League Table since October defeat at Stevenage

These "alternative tables" are all well and good, and I guess they do help to prove any point the poster is trying to make.  And yes, it's a good point well made.  Commendable stats and all that.

What would such a table show for games played solely between 17th March and 28th March (inclusive), for example?  I'll not post it, as I have neither the skills nor the desire to do so.  #Just curious.

When all said and done, there is only one table that matters, and that's also highly commendable, as it stands.  Here's hoping (and expecting) it stays that way!  🐏

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

These "alternative tables" are all well and good, and I guess they do help to prove any point the poster is trying to make.  And yes, it's a good point well made.  Commendable stats and all that.

What would such a table show for games played solely between 17th March and 28th March (inclusive), for example?  I'll not post it, as I have neither the skills nor the desire to do so.  #Just curious.

When all said and done, there is only one table that matters, and that's also highly commendable, as it stands.  Here's hoping (and expecting) it stays that way!  🐏

What it shows is from a nadir which, figuratively speaking, had fans reaching for the revolver, the team has been on a run of 100-points a season, which is impressive by most standards, yet still not good enough for some it seems.

6 minutes ago, Crewton said:

What it shows is from a nadir which, figuratively speaking, had fans reaching for the revolver, the team has been on a run of 100-points a season, which is impressive by most standards, yet still not good enough for some it seems.

Well, that's their problem!

Why bother explaining it all to them now?  They weren't interested in listening then, so Feckham!  

Hope they enjoy their humble pie.  

... in a couple of weeks time... hopefully... etc...
👀

Another table transfermarkt have is the table by minutes. Had there been no injury time this season we also would have been top, although Pompey would have a game in hand.

17131030430597415969690119219241.jpg

16 hours ago, ram59 said:

Another table transfermarkt have is the table by minutes. Had there been no injury time this season we also would have been top, although Pompey would have a game in hand.

17131030430597415969690119219241.jpg

Given that matches go over the 90 by some 5 to 10% I really don't see the point of that table!

21 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

League Table since October defeat at Stevenage - just for the current top 6

image.png.d5e659ba8cd1c0936dd19586a41b30aa.png

Interesting; so what happened? Or is it just a coincidence? I recall we lost at Stevenage, fans were unhappy, Hourihane entered into a heated discussion with fans, Mr Clowes gave the Pom-pommed one the vote of confidence and the rest is history. 
So what does the table mean? 
My take on where Derby are headed…On balance, we should get auto from this point but I’m not taking it for granted. So if we do,  am I confident of our next season? I have to say I’m not. I’m not confident because I think our current blend of football is not capable of producing sufficient goals in open play at Championship level. It may be considered bad timing to have this discussion now, but that’s what I see ahead. So, if and when we get there, it’s going to be intriguing. 

17 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

My take on where Derby are headed…On balance, we should get auto from this point but I’m not taking it for granted. So if we do,  am I confident of our next season? I have to say I’m not. I’m not confident because I think our current blend of football is not capable of producing sufficient goals in open play at Championship level. It may be considered bad timing to have this discussion now, but that’s what I see ahead. So, if and when we get there, it’s going to be intriguing. 

I think the time to have this discussion is over the summer. The time to be worried is mid-August if we haven't bought anyone in.

Imagine what we would say about Forest Fans if they were in this position talking about next season.

33 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Interesting; so what happened? Or is it just a coincidence? I recall we lost at Stevenage, fans were unhappy, Hourihane entered into a heated discussion with fans, Mr Clowes gave the Pom-pommed one the vote of confidence and the rest is history. 
So what does the table mean? 

Find it really strange that people try to predict what we will do next season without even knowing what personnel we will have.

Really interesting. Stevenage was the major low point of the season, the point where most of us thought we need a change of direction as otherwise we’re going to be stuck here for years. The response from the staff and the players has been immense and we’re now on the cusp of promotion. That to me says we have bottle, resilience and clearly a group of players who are playing for their manager, and/or have the self motivation to not accept our performances at that time being good enough and actually do something to change it.

Next season is next season. There will be a turnover of players we will have a bigger budget and I think next season will be the time we can truly say this is Warne’s team. He’s proven he’s the right man for now whether he’s the right man for the future jury is out.

33 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Find it really strange that people try to predict what we will do next season without even knowing what personnel we will have.

... Or what division we'll be in!  

17 hours ago, De22Ram said:

If we had ebou from the start and not so many injuries we would have won the league imo! 🐏🐏

If we’d played football and used midfield all season instead of “whack it wide and cross it”, we’d have been top yonks and yonks ago.

2 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

If we’d played football and used midfield all season instead of “whack it wide and cross it”, we’d have been top yonks and yonks ago.

Would we? Does that style of play suit our top scorer James Collins?

What about our second top goal scorer NML? Most of his goal contributions have come from out wide haven't they?

Not saying that the way we play is brilliant or anything but a change to the style that you have suggested pretty much negates most of attacking threat, the one that has us as 4th top goal scorers this season I hasten to add...

Impressive run and everyone at the club deserves credit for it, not least the owner for sticking with the manager despite what seemed at the time a large portion of the fans wanting him gone, me included. 

Still have some doubts long term (probably more so if we go up than if we don’t perversely) but full credit to Warne for turning it around from where we were. Deserves next season however this season finishes, in my opinion.

Way too soon to think about next season. We still don't KNOW which League we'll be in. More than half the squad is out of contract this summer. How anyone can say we won't this or can't that is way premature. The current squad and style probably won't work in the SBC. However, if we do go up you can expect 10 out and as many in and feasibly a change of style as PW has found out, to his cost on 2 occasions, what DOENS'T work in the SBC. Hopefully we'll have decent financial backing and be able to put together more of a footballing side capable of going wide and putting crosses in AND playing through the middle on the floor AND playing balls into the channels. The best teams can do all 3...