Match Thread: Wycombe (a)

14 minutes ago, Warren Blufitt said:

Posh and Bolton may not get maximum points as you say but are you assuming Derby will? Any one of the 3 can now take the second automatic spot so it’s going to be who gets the luck, refs decisions or has the bottle to win the games remaining. You pays your money and you takes your choice. 🙂

I would never assume anything with Derby , but I can hope .

All I meant was there will be a couple more twists and turns in the next few weeks and let’s hope they are favourable for us 🤞

Whatever we were playing resulted in 2 great chances being created and squandered so it was effective to some extent.

But as @DavesaRamand @Ellafellahave alluded to it was another game where the clear plan was to avoid playing on the deck through midfield which I just don’t understand.

The ball from Smith to NML was a beauty but suspect he was off-script.

Yes, missed chances but PW to blame overall tonight imo.

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Simple but obvious question; why should we?

If we were that consistent then we'd already be promoted as Champions.

As another poster has already said maybe we're just not that good. 

We can be good though. The Portsmouth game we looked organised moved the ball and although not exactly controlling the game we looked dangerous as we do when we let other teams have the ball. Every time we face a team who let us have it we struggle to break teams down by being one dimensional. Everyone knows our game plan is get it wide just stick 2 players on the wide man and you nullify derby. When Gayle came in and we played the fluid 3 of barks nml and Gayle we played in various ways we went through the middle. As soon as Collins comes back in we revert back to the other game plan 

5 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

NML can always make something happen and he has been our best attacking player this season, so in Warne’s eyes, almost definitely.

He is as important to us this year as McGoldrick was last year.

Agree with you , but he didn’t finish last season strongly , and we could need him for 6 more games if we go into the Play-off lottery.

Just now, Barney1991 said:

We can be good though. The Portsmouth game we looked organised moved the ball and although not exactly controlling the game we looked dangerous as we do when we let other teams have the ball. Every time we face a team who let us have it we struggle to break teams down by being one dimensional. Everyone knows our game plan is get it wide just stick 2 players on the wide man and you nullify derby. When Gayle came in and we played the fluid 3 of barks nml and Gayle we played in various ways we went through the middle. As soon as Collins comes back in we revert back to the other game plan 

But not that consistently good or otherwise we'd have been promoted as Champions by now. 

3 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

Not read through, don't have the strength. 

That was f****** appalling.

Collo might as well have taken my dog for a walk, and taken CBT with him.

I'm not going to go off on one...it's not changing anything...but that was reeeeally f****** appalling.

They'd have probably come back without it

33 minutes ago, SSD said:

"They're all difficult games in League One"

Absolutely infuriating listening to that. If it's that difficult now, good luck playing Watford, West Brom etc every week. Christ.

I imagine we'll have a slightly different team if that comes to pass.

But weren't 99% of the posters on here saying before the game that Wycombe would be a difficult opponent for us?

15 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

NML can always make something happen and he has been our best attacking player this season, so in Warne’s eyes, almost definitely.

He is as important to us this year as McGoldrick was last year.

No goals in 10 and not producing at the moment, he has been woeful the last few games, yet been our attacking spark all season. 
I wouldn’t have a clue if to play him or drop him 

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

Agree with you , but he didn’t finish last season strongly , and we could need him for 6 more games if we go into the Play-off lottery.

CBT is the worry for me.

He looked very bright v Blackpool and then played his best game so far for us v Portsmouth. Then tonight he regressed.

I really thought tonight would be the night he came to the party. He won’t get a better chance.

He is clearly a confidence player and he is clearly playing within himself much of the time since joining us. Perhaps he is overwhelmed by the pressure to impress. There is certainly a feeling of that.

I am not often critical of Warne and the coaches, but perhaps they could be managing him better, because something is not right.

8 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

CBT is the worry for me.

He looked very bright v Blackpool and then played his best game so far for us v Portsmouth. Then tonight he regressed.

I really thought tonight would be the night he came to the party. He won’t get a better chance.

He is clearly a confidence player and he is clearly playing within himself much of the time since joining us. Perhaps he is overwhelmed by the pressure to impress. There is certainly a feeling of that.

I am not often critical of Warne and the coaches, but perhaps they could be managing him better, because something is not right.

Hes a winger playing in L1. He’s not going to be consistent.

Just now, Sean said:

That game turned out exactly how I thought it would and yet everyone on here is stunned. Wycombe are horrible to play against. CBT should have scored but I still think we can do enough in the last three games.

What did they do that was 'horrible'. Well their defence looked fairly 'horrible' true. From that first early mess up where they nearly scored an own goal. But what else did they do that was 'horrible'?

10 minutes ago, Gary Teale said:

No goals in 10 and not producing at the moment, he has been woeful the last few games, yet been our attacking spark all season. 
I wouldn’t have a clue if to play him or drop him 

With CBT still finding his feet and Ward and Barkhuizen often getting injured, I think Warne sees no other choice but to play him.

There’s not really an alternative, especially as Nyambe and Forsyth being out pushes Wilson and Sibley into playing more defensive roles than we would ideally want.

41 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Just got back from a very long and emotional day... not bothering to catch up on the finer details on here, but a quick check of the page number alone kind of hinted towards a negative aspect to the result...  now confirmed after an equally quick check of the beeb results page.
I'm guessing it's been an equally long and emotional evening for you all.  

Fingers crossed for a positive Saturday to come... we simply need to "Go again".

🐏

It's 43 pages of the merits and contractual position of my shiny new DFS motorised recliner........

Wish now I'd got it on loan and could send it back. Sadly the returns window has closed.....