Paul Warne

Day

8 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Posters on both sides of the fence can be just as irritating.
It’s probably a given that if you are Pro Warne you’d get irritated by those most anti-Warne, and if you’re anti-Warne you’d get irritated by those most pro-Warne….and for everyone who’s somewhere in between…. it’s all quite irritating. 

Sitting on a fence is very irritating, you get splinters up yer bum.

2 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Sitting on a fence is very irritating, you get splinters up yer bum.

I don’t find it irritating from a personal perspective, but I appreciate that some of my posts may be (rarely my intent), and also appreciate that there’s a nice cushion on my section of fence less impacted by the travel and financial commitments affecting others.

I have the stance that Warne is the manager for now, and that’s that. I accept it’s the present situation and will make the most of that until such time as it changes, he’s got some good qualities, and he’s clearly got some faults. I can tolerate it, especially if he delivers a promotion this season.

18 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Hurrah! I think the admins need to take a bit of a grip as the forum is being ruined by a minority.

Hold on. you spent last night constantly shouting take that moaners.

If you were chatting with a stranger in a pub and had a disagreement, normally cordial, about tactics, managers etc of Derby County and we won 3-0 and you went up to that person on a regular basis screaming take that moaner, you'd certainly get a response.

We all do it, i have, but I won't then polish my halo whilst trying to hide the Devils tail. Your a perpetrator of our own misery.

12 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I don’t find it irritating from a personal perspective, but I appreciate that some of my posts may be (rarely my intent), and also appreciate that there’s a nice cushion on my section of fence less impacted by the travel and financial commitments affecting others.

I have the stance that Warne is the manager for now, and that’s that. I accept it’s the present situation and will make the most of that until such time as it changes, he’s got some good qualities, and he’s clearly got some faults. I can tolerate it, especially if he delivers a promotion this season.

Actually my post wasn't a dig at anyone, it was meant to be funny and point out that fences are a menace. But I understand your sentiment

Edited by BathRam72

The home performances are the main moan i think. Its not pretty at all and we have seen some proper poor displays. But a manager will get away with anything if we win. Simple as that really. If we had won 1-0 v Shrewsbury its a whole new outlook. Im not a Warne fan but i want to see Derby County win. Thats the bottom line. Last night we got both. Happy Days. 

Just now, BathRam72 said:

Actually my post wasn't a dig at anyone, it was meant to be funny and point out that fences are a menace. But I understand you sentiment

I didn’t take it as a dig, again sorry if that’s how it came across, was just expanding on why I feel I’m more or a fence sitter than firmly in either camp, though I reckon it’s a fair comment to suggest I’m closer along said fence to “Camp Warne in”.

Fences are indeed a menace, but we need them to keep the riff raff out and the dinosaurs under control

45 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It’s probably a given that if you are Pro Warne you’d get irritated by those most anti-Warne, and if you’re anti-Warne you’d get irritated by those most pro-Warne….and for everyone who’s somewhere in between…. it’s all quite irritating. 

There's not really that much that gets posted which is really "Pro-Warne" as such, you still rarely see any well constructed posts that actually explain why they think he's the right man for the long term etc, or give evidence that actually proves people's concrns unfounded. You do get the odd PR statement full of ifs, buts and maybes designed to make people doubt what they've seen with their own eyes, of course.

Perhaps that's because the evidence doesn't or can't really exist yet (until we are in the Champiuonship with him), or perhaps it's just easier to shout people down and be part of the 'in crowd' because you get less hassle that way, and rarely have to actually explain yourself?

I'd much rather be on their side of things, or on your fence, truth be told. Except I can't be, because I'm true to myself and I feel what I sfeel / see what I see.

No, rather than pro-Warne it's mainly "Anti-Anti-Warne"  which is fine I guess, but it gets annoying when it becomes  "Ridicule and round on anyone who's Anti-Warne" "Accuse people who are Anti-Warne of ruining the forum", when people try to throw a fire blanket over the slightest spark of doubt that Warne's doing a tremendous job and act as if his management is beyond reproach etc.

