Anything positive going into The Blackpool match?

16 minutes ago, Crewton said:

You should read their forum, then you might have a different view. Some of their posters hate Critchley's football as much as some of ours hate Warne's and even our performance yesterday hasn't turned them into raging optimists.

There's still a win here for us if we defend well.

There absolutely is and with Nelson and Cashin we have an opportunity to keep it nil in any game, at this level, but without NML we lose a lot going forward. CBT has an opportunity. I just hated what I saw from Derby yesterday, as I said in the matchday chat, the first 30mins was like a bad Sunday league game. Mansfield and Colchester were on Sky before our game started and it was night and day between what both Northampton and Derby produced.

My problem under Warne is that there has never been any control to what we’re doing. It’s all forced, erratic football. He made the point that the championship is easier to manage in because it’s all coached, League One throws up different challenges. My opinion would be to at least try and offer some controlled possession to our play and not always play the percentages. 

13 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

What about the huge gigantic positive we’re a net 2nd whatever happens with games in hand with 6 games left!!! That’s an excellent position to be in, let’s face it had we won today some fans would literally be popping the champagne corks thinking it’s done. Today is hugely frustrating but nothing more given the position we were in before the game, it’s in our hands.

Injuries are a blow and hope NML isn’t too bad but positives, CBT looked good, Collo is soon to be back, and injury/suspension means he probably has to play a back 4 now for the final few games.

There are 3 frustrations really....

- our once rock-solid defence with umpty-three consecutive clean sheets seems a thing of distant memory.

- our manager repeating often made mistakes ie a midfield 2 including Hourihane

- our misfortune with injuries and because we haven't blooded any academy players how exposed the squad is

15 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I said yesterday if we lost and picked up another 2 injuries we'd be at a point where  5 wins in 6 would be unobtainable.  We're there now.  Their own fault against very limited opposition.

I doubt we need 5 wins   There will be twists and turns      Strong performance at home next time out and things will look very different.

but of course if we make automatic promotion we miss the thrill of the play offs ! 

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

There are 3 frustrations really....

- our once rock-solid defence with umpty-three consecutive clean sheets seems a thing of distant memory.

- our manager repeating often made mistakes ie a midfield 2 including Hourihane

- our misfortune with injuries and because we haven't blooded any academy players how exposed the squad is

Didn’t we have 3 clean sheets out of the last 4 before yesterday? 

Our best period of the game in the first half Hourihane was orchestrating it. Not really sure what other midfield he could’ve picked with the injury situation. The injury situation definitely isn’t helping - it’s horrific.

Everyone bangs on about not blooding youngsters. Maybe as bucko said they’ve not taken the opportunity. I’ve seen people think Cybulski should’ve been given a run - he’s now playing non-league. You can also play youngsters too early e.g Whittaker.

We weren’t on it yesterday but still could’ve won on chances. We move on and hope for performances like against Vale Bristol and Reading where we were excellent and played nice football in those games 

Positives? That if we go up that will be the best way to rub that cocky Northamptons mascots dragon face in the dirt - if we don’t go up then next season I’m taking a bag of mouldy fruit and sewage to throw at it…

20 minutes ago, LN747 said:

Positives? That if we go up that will be the best way to rub that cocky Northamptons mascots dragon face in the dirt - if we don’t go up then next season I’m taking a bag of mouldy fruit and sewage to throw at it…

Bricks are less fuss to source and easier to carry

26 minutes ago, LN747 said:

That mascot was annoying. At half time an ambulance appeared in the corner opposite us and the dragon shot off towards it and I did not see him in the 2nd half . Couldn’t have been that little slap that Mendez gave him?

33 minutes ago, LN747 said:

That was a first, I don’t think I’ve ever swore at a dragon before ☺️

Plenty of positives. We are 4 points clear, we have a home game, some decent players and a large attendance to cheer us on. Also its highly likely that the teams below us will drop points and suffer wobbles, just as we have.

Lets get behind the team B4 style and push on. Moaners and boo boys are not welcome.