Match Thread: vs Bristol Rovers (a)

51 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

My grandad used to tell how some of the fans would grab the (bowlers) hat, when there was a crowd cheer, and pull it down over the hat wearers ears! 😄

You listening 🐏 fans 🎩

Would have much preferred to see Smith or Thompson over Hourihane, especially after his performance in the Barnsley game. Still quietly confident today as we've beaten these already at home and we're much better away this season.

I won’t be following this game today as I am a family function but I fear for us given the set up. We look exposed in the middle. Even though we won’t want to play there the Gas will.  Hopefully Gayle or NML can score to give us a chance of 3 points. Up the Rams 🐏

Don’t get 5 at the back when 4 went well for most of the season. Can only think it’s about giving star signing Bradley a game. I hope Warne isnt jeopardising a season for the sake of keeping Bradley sweet. The rest of the season isn’t about keeping what we have, it’s about being ultra positive and going for the jugular.

Edited by Matchday Fred

2 minutes ago, Matchday Fred said:

Don’t get 5 at the back when 4 went well for most of the season. Can only think it’s about giving star signing Bradley a game. I hope Warne isnt jeopardising a season for the sake of keeping Bradley sweet. The rest of the season isn’t about keeping what we have, it’s about being ultra positive and going for the jugular.

We won well last week using this formation, our first choice and second choice left back are injured, our first choice right back is injured, we haven’t got much depth at CF due to injury….. There’s more to consider than just a dig at Bradley (who’s done well enough recently) or Warne. Maybe it is just to get Bradley in the side, but it’s worth considering other factors could also be relevant.

In my opinion this system gives us a defensive platform and some attacking options so it’s not the end of the world, provided it brings results of course.