Match Thread: vs Bristol Rovers (a)

On 03/03/2024 at 23:09, Ramslad1992 said:

This screams 0-1 Martin winner… bloody hope I’m wrong! 😂 

7 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Hopefully if Martin has anything about him he'll drop a stinker.

Their seasons all but over, so he has nothing to gain from putting in a performance against a team whose fans love him. 

Well, he's cost us an auto promotion once already, so I wouldn't put it past him doing it again.

👀

#rememberburnley
#ofcourseyoudo
#whocouldeverforgetit
#tellB4i'monlyjoking
#etc.

Wildsmith

Nelson   Bradley   Cashin

Ward    Bird    Adams    Sibley

Mendez-Laing        CBT 

Gayle

CBT looked good when he came on Saturday so I’d give him a start.

1972 my first game, interestingly at Bramall Lane where we hammered em 0-4 Cloughies Barmy Army, me dad loved him👌

P.G Wodehouse pre match presser, interviewed by Vicky Pollard.

Ah, the stage is set for a splendid showdown at the Memorial Ground in Bristol, a city renowned for its towering IKEA emporium, though on Saturday, the concerns of the Rams faithful will be of a different wardrobe altogether.

As Rovers perch mid-table, a pall of despondency descends upon the countenance of their manager, Matt Taylor, reminiscent of a gentleman fumbling about with a lighted candle in search of a gas leak – a perilous endeavor indeed. Our bobble-hatted maestro, Warne, ever the optimist, is poised to liken Rovers to the greats of Brazil, whilst harbouring hopes of fielding an unchanged lineup and avoiding being gassed out in the face of the Gas.

All eyes will be trained on CBT, eager for a display that truly befits his talent, and young Adams, akin to a bulldog denied a morsel of cake, prowling with determined energy .

The prospect of a sold-out away end promises to infuse the atmosphere with a vigour not typically found in these parts, where even a snail’s clearing of its throat can reverberate for miles – though I must confess, I never said nothing about nothing. Jeeves, ever the sage, forecasts a triumphant three points, yet his wistful gaze drifts towards Blackpool, Exeter, Lincoln and Burton with the endless longing of a man hoping that they don't give us no evils.

Edited by hintonsboots

Looking forward to the trip. It was at this match last year that I found myself sitting next to B4 for the first time, although I was too shy to tell him I knew who he was! Ultimately it was because of him that I started posting after years of reading, as I wanted to pay my respects. So here's to B4, thanks for getting me involved, and if you can, three points would go down nicely. 

9 hours ago, europia said:

Would have thought the club could afford to shell out for a bit of media coaching for the players. 

Here we go again. Accounts just come out showing our losses but we want media training for our players! 

Louie will have had exactly the same training as Bird and Cashin, both of whom are articulate and calm when interviewed.

Louie is obviously not comfortable in front of the camera and just says obviously instead of er.... it's hardly a biggie, is it? 

P.S. Has anybody noticed how many times Richie Barker used the same word in his interview? Co-incidence?

Obviously! 

Really is a bit of a lottery trying to predict today's team.

Firstly- who's fit,  and who is worth risking. Niambe,  Forsyth,  Waghorn, Bird all are potential starters who may or may not be fit.

Then- what formation are we playing? 5 at the back I'm guessing...

Then is it an attacking set of wing backs or not? Do we play 3 up top or 2?

And finally who is out of form, better as an impact player..

Guessing/wouid be happy with :

Wildsmith

Nelson Bradley Cashin

Adams Smith

Ward Sibley

NML Gayle Barks