Wildsmith

Two out of contract goalkeepers from arsenal this summer Arthur Okonkwo and Karl hein.

One of these might be a good choice for us.

Another choice, Loris Karius, would be a good summer free agent choice for us.

Edited by Oldben
Added content

56 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Tend to  agree but he’s suffered quite a drop in form since first half of 22/23 season when he was literally flawless 

Yes, what do you put that down to and can he refind his 'old form'?

I suspect his situation is dependent on what division we're in, if we go up I think we'll try to sign a new keeper and either offer him the back up job or let him go.

I agree,he's been a good keeper for us and I wouldn't just throw him out but I suspect he's not really got the Paul warne love. I think Angieram mentioned he's not been offered a new contract yet.

24 minutes ago, Srg said:

Don’t know the exact words as I haven’t seen it myself, but the players are still out now and went on Instagram live and told Joe to tell everyone the good news. Sounds like he’s staying. 

found it. Either it’s coincidental and Wildsmith has signed, the piss is being taken out of Brighton rumours or someone is going Brighton. 

Wildsmith has been excellent, on the whole, since he signed with us. He signed a deal with a League One club to compete for the goalkeeping position. He wasn’t even a lock for the job when he signed initially, so I’d imagine the discussion will be that he wants to get paid as a Championship number one. The lad’s stock has never been higher and he’s coming into his prime years. I’d suspect the contract he would want is going to be vastly different to the one he originally signed.

In terms of replacements, I did notice that one of Warne’s former favourites, Marek Rodak, is out of contract at Fulham.