Anything positive going into The Blackpool match?

I have to admit that the defeat today along with news on NML and Fozz has left me lower than a snakes belly.

We are down to the bare bones and confidence will be low going in to the next match.

We are all hoping that Collins will make a miracle return and NML has nothing more than a dead leg. Even then the rest of the team is a patchwork quilt. 

What a difference 2 matches makes as we had a strong front 3 going into the Bolton match.

In terms of anything positive:

CBT must start and must produce. This is his chance and he must take it.

Has to be a 4-3-3

If Collo isn't ready then go with Washington. Waggy is good to bring off the bench but not start.

Midfield 3 of Ebu, Smith and Thompson

Back 4 with Elder and Ward.

Front 3 to incl Wilson.

Oh, and plenty of flags and noise...

Edited by Ram a lamb a ding dong

2 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

I have to admit that the defeat today along with news on NML and Fozz has left me lower than a snakes belly.

We are down to the bare bones and confidence will be low going in to the next match.

We are all hoping that Collins will make a miracle return and NML has nothing more than a dead leg. Even then the rest of the team is a patchwork quilt. 

What a difference 2 matches makes as we had a strong front 3 going into the Bolton match.

Has to be a 4-3-3

If Collo isn't ready then go with Washington. Waggy is good to bring off the bench but not start.

Front 3 to incl Wilson.

I said yesterday if we lost and picked up another 2 injuries we'd be at a point where  5 wins in 6 would be unobtainable.  We're there now.  Their own fault against very limited opposition.

13 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Has to be a 4-3-3

Front 3 to incl Wilson.

Thought Waghorn was pretty poor today. Washington barely touched it. 

Also forgot how many terrible dead balls we took and the ridiculous amount of offsides we give away...

Hang on, I was trying to think about positives and it triggered more nightmares.

Adams was really slack with his passing, Wilson just didn't get on the ball in the right position,  Thompson reverted to energetic terrier chasing a balloon, CBT kept turning back onto his right foot.. even Cashin and Nelson were careless at times.

The only positive is that when we have been this bad, we seem able to Jekyll and Hyde it and be good again next time.

Edited by Chester40

What about the huge gigantic positive we’re a net 2nd whatever happens with games in hand with 6 games left!!! That’s an excellent position to be in, let’s face it had we won today some fans would literally be popping the champagne corks thinking it’s done. Today is hugely frustrating but nothing more given the position we were in before the game, it’s in our hands.

Injuries are a blow and hope NML isn’t too bad but positives, CBT looked good, Collo is soon to be back, and injury/suspension means he probably has to play a back 4 now for the final few games.

Edited by BramcoteRam84

Obviously the worst case scenario is we lose every game but don’t think that’s going to happen, so realistic worst case is we take 10 points from remaining 6 games, draw and defeat next weekend, defeat to the Wycombe scumbags (god I would love some pay back there), then win the last 3. That gives us 88 which with our GD means 89 will be needed. This means Bolton need 15 from their last 7 (which includes Stevenage A Pompey H Posh A) and Posh need 18 from their last 8 (which includes Orient A Oxford A Bolton H), all teams are also playing teams in heat of relegation battle which will make it difficult. I personally think anything over 89 points will start to make things difficult for others especially if we maintain our GD advantage.

Its going to go to the last game whereas if we’d won yesterday think we’d have had the chance to seal the deal early!! We’ll know a lot more next weekend but still nothing will be decided. Lots more twists and turns ahead.

Yes plenty of positives.

After we lost to Stevenage and Shrewsbury in October, if someone said with 6 games to go you'll be 4 points clear of 3rd. Every one of us would have taken it.

Infact every single one of us would have probably taken Bolton's position after those games.

Yes yesterday was poor, but if we'd taken those huge chances we win that game comfortably and we go away happy. 

We have more than enough to beat Blackpool at home. Bolton have a tricky game at Stevenage. Who knows we could be 7 points clear by next Friday night. 

Wycombe away is 2 and a half weeks away. We could have Gayle, Barkhuizen back for then.

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I said yesterday if we lost and picked up another 2 injuries we'd be at a point where  5 wins in 6 would be unobtainable.  We're there now.  Their own fault against very limited opposition.

I think we probably only need four wins but that doesn’t fill me with much more confidence. One thing is petty much certain, the first one needs to come on Friday.

23 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I think we probably only need four wins but that doesn’t fill me with much more confidence. One thing is petty much certain, the first one needs to come on Friday.

Yep regards Friday. 

Should be beating Cambridge and Carlisle so just need to win against a cup final tired Wycombe or Leyton Orient. 

As @MACKWORTHRAM states by Wycombe we could have Gayle, Barkz and Collins available. Just need NML’s injury to not be serious and we’re still in with a chance. 

watching the highlights there were a few chances, some missed and some cleared off the line

on another day we play badly a score a couple of those and win 2-1, we'd all be saying we don't care how we win long as we get the points at this stage 

Also the other top 6 teams have a tendency to f*** up just as much as we do 

Blackpool will come and pass us off the park, my only hope is that we can pack the defence, midfield and hope for a lucky 1-0 win.

My expectation is that this will lead to a significant home loss that will turn 30,000 supporters into executioners.

21 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Blackpool will come and pass us off the park, my only hope is that we can pack the defence, midfield and hope for a lucky 1-0 win.

My expectation is that this will lead to a significant home loss that will turn 30,000 supporters into executioners.

You should read their forum, then you might have a different view. Some of their posters hate Critchley's football as much as some of ours hate Warne's and even our performance yesterday hasn't turned them into raging optimists.

There's still a win here for us if we defend well.