It reminds me of when Keogh was here and there was almost like a 'wall' of posters ready to jump in ahead of any criticism they perceived was about to come his way, whether it came or not, and whether whatever had caused this pre-emptive strike actually was down to Keogh or not - he became made of Teflon, anyone criticising him was accused of being unable to let Wembley go and that was that.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

46 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Yes.  I tend to sit in the middle of the debate agreeing with bits of both sides of the argument.  Noone had said anything negative about Warne on this thread though before several people posted their usual snide / gloating remarks.  They seem to be completely opposed to any sort of debate which given we're on a forum is a little bit weird.

5 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Perhaps that's because the evidence doesn't or can't really exist yet (until we are in the Champiuonship with him), or perhaps it's just easier to shout people down and be part of the 'in crowd' because you get less hassle that way, and rarely have to actually explain yourself?

There is plenty there, it just seems that it doesn't meet your criteria, which is fair enough.

I can see plenty of rationale for people supporting PW, results being the main factor of course, his recruitment against a business plan, his ability to set up teams to win games, the defensive record of the team, number of away wins etc.

If the evidence isn't available yet to judge him, surely that works both ways ? I was lucky enough to get to the game yesterday, however I did have a quick read over the match thread, writing CBT off after not even a quarter of the game as bad as the other PWs signings for example is just having a dig for the sake of it, must really suck the fun out of that thread.

I'm still not in a PW in or out camp, only that any manager should be given time regardless of who that is, however appreciate that everyone is entitled to their opinion whichever side they fall on, but imo there are posters, who no matter what he does, he will never be good enough for them. 

I actually think Exeter were a really good endorsement for Warne’s more pragmatic style last night 

Played lovely football right up to our third and were then clueless. I think, at this level, it’s really hard to find players who are going to pass it through a tight defence. At any level really.

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

If we won them all 3-0, I bet the most vehemently disgruntled would at least be less vitriolic in their criticism, which would be a start.

You can get away with it at League One level because the majority of the opposition lack the quality and imagination to break down teams despite having the majority of the ball.

It would never work at Championship level as Warne has shown in the last due to the vast step up in quality.

We will get promoted this season I’m convinced.

But then we must thank Warne for his services and replace him. Keep him and next season will be a disaster.

11 minutes ago, Jram said:

I actually think Exeter were a really good endorsement for Warne’s more pragmatic style last night 

Played lovely football right up to our third and were then clueless. I think, at this level, it’s really hard to find players who are going to pass it through a tight defence. At any level really.

I'd be happy to see us at least try and play like that.  After all we've got much better players than Exeter.  Who knows it might even be successful.

2 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

The crazy thing is, I fully regard you as pro-Warne. I know you're not and it's interesting thinking about it now that your sheer common sense stands at such odds with the rhetoric of the 'Warne Out' brigade that it makes you seem directly opposed to them... 

When I think about it, there's very few posters I would say are out and out 'pro-Warne', it's almost like the moderates have been radicalised into backing the manager more than they feel naturally, because of the ridiculous amount of negativity from the other side?

10 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

The crazy thing is, I fully regard you as pro-Warne. I know you're not and it's interesting thinking about it now that your sheer common sense stands at such odds with the rhetoric of the 'Warne Out' brigade that it makes you seem directly opposed to them... 

When I think about it, there's very few posters I would say are out and out 'pro-Warne', it's almost like the moderates have been radicalised into backing the manager more than they feel naturally, because of the ridiculous amount of negativity from the other side?

You could copy and paste this almost word for word the other way about any number of different posters. It depends on your perspective. 

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

You can get away with it at League One level because the majority of the opposition lack the quality and imagination to break down teams despite having the majority of the ball.

It would never work at Championship level as Warne has shown in the last due to the vast step up in quality.

We will get promoted this season I’m convinced.

But then we must thank Warne for his services and replace him. Keep him and next season will be a disaster.

I still can't believe people are saying this. Whatever any of us may think of his ability to manage a team in the Championship (remember, past achievements - either good or bad - is no guarantee of what will happen in the future) whether you like it or not I'd be truly stunned if PW was sacked after getting us promoted.