League Table since October defeat at Stevenage

1 hour ago, plymouthram said:

I watched the Portsmouth v Barnsley game on I-Follow last week, Pompey won 3-2 coming from behind. I thought that Barnsley were the better team and Portsmouth's 83rd minute penalty was a dodgy call. That was their 13th penalty scored this season, only Wycombe can match that amount of luck with officials dishing out spot kicks.

If and it's not a big if, the game was drawn or even won by Barnsley the title would still be on for Derby. I look at last season with Plymouth grinding out results when being outplayed and Ipswich grabbing 2nd spot with ease. I feel, even though Pompey are champs, they are not the best equipped side for the Championship next season. Could we get a similar situation next season with Ipswich flying high and Plymouth struggling this season. Could Derby do well next season and Portsmouth struggle ?

I’m not sure this side is going to achieve what Ipswich has. We’ve been quite effective at times but flat at others, we don’t control midfield often either which could hurt us higher up. Adam’s and smith doing much better recently though.

Ipswich had much more an attacking style of play and a system, I’m not sure we’re that polished.

think we’ll stay hard to beat, need some additions in centre mid and up front and think will be pretty comfortably mid table.

5 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Final post Stevenage update - outstanding figures for the Rams

In that 32 league game period, we scored 57, conceded 22

Won 22, Drawn 5, Lost 5

image.png.021aa4c33707ee0b0dcf9bfbff18f8b6.png

Shame we had a bad start or we’d have had it sown up by Easter. Maybe the refs calmed down on their dodgy decisions around that time as well.

Pretty remarkable really. Over the course of the season that’s 102 points, Bolton would have finished on 83 so we could’ve had it tied up after 40 games.

For at least 2 of those games we played with no fit strikers and lost back-to-back, so that figure could have been even higher.

Some effort from everybody involved.

10 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Just 4 goals conceded in the last 11 games - and 2 of those were at Portsmouth

The defending has been absolutely heroic, despite the fact that all of our proper FBs have had lengthy periods out injured. Cash and Nelson's fitness and form has been utterly vital and it's fitting that they scooped major awards.