Controversial views unchallenged

It’s boring if you can’t have a disagreement. If you can make statements unchallenged does that mean you’re always right ? Or is it that you need to get things off your chest without consequence ? Isn’t that what therapists are for ? 
I’d stick with the old .. I don’t agree with what you say, but defend absolutely your right to say it. (And anyone else’s right to disagree )

I’d rather win 5-4 than win 1-0

Sod this good foundations stuff 🤣

25 minutes ago, Day said:

The Just Eat sponsor on our shirts a few seasons back, did not cause a spike in obesity levels across Derbyshire.

No but I felt like the disadvantaged poor relation when Reading had Waitrose on their shirts 

Forest are a bigger club than Derby, and have a more successful history (their winning two European Cups back to back ranks above anything we have achieved). It's OK, given the size of the respective cities you would expect them to be, and seriously trying to claim the reverse because we had a bigger attendance on any given day makes us look a bit silly.

Mel Morris threw in the towel far too early and in a string of monumental bad business decisions - that was by far his worse.

He would’ve won the appeal against the amortisation charges, as there was nothing within the rules about the straight line concept and what he adopted was a tried and tested accounting method albeit not done in football (to that point). We wouldn’t have had the 21 point deduction and would’ve stayed up that season. 

The academy infrastructure he put in place would’ve eventually paid him back more than he ever got and then some. We ended up losing an incredible amount of talent for pennies in the pound because of his decision to throw the towel. He just needed to bring someone in who could control the football operation - Cocu was ideal for bringing on players technically and the developmental angle should’ve been persisted with but like his decision to call in the administrators. I think that was also a very bad, early decision. 

He then fell in love with the Hollywood aspect of bringing big names into the club and the circus that would follow. Lampard was a good hire for the club, but ultimately it changed the mindset and from that point he was on a path to ruin. While he was fundamentally bringing things along nicely in the background, he was his own worse enemy. If he had just focused more so on what was working in the academy and replicated it into the first team then he would’ve realised his vision of having a first team heavily subsidised by the academy and in doing so would’ve been able to bring more talent to the academy to continue the flow of progression as opportunity attracts talent. 

• John Eustace was s**** and Omar Mascarell was 10x the player.
  • Robbie Savage single handedly ruined James Bailey's career.
  • For 1 month, we had the most elite strikeforce the club has ever seen in Junior and Mat Svensson.
  • John Brayford left us as the best right back in the Championship for the Premier League. Having failed, he dropped to Nigel Clough in League One rather than return to the Championship. He wasted his entire career following Clough around like a lost puppy.
  • Tom Ince wasn't lazy, he just was tasked with doing different things to Ward/Russell - including playing 90 mins rather than getting subbed off after 60/70min.

- Ed Dawes is a high quality local radio commentator and critics are ignorant to the standard of local commentary around the country

- Graham Richards became a bumbling confused and inaccurate local radio commentator for the last few years of his commentary

- Derby fans have been generally spoilt/blessed over the last 40 years by the sheer quality of coverage provided by BBC Radio Derby

- Gary Teale was underrated and would easily be our star player right now

- "Legends" Bobby Davison and Igor Stimac couldn't wait to get away from Derby County and lacked loyalty

Your/you're/yore collective failure to comprehend English language is there/they're/their for all to see and it's easier than/then ABC for people to accept/except...

... these, and many other mistakes, are totally unforgivable. I'm 100% certain you all no/now/know the difference but are just plain lazy buggers.

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

We should have a celebratory pitch invasion after every home win. 

This forum needs more politics.

Sombreros are the next big thing.

I read this very quickly and at first thought it said celebrity pitch invasion.. with politics and sombreros - which I'd certainly encourage.

The only problem is that we have so few celebrity fans who are interested in politics that we'd have a topless Geoff Hoon with "free El Chapo" crayoned on his belly trying to outpace stewards with no grip on the soles of their shoes (is that an international steward dress code rule?)