Peterborough vs Bolton

48 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Seems genuinely unreal that, he’s openly said he wants 4th place for the second leg to be at home 🤯 

Where has he said that?

In the article he also says Cheltenham will be the only chance he has to rest his players, so sounds like he is not planning on resting them against Bolton.

1 minute ago, northantsram said:

Surely the Pboro result is a good thing and they are rested up for the Bolton game, they wont want to lose last game of the season going into the play offs.

He's secured 4th and has no intention of doing anything but playing reserves.  His words.

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Where has he said that?

In the article he also says Cheltenham will be the only chance he has to rest his players, so sounds like he is not planning on resting them against Bolton.

It was how I interpreted this comment;

"They’ve done their job though and we’ve got today out of the way and done our job to get the home leg of the semi-final second. Now I can rest all of the players that have been playing regularly at Cheltenham. It’ll be a completely different team.”

My take on that comment is he’s content that they’ve secured a playoff spot and would now rest players accordingly, in other words “we won’t catch Derby now so we won’t bother trying”.

I appreciate on a second read he didn’t specifically say they were playing for 4th place so my earlier post was inaccurate, but there’s a big ol’ insinuation in what he said and what he subsequently did this evening. 

Calm down. They've had a ridiculous run of fixtures in 21 days. He's rested them in midweek and they'll all be back in the team on Saturday. 

He's not going to risk some players having not had a game for a couple of weeks going into a playoff semi.

Even if Pboro put their reserves out, I can't see Bolton 'smashing' them.

When the chips have been down and the pressure has been on, Bolton generally haven't done well. They end up having 75%+ possession, 20+ shots, hitting the woodwork about 5 times, missing open goals from 2 yards out, and then come away with just a point.

Great team no doubt about it, but I personally wouldn't back them in big moments (especially away from home).

Edited by Scott129

9 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

When the chips have been down and the pressure has been on, Bolton generally haven't done well. They end up having 75%+ possession, 20+ shots, hitting the woodwork about 5 times, missing open goals from 2 yards out, and then come away with just a point.

Great team no doubt about it, but I personally wouldn't back them in big moments (especially away from home).

Watching Cheltenham against them tonight, they could have had 4 or 5 which would have 'smashed' them, so no reason to think a team 18 places up the table wouldn't be able to if they went with a weakened team again

Can you play the same team on Saturday please because if nothing else it will put the frighteners under Derby. Whilst it’s unlikely Carlisle will do them you just never know in football. We’ve all been there, games we needed to get a result in but the longer it goes the more the pressure increases. A 3-0 win for Wanderers against your reserves and Carlisle pop in a 95th minute winner would go down very well in North Lancashire. ?

26 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

I should frame this Scott and get Evatt to pin it up in the dressing room before Saturdays game because it sums us up to a tee. It all changes though when we score early, it seems to spark us into life and that’s when we get our big wins so hopefully we can do that again on Saturday. You surely can’t lost to Carlisle but then neither Posh or ourselves though we couldn’t either! It only takes a bad referee or a silly tackle and everything changes. I’m clutching at straws now but at last we’ve both still got something to play for this weekend. 😁

9 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

None of this means diddly.

It's in our hands, we're at home, we need a point against bottom of the league

A draw could mean we’re hanging  on right to the end, I don’t think I could survive that 😱

Let’s forget about this game - I know that’s hard given our track record.  We can’t control what team Peterborough put out and we can’t control the outcome.  We can’t even control what Derby do.  But let’s put our energy and focus on Derby v Carlisle.  We do our job, we go up.  Let’s focus on a positive outcome.  No more what if this or that happens, if Bolton win by 2 or 3.  Focus on The Rams getting the job done.

It would be great if we could just focus on positive posts between now and Saturday.  Get us all in the right frame of mind and our positive energy can rub off on the team.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland