Match Thread: Wycombe (a)

1 minute ago, Paultheram said:

We haven’t lost tonight!

This is a point gained and I’m sure there are going to be plenty more twists and turns before the end of season.

We have got barks (more fitness), bird and ward most likely back for the next game

we will still do this!

Its not a point gained in my eyes its just cancelling out the point I didn't expect at Portsmouth. 

12 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

A point isn't awful? Now it's out of our hands and we are playing catching up with Bolton,  they have a game in hand and can go above with that game , pathetic 

Bolton have to play arguably the best two sides in the league in Portsmouth and Peterborough.

If Bolton lose on Saturday and we win, it’s back in our hands…plenty of twists and turns yet. 

2 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Its funny how you can say how bad the football is all season and get slated for being negative and all this paul warne knows how to get out the league, to where because we dont win everyone agrees 😂 said it for ages warne should of been gone ages ago 

We looked all over the place at times but blame still lies with the players for me, gutless performance and can't excuse those missed chances.

4 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Have to somehow win our last 3 games and hope Bolton and Peterborough don’t win all their games. They can even draw one and if we keep our GD higher we will go up. Need a big performance Saturday. 

If we will our last three games and they both draw one of their games goal difference won't come into it.

I’m usually one trying to be rational about these things, but that performance at this time of the season bordered disgusting for me. Lazy passing, headless running, poor touches…and that was just Kane Wilson who gave one of the worst performances I’ve seen in a derby shirt this season. Don’t like singling out players for criticism, rarely do it, but for all his ‘Jack the lad’ persona not enough quality shines through when it matters. 

Within the context of the season and where we are, it was shockingly bad. I could have wax lyrical for hours about how good Derby were last week and every inch of praise was deserved. They lost all that goodwill tonight.

I’ve got very little more I can say, it’s not that they haven’t won but the attitude/performance for where we are in the season was so below par.

Poor performance, but not totally unexpected. I would say that's roughly our average level of performance over the season - we simply are not a good football team to watch. 

Let's see how the weekend plays out before hitting the panic button, If we can get to a four point cushion over Bolton then we should get over the line. It's been jarring watching us since Gayle got injured, it honestly really has. 

3 minutes ago, Paultheram said:

They can’t win all their games as they play each other.

so derby to win all 3!

Just need P’Boro to still have a chance last game of season or they’ll rest their players for the playoffs and give Bolton the win.

Edited by GeneralRam

5 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Agreed.

But also we were such a stupid team ...no game management/understanding at all.

Stupid off-sides, terrible free-kicks, shooting that was eye-bleedingly bad, poor anticipation,  giving away free kicks, passing to nobody, running into dead-ends... on and on... just amateurish.

Warne has to take responsibility today, failure to go up and I wouldn't cry if we decided he'd had his chance and looked elsewhere. 

Agree with the first part in every way but that is on the players

its not warnes fault cbt can miss from a yard, or that our main man nml has a stinker and cant hit the target when clean through, or washington an experienced centre forward kept getting caught offside.
the players have performed much better in terms of doing the basics before a lot had an off day and  played well below par 

sibley and wilson were ducking terrible with the ball tonight… thats not on the gaffer thats about individuals taking responsibility

7 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Sadly Portsmouth will have secured 1st place and taken their foot off the gas when they play Bolton, who will therefore take 2nd place!

It should be Portsmouth fighting for 2nd place, not us.

How does that work? They play each other next and after our draw Portsmouth can confirm promotion and the league by winning…if anything they should be more up for it. 

7 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Sadly Portsmouth will have secured 1st place and taken their foot off the gas when they play Bolton, who will therefore take 2nd place!

It should be Portsmouth fighting for 2nd place, not us.

They're going to take their foot off the gas in a game where they can secure the title? Interesting take.

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Some predictably reactionary comments after a goalless away draw.

If we'd have got beaten jeez, doesn't even bear worth thinking about. Teddies flying out of prams all over the forum. 

I would normally agree but tonight was especially poor.

Arguably the worst performance of the season given the significance of the game.

1 minute ago, Grumpy Git said:

CBT was bringing-out his inner Conor Sammon tonight. Dreadful, dreadful miss (of the season).

Worse he then went missing !! Mentally weak and scared to play. 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Some predictably reactionary comments after a goalless away draw.

If we'd have got beaten jeez, doesn't even bear worth thinking about. Teddies flying out of prams all over the forum. 

We were terrible and we no longer have control of our own destiny, I think it's pretty normal to be pissed off no?