Peterborough vs Bolton

11 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Remembering that game vs reading when we needed a point to finish 6th.....

Surely it won't happen again 😬

Beat me to it. 

also, I had to go search it out so I could relieve that day: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53412704#:~:text=Nottingham Forest's season imploded against,finished in the top six.

(the Forest result, not our reading result). 

Edited by TigerTedd

I expect one of Bolton or Peterbrough to win big next saturday, if posh lose in midweek i expect it to be Bolton, but if posh win their midweek game, they might just have one of thier days.

I expect us to be bag of nerves being shredded by a nerve shredding machine as time ticks away at nil nil. I think we'll prevail, but i expect the absolute wringer before we do. Obviously, it'd be nice to blow Carlisle away and be 3 up by half time, but, that's not why we love Derby County.

5 hours ago, Carnero said:

Forget the Reading game, forget what happened to Forest, those were 2 out of form teams trying to grimly hang on to 6th place. This is an in-form team riding high in 2nd with 1 defeat in 10 and only 4 goals conceded. No comparison.

Against bottom of the league who have already been relegated 

1 hour ago, Charliegeorge1962 said:

This thread should be renamed doom & gloom.😂

No, it should be renamed “if the unthinkable happens”. Just because we are debating what might happen elsewhere if we do slip up doesn’t mean to say any of us really think it’s likely to happen. 

Is there prize money for 3rd and 4th place?

Neither Bolton or Posh should be bothered about play off opponents and, unless Posh get hammered by Cheltenham, it will be a shootout for 3rd/4th.

I thought Posh were in a bit of financial bother so can’t imagine their Chairman would sanction a “can’t be arsed” approach…..if there is prize money that’s worth having.

1 hour ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

Is there prize money for 3rd and 4th place?

Neither Bolton or Posh should be bothered about play off opponents and, unless Posh get hammered by Cheltenham, it will be a shootout for 3rd/4th.

I thought Posh were in a bit of financial bother so can’t imagine their Chairman would sanction a “can’t be arsed” approach…..if there is prize money that’s worth having.

I always thought there was prize money from top to bottom on a sliding scale.

19 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

For anyone bringing up the reading game I will raise Barnsley under Rowett and West Brom under Lampard where we got decisive victories in the last game of the season at home to make the playoffs.

We’ll get this done

Good point.  I think we remember the Reading game because of the way the season collapsed in the last 10-12 games, well I do anyway.  T going into that game we were on a shocking run of form.  Plus, it’s a typically British trait to look on the dark side and imagine the worst.

This season is totally different.  We’re in good form, we’re playing bottom of the league at home and we don’t need to rely on anyone else.  When it’s come down to clinching automatic promotion we can get over the line.  We did in 86, 87 and 96.