End of season celebrations.

On 26/04/2024 at 22:05, rammieib said:

Sadly the minority will go on the pitch. That bit is inevitable. 

I hope after ten minutes they return to their seats so the team can come back out.

Someone said do it in the directors box - that’s unfair on the players and unfair on the fans who stay in their seats.

I would like to think the players can walk around the pitch with their families with unlimited space and over the Tannoy each player can be introduced and thanked appropriately.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but that was never a minority and the players seemed to have loved it.

I know every club has it's idiot supporters but ours seemed to be done in the right spirit. What a day

I'm still buzzin

On 28/04/2024 at 15:05, Big Bad Bob said:

So do we think there will be an open top bus through derby? I'd imagine the streets would be packed. 

I hope so - with May Day weekend upon us, surely it would be a great idea.

1) Allow the fans to show their appreciation one more time

2) Allow the players and staff another chance to soak in their achievement and feel the love

3) boost the hospitality takings in town

What's not to like?

And yet over an Facebook you see people saying that an open-top bus celebration would be "an embarassment" because we "only came second". Yet we had a bus when we finished third in 2006/07 and went up via the play-offs...

3 hours ago, Sweetness34 said:

I know hindsight is 20/20 but that was never a minority and the players seemed to have loved it.

I know every club has it's idiot supporters but ours seemed to be done in the right spirit. What a day

I'm still buzzin

Agree - spirit and attitude of fans was good on Saturday and pretty much, no one did go onto the pitch until the referee blew the whistle.

I was concerned for a minute as I'm pretty sure a fan jumped on Collins back, and then when others did, he fell to the ground with a 1000 people coming his way - he seemed fine afterwards. Anyone else notice this?

Photographer here, captured some photos on my film camera of your promotion day on Saturday. Absolutely loved it, unbelievable atmosphere. It's only letting me upload two in my post on here. But the rest are on my instagram page here: https://www.instagram.com/p/C6WiJSZIpRq/?img_index=1

Hope you don't mind me sharing!

13210002.jpg

14000005.jpg