Paris Olympics

1of4

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Anyone photographed biting their gold medal like they are the first to do it should be stripped of their medal.

That's all of them 

Those rusty filings from the Eiffel Tower mixed with the gold should give them all a good dose of tetanus.  They won't be worrying you in future. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952oknhoxgqyb3c44r81i

15 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

...But no one ever said he was English, he wouldn’t claim to be English, so why would anyone expect him to support England. He’s British and Scottish. That doesn’t mean he’s obliged to be a fan of England. 

I'm not even sure how to answer that 🤪

He was wanting the British crowd to support him at Wimbledon and came out with a naive anti-English comment that was picked up by the London-based press who generally slated him for it and generated a lot of dislike for the bloke - that's all I was saying, I'm not pro-Murray or anti-Murray other than hoping that now he's retired, I never have to see or hear from his miserable mother ever again....

1 minute ago, Premier ram said:

Brilliant performance from GBs Louie Hinchcliffe in the mens 100m sprint opening heat , high hopes for this lad

Gutted for the DQ in the one before. Not even allowed to race under protest. If his appeal isn't successful then that's him done in these games. 

John Tarrant, non-Olympian.

When you consider how much money some of these Olympic athletes get paid for various meets, It makes my blood boil when I consider the vindictive treatment this bloke received. I grew up in Buxton and remember his exploits, usually conveyed to my mother by his bother Vic, who delivedred groceries.

John used to run to one of the local quarries carrying a knapsack full of bricks, do an 8 hour shift, then home by the long route, by way of training. Died an untimely death. Just read the story.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/62607571

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

Take a bow (or a curtsey), Henry Fieldman.

First person ever to win medals in both Men's and Women's events at the Olympics.

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Who says mansplaining is such a terrible thing 😂

7 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

What is this wokery gone mad! 😂

For those not aware, all may not be as "SOME" may (initially) think (Me included!).

Turns out, blokes are allowed to be the coxswain for both male and female rowing teams... and coxswains also get medals, it seems.

So well to to him.  No drama!  

Edited by Mucker1884

51 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

For those not aware, all may not be as "SOME" may (initially) think (Me included!).

Turns out, blokes are allowed to be the coxswain for both male and female rowing teams... and coxswains also get medals, it seems.

So well to to him.  No drama!  

Depressing that in this day and age, two women still can't have a nice row down a river without a member of the patriarchy sat in the boat berating them. No wonder they throw the chippy little feckers in the river afterwards. 

22 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Depressing that in this day and age, two women still can't have a nice row down a river without a member of the patriarchy sat in the boat berating them. No wonder they throw the chippy little feckers in the river afterwards. 

And in one simple move, they were truly coxless.