Peterborough vs Bolton

I actually think this could be a tight game.  Ferguson has already hinted at resting a few in midweek.  He can rest players on Tuesday, bring them back on Saturday after a weeks rest and still have nigh on a week until the first leg.  Neither team will want to go into playoffs on the back of a hammering.

With any luck and a following wind, aided and abetted by a sterling performance from the lads, Posh v Trotters result will be totally irrelevant to where we finish in the League. We don't lose, we're up. PW never goes for the draw so we're all out for the win.

Job done. Now, let's all get to Pride Park on Saturday and have 30,000 Rams fans leaving the ground at about 15:15 totally hoarse.

3 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Presumably the mathematical probability of us going up is better if it's just Bolton that we have to fend off, even if it's a little scarier if they have something to play for and Posh don't.

The bookies odds tomorrow will tell you, if posh don't win comfortably tonight.

Personally I'd prefer both teams to be going for it on Saturday, if one team are saving themselves for the play offs, the other team is likely to win by quite a few goals.

Posh lose tonight they'll rest all their players for the Bolton game, could be a 4 or 5 -0 hammering, massively denting our goal difference. Id like a posh win tonight then both teams will have something to play for on Saturday, could be 0-0, 1-1 which will be perfect.

Not that I'm worried we wont at least get a point against Carlisle.

22 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I actually think this could be a tight game.  Ferguson has already hinted at resting a few in midweek.  He can rest players on Tuesday, bring them back on Saturday after a weeks rest and still have nigh on a week until the first leg.  Neither team will want to go into playoffs on the back of a hammering.

We tore Preston to bits in our last league game before losing to them in the playoffs.  Was 4 and could have been 6. If Peterborough think they're out the running, they will leave 5 or six out they will need for playoffs, especially knowing they have Bolton in the final if they get there.  Bolton will get a few if it's a Peterborough dead rubber.  It's only Derby who risk injury in a dead rubber against the leagues filthiest midfield .  Cheers Wass.

I thinking that neither Posh nor Bolton will want to lose this game it’s so close to them both playing a final.

im going draw. 1-1 

but I fancy Cheltenham tonight to get at least a point

I'm in the hoping P'boro and Bolton both with a chance in the final game camp, it'll make it a bit more competitive. That said P'boro need a massive gd swing so they may stick with play offs anyway and rest players. 4th gets managerless Barnsley?

Just a feeling but I think that Bolton may do their job on Saturday, they may even get a 3-4 goal swing done themselves. Meaning Derby only have to lose for Bolton to make it. I can see us either drawing or being 1 down for the longest time on Saturday too, how it ends? Who knows all I know is I'm getting a few tipples in either way.

7 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

I think it's fair to say Peterborough won't be putting up much of a fight on Saturday based on tonights performance so far..... 2 down already 

Don’t think they would want to go into the play offs having been smashed by Bolton. Would hope that they put a stronger , if not their strongest team out. 

Just now, Reggie Greenwood said:

Don’t think they would want to go into the play offs having been smashed by Bolton. Would hope that they put a stronger , if not their strongest team out. 

They won’t care about the result v Bolton. Thrashing or not. It’s their reserves who will lose.  They best players saved to fight hard in the play offs

9 minutes ago, strawhillram said:

They won’t care about the result v Bolton. Thrashing or not. It’s their reserves who will lose.  They best players saved to fight hard in the play offs

If so wouldn’t be surprised if the EFL charged them for playing weakened teams . It won’t matter as we will beat Carlisle 🐏🐏🐏