Worst Refereeing decision for and against Derby.

What absolute howlers have refs made that have been in Derby's favour or against us.

Not the most important, the worst decision.

For me, in our favour, the penalty against Rotherham in 1987.

Against us, was for a foul in the box on Eranio not given v Charlton around 2000. Absolute stonewall.

Jack Taylor 1976 FA Cup Semi final v Manure when Dave Nish chipped the ball over the defence and ran on to score when the game was 1-0 but disallowed for a mystery player who was supposedly interfering with play. 
Roger Milford in the play off final v Fester not giving a blatant foul on Martin Taylor for their equaliser and letting Steve Walsh and co kick our players all over the park . 

5 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Roger Milford in the play off final v Fester not giving a blatant foul on Martin Taylor for their equaliser and letting Steve Walsh and co kick our players all over the park . 

That was one of mine, I felt particular enraged that day. Especially as our PT instructor was a Leicester fan and so three of us known Derby fans had to do laps in celebration the next week.

In 93 I was outraged at the ref for something in the build up to Wendies equaliser in the FA Cup quarters - couldnt be that bad I've forgotten what it was exactly.

Atwell goes without saying.

Not a ref but I remember Simmo getting flagged for offside from his own half at the BBG once (93 I think)

I cant remember what he did but it was so bad we once sang for near on 30 minutes about Graham Poll being a ... ahem. A song only beaten for length that season (97-98?) with a song about Paul Kitson.

The countless penalty area violations of Ebosele whilst we were locked in conflict with the EFL. Some of them I felt the defender aught to have at least bought him dinner first.

43 minutes ago, OoooMarkWright said:

Atwell v Forest. Addison’s header. Awful decision.

Agree about Martin at Burnley too. Should’ve had a penalty but was booked for diving. Sent off later for 2 bookings. Pure rage as the ref walked past Derby fans at half time. Bobby Madley had a shocker.

Attwell handsdown I still talk about this I was right behind it in the north stand and it still gets me mad 

How he refs in the premier is strange 

Wolves at home in 12/13 and Boro at home in 15/16. On both occasions we had a free-kick on the edge of the D centrally and the wall’s been ahead of the penalty spot.

Like, the impact on the game is negligible but FOR CHRIST SAKE, THERE ARE LITERAL MARKING’S ON THE PITCH

25 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Jack Taylor 1976 FA Cup Semi final v Manure when Dave Nish chipped the ball over the defence and ran on to score when the game was 1-0 but disallowed for a mystery player who was supposedly interfering with play. 

I rated Jack Taylor as probably the best / fairest referee in the country, this game and his decision totally blew that theory out of the water, and most likely cost us the chance of ever lifting the cup in my lifetime. Still hurts, 48 years later..

50 minutes ago, OoooMarkWright said:

Atwell v Forest. Addison’s header. Awful decision.

Agree about Martin at Burnley too. Should’ve had a penalty but was booked for diving. Sent off later for 2 bookings. Pure rage as the ref walked past Derby fans at half time. Bobby Madley had a shocker.

I know I’ve said this on here before… but it’s mad what you can remember because you associate it with football.

I had my driving test the following week so was listening to that game on Radio Derby whilst I had a practise drive around Belper with my dad.

Im crap at street names but I could take you to the exact bend I was on when that incident occurred.

And to top it off, Radio Derby never mentioned that Jeff had scored from the resultant loose ball so I was pissed off again that night when I watched The Football League show! 

Best dodgy decision in our favour the penalty against Rotherham in 1986, the most crucial anyway.  

Worst decision, not to give a foul when Roberts elbowed Taylor in the face in 1994...or course that injustice was compounded by Paul Williams' worst attempted clearance in Derby history one second later. Still hurts.

40 minutes ago, mozza said:

I rated Jack Taylor as probably the best / fairest referee in the country, this game and his decision totally blew that theory out of the water, and most likely cost us the chance of ever lifting the cup in my lifetime. Still hurts, 48 years later..

I agree about how good Jack Taylor was & also about the offside decision; I seem to recall it was Franny Lee out wide left tying his boot lace that was “the offside culprit”(?). Also recall a documentary about Jack Taylor which ghosted his refereeing of the Cup Semi-Final. Seem to remember Roy Mac remonstrating fiercely with Jack just after the decision…

54 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Savage, playing for Leicester, diving to get a penalty then winking at the crowd/TV cameras. 

Why did we sign him again?

I was going to say this one. I was in the North stand that day behind the goal and got a prime view as a block tackle on the ball was made and he threw his head back,  straightened up and dived poleaxed.

Utter turd.

1 hour ago, RIMBAUD said:

I seem to remember one involving Harry Kewell. 

Was at that one. Was in the North stand so along way away but it looked a stonewall pen. Only after walking back to the station and talking to my dad on the phone did I realise that he had dived. Dirties fans in the home end got a bit of a beating that day too.

38 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Best dodgy decision in our favour the penalty against Rotherham in 1986, the most crucial anyway.  

Worst decision, not to give a foul when Roberts elbowed Taylor in the face in 1994...or course that injustice was compounded by Paul Williams' worst attempted clearance in Derby history one second later. Still hurts.

Even worse than keoghs?

I can remember a match around 1984 when John Robertson played for us. He blatantly dived in the box, the ref awarded us a penalty and he blew a kiss to the crowd. I have just spent the last hour trying to think who it was against?

One of the worst, Steve Bull diving for a pen for Wolves away game just before Christmas in the early 90s. 5 minutes from time and put them 2-1 up. Our defender, name escapes me, was sent off too. We then went up the other end and scored 2, the winner deep in to injury time, to win 3-2 so all worked out in the end.