Retained List

4 hours ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Personally I think the midfielder tightened up when he came back into the team and him and  Ebu worked great together. With Bird and Houllane we were wide open all the time.

For me thats my 2 centre midfielders for next season .

No goals or pace.  I'd have Adams with two technical players who can score and create.  We'll need it unless we significantly improve our striking options and we can't just get Cashin to shovel it out wide in the hope of getting someone on a cross, the midfield will need to be used more. 

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

No goals or pace.  I'd have Adams with two technical players who can score and create.  We'll need it unless we significantly improve our striking options and we can't just get Cashin to shovel it out wide in the hope of getting someone on a cross, the midfield will need to be used more. 

I agree.

Adam’s was the missing piece in the jigsaw who gave the team more presence, it took Warne far too long to realise that Bird and Hourihane were too lightweight as a pair.

I think Bird would thrive with Adam’s in the side but that’s obviously not going to happen.

We definitely need a couple of box to box midfielders with Smith a good option from the bench.

There seems to be lots of good midfielders becoming available on a free so we should be able to attract some good recruits.

12 hours ago, Ramfan1958 said:

Personally I think the midfielder tightened up when he came back into the team and him and  Ebu worked great together. With Bird and Houllane we were wide open all the time.

For me thats my 2 centre midfielders for next season .

I agree, he was quicker in reaction terms. We might have seen the same with Bird, hard to say but Ebou was the catalyst though that’s for sure. Hourihan was tidy and astute but there was an edge / urgency missing too often

According to EFL rule...

“Any club wishing to re-engage a contract player whose contract is due to expire on 30 June must notify him in writing by the third Saturday in May in the final year of his contract whether or not they offer him terms of re-engagement specifying (where applicable) such terms."

That's tomorrow. By then the players will have it in black and white if they're going or can stay if they reach agreement on a new contract. 

Thus far only 4 of the 23/24 season SBC sides have published their lists. 18 of the 23/24 L1 sides have published.

Few highlights confirmed last night (Some may be already known) 
Wildsmith going - Not offered (New Number one inbound) 
Collins Going 
Gayle Going 
Waggy going
Hourihane has a year if he wants it but Derby keen to cut ties 

Smith Offered 
Sibley offered 
Tommo offered 
Robinson offered 

Barkhuizen expecting one year trigger to be used 

Fozzy offered (believe it was a triggered contract clause) 

Two inbound midfielder at advanced stages (not a clue who but one is definitely from abroad) 

4 minutes ago, SECornerRAM said:

Collins Going 
Gayle Going 
Waggy going

Smith Offered 
Sibley offered 
Tommo offered 
Robinson offered 

Two inbound midfielder at advanced stages (not a clue who but one is definitely from abroad) 

Believe Season 2 GIF by American Gods

16 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Believe Season 2 GIF by American Gods

To be fair, @SECornerRAM only really posts when they have a bit of info: Bradley and Bird being out injured, revealing the kit supplier will be Puma as far back as Feb. The only real one they got wrong was James Collins initially being out "for the season" which was quickly revised to "8-10 weeks" (more or less the same thing) - it was actually 6 weeks, and we all know Collins is superhuman

31 minutes ago, SECornerRAM said:

Collins Going 
Gayle Going 
Waggy going

Smith Offered 
Sibley offered 
Tommo offered 
Robinson offered 

Surprised we haven’t kept Collo as back up….

34 minutes ago, SECornerRAM said:

Collins Going 
Gayle Going 
Waggy going

Smith Offered 
Sibley offered 
Tommo offered 
Robinson offered 

If Waggy Collins and Gayle all going you’d have thought there must be some serious  fire power lined up ? 

48 minutes ago, SECornerRAM said:

Collins Going 
Gayle Going 
Waggy going

Smith Offered 
Sibley offered 
Tommo offered 
Robinson offered 

Please be Ebou, Please be Ebou, Please be Ebou…

1 hour ago, SECornerRAM said:

Collins Going 
Gayle Going 
Waggy going

Smith Offered 
Sibley offered 
Tommo offered 
Robinson offered 

After Collins' goals, his consistent fitness and then his superhuman return from injury to see us over the line, I'm surprised - but this hints at an impressively ruthless streak at the club. And suggests we're looking at major upgrades in the striking department.

Interesting times.

2 minutes ago, YouRams said:

If Collo is going I imagine it was more PW telling him he's not guaranteed to start and Collo not being the type of player that wants to sit on a bench, rather than a complete cutting of ties.

He wasn't starting here either earlier in the season. I don't think its ruthless, its being a manager. Observe and replace

59 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

To be fair, @SECornerRAM only really posts when they have a bit of info: Bradley and Bird being out injured, revealing the kit supplier will be Puma as far back as Feb. The only real one they got wrong was James Collins initially being out "for the season" which was quickly revised to "8-10 weeks" (more or less the same thing) - it was actually 6 weeks, and we all know Collins is superhuman

I don't doubt him, honestly.

I give ITK's benefit of the doubt, until its clear they know nothing, mentioning no names 🧐