Kenzo Goudmijn - signed to 2028

51 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Some useful insights to go on, if we trust Greg Spires.

He can pick the ball up from deep and hit good long passes, and he's an energetic runner & presser. He's a bit small at 5'9", physically lightweight, and not great in the air. Doesn't shoot much, so hard to judge that, but he has good feet and can find space to get a shot off.

Pair him up with NML in the gym, get him bulked up.

Sounds like he'd be good next to a big DM, like, um, Ebou Adams...

And he pronounces his name 'howdmine' - simple.

Also impressed he has managed to grow some sort of beard before filming his welcome videos. Shows good commitment. This may be stroke of genius or a disaster but the right sort of signing for us with potential to develop with us as we push back up or be sold later as he becomes championship player of season  

Kenzo looks like a very shrewd, very exciting addition.

I am really intrigued to see who we bring in to play around him as I think this will be the key to ‘unlocking’ him. I suspect we will need another two midfielders to take some pressure away from him.

Teams will immediately spot his technical quality and try to give him a ‘warm welcome’ to the Championship so I would imagine initially at least we’ll be playing with a midfield three with players with more experience and presence alongside him.

Adams and a experienced player like Matty James making up the midfield would be fantastic.

Edited by Jourdan

3 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

This is great. I love a proper deep lying playmaker who can ping the ball about and spot passes others cant. It also proves my Dutch mates know absolutely sod all about Dutch football because they described him as a direct, pacey dribbler!