Match Thread: vs Northampton Town (a)

59 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

He’s gotten better at LWB agreed but he’s not good enough upfront, certainly when CBT has come in for a decent fee and had very good statistics for Charlton earlier this season.

Warne’s problem in my opinion is that he never seems to get the midfield right, how on earth did he think that Thompson could play as a deep lying number 10 when he’s basically just an ankle biter.

No idea. 

Today was awful, poor from first to last! Bradley really let us down, not sure I want to see him play again.

hourihane was awful as well.

changing to a back four seemed an obvious change but felt Warne had a bad day today after a few good weeks.

need a reaction friday

3 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Like Wilson but was awful today

He's always looks better in the latter third against tiring defenders.  He can't defend himself.  Thought he was ok for 20 mins and was clearly fouled for their goal.  The bloke who was marking him was utter tripe and he should have had more joy

Here we go, the world has caved in for some after today’s defeat, just as it did after back to back defeats and awful performances to Barnsley and Charlton just a few weeks ago. How did we respond? By winning 4 in a row, including our 3 best performances of the season back to back before Bolton. We’re still in a fantastic position, it’s in our hands with 6 games to go and we have enough winnable games to get over the line. 

We were never going to win all these games points were always going to be dropped and will be dropped by other teams. Frustrating as it’s an opportunity missed just like Barnsley and Charlton were but that would’ve been a ridiculous run of wins at this stage in the season. 

That said other than 15 minutes in the first half before they scored when we couldve scored 3 we were poor today, one of those days where you need to take your chances and hopefully sneak a win. We barely conceded a chance and the ref played a huge part in their goal so while we didn’t play well I certainly don’t think we deserved to lose. 

Massive weekend ahead as it was always going to be. 4 points would be good and set us up well for the final 4 games. Think todays result means we need to beat Wycombe away now which will be tricky but it’s ours to lose. Hope we can get enough forward players fit to get us over the line, although thought CBT was a bright spark today and this could be his time. We need him.

COYR!! 🐏🐏🐏🐏

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

OK. Have your way. The players did absolutely nothing wrong and can put any poor defending, missed passes, failure to create and convert any chances etc. entirely down to Warne. 

I don’t agree with throwing players under the bus but I find it bizarre to suggest they were completely blameless for today’s poor performance.

Actually I've calmed down a bit, and the players did let themselves down, and the let the club down, and more than that they let the fans down. So apologies, your point accepted.

But it was underpinned by the tactics used today, which were woeful. When it has taken this far into the season to find that we need a third man in midfield, especially if Hourihane has to be in there (I don't remember Richi Sunack passing a law that he must always play unless injured, but it would seem to be the case), only to go with a two today. It crippled us,  especially when he took Adams off, not Hourrihane. And I don't know if you noticed or not, but we were back to the "whack it ide and lob it into the box" methodology that has never worked, and that didn't work today. When as players you know there is a much better way to play, and that you are capable of winning if only we would do it, but are forced into this sort of crapology, is it any wonder they were a bit half-arsed? Yes the players were poor, but they'd had their hamstrings snipped as they walked onto the pitch today.

4 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

We now likely have to beat Portsmouth to go up. Our chances of promotion have taken a huge dent.

One of Bolton, Peterborough or Barnsley will win all their remaining games. We now have to win all of ours. To lose that game today, with the chance to go 7 points clear, can be described as nothing else than bottling it.

You'll have to let us know how much you win. I assume you will be lumping on all 3 teams to win all of their games, safe in the knowledge only 1 would need to do it to net you a very tidy profit.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You'll have to let us know how much you win. I assume you will be lumping on all 3 teams to win all of their games, safe in the knowledge only 1 would need to do it to net you a very tidy profit.

I was able to jump on the betfair exchange and lay (bet against) Derby getting promoted £133 returns £240 profit. I bet against Derby every game anyway, but I lost £80 on the Bolton game alone so this just seems like a more stable way of monetising my depression.

At the game today.

Can't help but feel that this could / will be the defining game of the season against a very poor Northampton team lacking several first choice players and on a bad run of form.

A complete no show from 1 to 16. Add the NML injury and Bradley's stupid sending off and I fear the worse.

It's the Derby way nothing ever straight forward !!

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I never bet on anything related to Derby - neither for nor against. But I think there’s a pretty decent chance one of the three manages it - most likely Peterborough.

5 hours ago, strawhillram said:

Another player. Are they being pushed too hard in training or not warming up/down properly

NML has played too many minutes. There have been so many games where we could have taken him off but instead kept him on for 90 mins. And the way he’s played he’s so frequently isolated and having to do it all the work himself 

Fozzy was the same foolishness. Should have been at CB all season.

This is not just said with the benefit of hindsight 

42 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Sibley has had enough chances to show us what he can do in his preferred position, a run of games would probably do him good no doubt but he’s a squad player at best for me. 

I imagine he's one of those that looks unbelievable in training but for whatever reason it just never clicks for him on the pitch. 

3 hours ago, Finch said:

Bradley reincarnation of ClaudeDavies. Possibly worse. 

You obviously never saw Claude Davis play for Derby - and he cost a fifth of our transfer budget.

11 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

NML has played too many minutes. There have been so many games where we could have taken him off but instead kept him on for 90 mins. And the way he’s played he’s so frequently isolated and having to do it all the work himself 

Fozzy was the same foolishness. Should have been at CB all season.

This is not just said with the benefit of hindsight 

Thought the same with Gayle last week.  He was being asked to press the goalie and was running 30 yards at pace to do so every time he had the ball at feet.  I said he'll pull up here soon. Hey presto 5 minutes later.