. 

We look okay until we score and then we plummet 20 yards further back. 

Not a bad performance at all.  We came back into the game after the subs. Better headers from Adams or Bradley in the second half could have got us a point. Watford got lucky with their second.
Ozoh needs to improve in the attacking third - he seems to panic and pick the wrong option.
Nyambe was immense, as always.
It's a shame Adams' great finish was in vain!

This is a team that can stay up but we need more options on the bench.

15 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

He would do. A few players do that against us, then come to Derby and are pants. I just think the Champ is a step too far for him. Doesn’t really bring anything to the table.

I think at his best he was a top L1/low Champ player. He's lost a bit of pace now which was one of his main strengths.

Edited by DCFC Kicks

A bit uninspiring aren’t we. 

32% of the ball is really bad, there’s no way to sugarcoat it. Even when we did have the ball we didn’t really create anything and lost it poorly under very little pressure.

Ozoh yet again switched off for an opposition goal. This season is going to be a big learning experience for him, but we really need him to cut this out sharpish.

It’s not good enough to sit back in the championship and hope you get something on the break. Players are far too good to not eventually get a good chance, and teams are far too organised to concede sloppy goals every week.

I can’t accept that we don’t have the budget to play better football than we are. Nigel Cloughs sides had more attacking intent and control of the game than we do currently. 

Watford are an Ok team and didn’t create all that many chances today, but if we’re being honest I don’t think they ever felt like they’d lose that. 

Desperately need to sign some attacking quality, but I don’t think it’ll be much use if we’re not controlling any of the midfield. 

Edited by BPV

Think admin mrk2 will be needed. Try and steal 15 points away from home and hope a rocking pride park will see us steal a few wins to get to 50 points.

From what I saw today it seemed the same as last week..maybe not quite as bad but we’re struggling upfront. 

3 good signings and we’ll be fine, over to Warne, Clowes and the recruitment team.

9 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Show them a video of every time we won the ball in the first half and what we did with it. Ask them if that’s what they’re capable of as footballers. 

Total lack of quality and composure on the ball almost every time we won possession back. 

Are we working on patterns of play that allow us to keep the ball long enough for our attackers to get into the opposition’s half before we go more direct? 

I wish you would work on your own patterns of play and start giving out some credit were credit is due.

The only person lacking any quality and composure is you as you can’t help yourself with the endless criticism.

If your a supporter why don’t you try supporting, we could show you some videos on what you can do with your support if you like!

Up The Rams.

We played well today, and deserved a well earned away point against a good footballing side. A couple of moments where professional footballers will know they could have done better where the difference in the result, no more than that.

Up The Rams 🖤 🐏

What are you capable of?

Can you go direct?

Quick summary of Warne’s post match comments;

Said the Barker send off was a poor bit of officiating, ref panicked and stopped the game when Derby tried to take a quick throw, Barker said something….erm… impolite and the ref sent him off. Probable 2 day training ground and 1 match ban.

Osborn possibly 7 days with a calf injury, interestingly Warne said Osborn has a different training load to other players so maybe something being managed long term?

Vickers groin injury. Didn’t hear the timescale.

Regarding recruitment;

”By the next game should have another in the building and 2 more by Saturday” A midfielder in by Tuesday. Then a cb and a striker. Said will all be loans then corrected himself to say 2 loans and a free agent. Nothing in John-Jules being there today.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Osborn possibly 7 days with a calf injury, interestingly Warne said Osborn has a different training load to other players so maybe something being managed long term?

Vickers groin injury.

”By the next game should have another in the building and 2 more by Saturday” A midfielder in by Tuesday. Then a cb and a striker. Said will all be loans then corrected himself to say 2 loans and a free agent. Nothing in John-Jules being there today.

Cooper sounds like he’s signing for Hull so don’t think that’s happening. 

We competed, again. That’s the positive. I wasn’t expecting much today.

Every man and his dog can see the need for signings, the bench is paper thin even without CBT and Osborn missing. The likes of Collins are miles off the standard to change a game.

I know the football is defensive, but you open up and you get absolutely battered. The quality simply isn’t there to do it with the money we’ve had to assemble the squad. Stay in games, give yourself half a chance every week.