Wildsmith

His form has been abit up & down at times this season but as it stands he has the joint hightest number of clean sheets in the league, he is joint with Jensen for Lincoln but Wildsmith has played 5 less games.

So a clean sheet vs Carlisle (or Jensen conceding for Lincoln) will mean Wildsmith gets the golden glove this season which is a very good achievement for him & us.

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

His form has been abit up & down at times this season but as it stands he has the joint hightest number of clean sheets in the league, he is joint with Jensen for Lincoln but Wildsmith has played 5 less games.

So a clean sheet vs Carlisle (or Jensen conceding for Lincoln) will mean Wildsmith gets the golden glove this season which is a very good achievement for him & us.

This is a testament to Nelson and Cash for me.

Made a great save that kept us in it today, but also looked like his drink bottle was filled with vodka the state of his kicks. It's as if having time to think rattles him, but give him a quick reaction save to make he's great.

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

Made a great save that kept us in it today, but also looked like his drink bottle was filled with vodka the state of his kicks. It's as if having time to think rattles him, but give him a quick reaction save to make he's great.

Stephen Bywater mark II

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a goalkeeper distribute as poorly as he did yesterday. Luckily it didn’t matter in the end, but it was the main reason we were so under pressure second half.

Don’t know what happened to him, I was stood in line behind him and he seemed to have forgotten how to kick a football! Curtis Nelson was about to lamp him at one point I swear 😂

48 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a goalkeeper distribute as poorly as he did yesterday. Luckily it didn’t matter in the end, but it was the main reason we were so under pressure second half.

Don’t know what happened to him, I was stood in line behind him and he seemed to have forgotten how to kick a football! Curtis Nelson was about to lamp him at one point I swear 😂

Maybe not having a job next season? The pitch was awful though, don't think I've ever seen such bounce since we played on concrete pitches as kids!

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

His instinctive save also kept us in the game. That's also happened numerous times this season. Great shot stopper.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Can't it be a testament to all three of them? A testament to the whole defence, in fact the whole team including Wildsmith. 

It can be - but I think Nelson and Cashin have been better performers in their positions than I think Wildsmith has in his. I might be wrong but I don’t believe Nelson has made a single error leading to an opposition goal this year and Cashin maybe similar. 

Im happy if he’s my GK next season, I won’t lose sleep if he isn’t. 

Think Wildsmith was a lot better last season, was about feb time before I can even remember a goal that was his fault

hope he stays though, is a good keeper. Not a huge fan of some of his antics and could do with a bit more urgency!

like someone else mentions is a team award really, cash and Nelson the obvious big parts of that. All contributed though.

18 hours ago, rammieib said:

It can be - but I think Nelson and Cashin have been better performers in their positions than I think Wildsmith has in his. I might be wrong but I don’t believe Nelson has made a single error leading to an opposition goal this year and Cashin maybe similar. 

Im happy if he’s my GK next season, I won’t lose sleep if he isn’t. 

Nelson made a very shaky start from memory but has been immense the last 3 quarters of the season.

I had him down at fault for the Portsmouth first goal.

Cashin same for me, a dodgy start but, as he forged a partnership with Nelson, has been excellent. 

However, I do think back to Lincoln where Cashin has his pants round his ankles for most of the game.

Wildsmiths form has been up and down but he has more than played his part, especially considering that he saved his best performance of the season for Bolton at home.

18 hours ago, DerbyPride12 said:

Stephen Bywater was an Agent of Chaos. A completely different kind of unpredictable.

This is Bywater's back garden after he was in a dispute with his neighbours, Also using an expletive on live TV, Yes very unpredictable 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1314479/Stephen-Bywater-infuriates-neighbours-erotic-artwork.html

image.png.be588269bf9aa2ff8afadacd7a4bea3f.png

Edited by Ram-Alf

33 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nelson made a very shaky start from memory but has been immense the last 3 quarters of the season.

I had him down at fault for the Portsmouth first goal.

Cashin same for me, a dodgy start but, as he forged a partnership with Nelson, has been excellent. 

However, I do think back to Lincoln where Cashin has his pants round his ankles for most of the game.

Wildsmiths form has been up and down but he has more than played his part, especially considering that he saved his best performance of the season for Bolton at home.

Lincoln away - you're right on that being Cash worst - the pace of their striker that day had Cash on a platter. Good job their striker couldn't hit a barn door once he'd beaten him.

Agree the save against Bolton was immense - probably the best save of the season and delivered in the most crucial game of the season.