Transfer rumours

2 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

Maybe Warne doesn’t actually have much pull for a player. Who wants to join a club where it’s hoof ball all the time and playing for 1-0 wins or draws? 

Oh but he’s a nice guy and quite funny 

Warne never plays for a draw. Perhaps if he did we'd have shut up shop at 1-1 instead of trying to win the game.

1 hour ago, Fraser_23 said:

Finances play a big part, but it all boils down to whether they want to play for Warne and his style of play. Surely you agree with that?

I do agree and we have no idea what players do and don’t want to play for Warne when the other club pays more meaning we don’t have any chance of getting them.

4 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

Maybe Warne doesn’t actually have much pull for a player. Who wants to join a club where it’s hoof ball all the time and playing for 1-0 wins or draws? 

Oh but he’s a nice guy and quite funny 

Weird how playing hoof ball all the time translates into the actual stats. It’s almost like you are repeating a tired old cliche that isn’t true

IMG_6103.png

3 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

We miss out because of finances I’d imagine also how can you just put an exemption on 3 players when we know they had other options. You can’t pick and choose for your argument. 

I think budget is why we lost Bird , Sibley , Wildsmith etc etc . Not Warne’s fault . For a “Big Club” we have a tiny budget .

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I think budget is why we lost Bird , Sibley , Wildsmith etc etc . Not Warne’s fault . For a “Big Club” we have a tiny budget .

How much is our tiny budget then?

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How much is our tiny budget then?

DCFC are never going to tell us what the budget is , the same as they won’t tell us where the Knight , Bird , Sell-On money went . They don’t have to . But Middlesboro are a Mid-Table club and they have just bought a striker from Man City for £4 mill. Our jaws would drop if we paid that .

5 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

DCFC are never going to tell us what the budget is , the same as they won’t tell us where the Knight , Bird , Sell-On money went . They don’t have to . But Middlesboro are a Mid-Table club and they have just bought a striker from Man City for £4 mill. Our jaws would drop if we paid that .

Middlesbrough also made £25 million in player sales last season.

We aren't there yet. This is what our rebuild is all about. 

We've got to get these players in like a Kenzo/Zetterstrom for cheap and hope they end up being good that we can then sell on for a decent fee to use on the squad.

Coventry prime example. Going nowhere. Signed Gyokeres and Hamer for peanuts and sold them on for big fees.

Since then they've been a game away from the Prem and you'd argue have a good shout for a top 6 finish this season.

We just aren't there yet. We're right at the start.

30 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Bird - contract was due to expire and we'd have had to go through a tribunal which is a lengthy process. He left for guaranteed Championship football, obviously at the time he left we could've easily been looking at another season in L1.

Sibley - wasn't even offered equal terms to what he was on, hence no compensation. Would've been a squad player here, best for all he moved on.

Wildsmith - similar to above. Warne wanted to improve our goalkeeper which we look like we're about to do. Wildsmith will probably earn more being WBA's number 2 than ours.

I don't think any of those is a budget thing at all. It's a combination of being in League 1 and wanting to improve the squad to a higher level.

19 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Why, as we're spending £1.4m on a keeper?

4 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

Finances play a big part, but it all boils down to whether they want to play for Warne and his style of play. Surely you agree with that?

Surely if they didn't want to play for Warne they wouldn't bother talking in the first place-im sure it always comes down to finance and length of contract

39 minutes ago, Topram said:

I reckon it’ll be about Dembele as he’s also got a QPR story he often puts teams names out there to make it look like there’s going to be a story and all it’ll be is “QPR beat Derby to Dembele signing”

They aren’t really stories are they, just vague, non committal statements on players we have already been linked with…..but plenty of other interest. Percy is the one I take notice of…….and our Simmo of course 😊