Paul Warne

Day

36 minutes ago, Day said:

Just a word of warning for all members, this confession has led to a ban.

Obviously confessions make our jobs a lot easier, however if we believe any member is only here to “poke the bear” and “wind people up”, your membership to the forum will also be terminated without warning, this is the warning.

Poke the bear!
Ronan Keating Omg GIF by Magic Radio

Blimey this threads gone quiet.

Are the anti-Warne’s regrouping after the loss of one of their men. Are the pro-Warne’s out celebrating a scalp and plotting another?

I’ve decided I am going to try sitting on the debate fence for a few days whilst this all blows over. I’m on my way down to Wales. Move along a bit @Caerphilly Ram

Blue Mountains Sunset GIF by Sam Amidon

4 hours ago, Day said:

Just a word of warning for all members, this confession has led to a ban.

Obviously confessions make our jobs a lot easier, however if we believe any member is only here to “poke the bear” and “wind people up”, your membership to the forum will also be terminated without warning, this is the warning.

Bit of a shame, he was such a nice bloke

IMG_0506.jpeg

41 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Are the anti-Warne’s regrouping after the loss of one of their men. Are the pro-Warne’s out celebrating a scalp and plotting another?

I’ve decided I am going to try sitting on the debate fence for a few days whilst this all blows over. I’m on my way down to Wales. Move along a bit @Caerphilly Ram

Are we not at the point where there is nothing more to be said?

What with the international break as well, do we really need 2 weeks of going over and over the same thing.

One game isn’t going to see a big change in opinions, the last few pages have been more about being able to voice opinions than Paul Warne.

Be a good time to draw a temporary line in the sand until we’re further into the season and we know more where we’re at as a club.

10 hours ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Shouted down, shut down, same thing. It's just a matter of your chosen parlance.

Calling out people as red dogs (who historically haven't allowed to post on the Derby sections and have been sometimes been blocked from joining the forum), accusing people of draining everybody's enthusiasm, accusing them of trying to destabilise the club with negative comments online etc - those aren't examples of two sides exchanging views. 

Anyway, whatever. I've been happy to accept that part of the issue is caused by OTT comments, you seem convinced they're entirely the cause of it.

There's not really anything left to say when that's your attitude.

No I’m not …. And this is the full half hour !

I am simply defending my right to argue with someone, challenge their view and question their motives … without someone (like you) suggesting that I (and others who share my general outlook)  am shouting someone down, bullying or ganging up. That is what you have been saying and implying repeatedly. 

I’d also ask you to look at Generals response … he admits in plain words that he dislikes Warne, wants him to lose his job, and posts on here deliberately to wind people up. He also says that the angry post he made after a bad performance (that someone reposted) was mild compared to other baiting posts he has done previously. 

So yes .. my attitude is what it is .. it doesn’t like destructive people. And more so, it  doesn’t like destructive people that when challenged bleat “poor me stop being horrid.”  

43 minutes ago, Day said:

Are we not at the point where there is nothing more to be said?

What with the international break as well, do we really need 2 weeks of going over and over the same thing.

One game isn’t going to see a big change in opinions, the last few pages have been more about being able to voice opinions than Paul Warne.

Be a good time to draw a temporary line in the sand until we’re further into the season and we know more where we’re at as a club.

Amen Brother David. Praise The Lord Applause GIF

So after everyone has had a good moan at one another, are we all ready, to move back, to typing about Paul Warne, about the title of this thread?

Paul did mention his lucky clubbing gear, he’s been wearing lately as he’d misplaced his official match day tracksuit etc.

Now then, there where a few among us, that didn’t like his big hoodie and his rucksack, so what do we think about his lucky clubbing gear?

Anyone got any good pictures? if I had any, I can’t post them on here, unless I tweet them elsewhere and then copy them on here, must have maximised all my add file options, so the best I can do, is share some lovely You Tube videos with you, because I know you love them.

Oh and if you didn’t already know.

I love Paul Warne 🖤 🐏

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:
  On 31/08/2024 at 22:34, Tyler Durden said:

Is that 3 out of 3 at home so far this season with one goal conceded?

Have included the game against Chesterfield before the pendants jump on that.

In the last nine games at home we have won all nine, scoring 18 and conceding two. If we beat Cardiff it will set a new club record of winning nine cosecutive home games in the League to sit alongside last season's record points haul and 13 away wins in a season. During that time we have won promotion and made a decent start in the Championship. For many of us things are looking good for now and we're enjoying it. For the remainder, the main focus remains; when can we sack the manager? If he was to pull off the miracle and get us promoted this season, they'll still be asking the same question in June. You can please most of the people some of the time but you can never please all of the people at anytime at Derby County.

Edited by Spender

3 hours ago, jono said:

I am simply defending my right to argue with someone, challenge their view and question their motives … without someone (like you) suggesting that I (and others who share my general outlook)  am shouting someone down, bullying or ganging up. That is what you have been saying and implying repeatedly. 

I’d also ask you to look at Generals response … he admits in plain words that he dislikes Warne, wants him to lose his job, and posts on here deliberately to wind people up. He also says that the angry post he made after a bad performance (that someone reposted) was mild compared to other baiting posts he has done previously.

So yes .. my attitude is what it is .. it doesn’t like destructive people. And more so, it  doesn’t like destructive people that when challenged bleat “poor me stop being horrid.” 

You're obsessed with this idea that I've said you don't have the right to argue with and challenge harsh views, That must be 4 or 5 times you've accused me of that in the past 24 hours, even though I've never said it.

All I did to open this conversation was to point out that people who may not be dyed in the wool fans of Warne but who haven't been abusive are being lined up under the same sights as those who have been. Hardly controversial really.

The fact that you keep on paint anyone who challenges the nature of your posts as crybabies tells me everything I need to know. You're so keen to dispell the notion that there's any form of bullying taking place, but your response to it might as well be 'bullying 101'

It's hardly any wonder I think you're utterly blind - or at least massively in denial - as to your own role in making this place so hostile.

If you honestly can't see that these sorts of behaviours (back to the general 'shouting/shutting down stuff rather than bullying)  are taking place (even though i've provided examples of the sort of comments being made) then again, its a pointless conversation - you will NEVER see it because you are part of it.

General's response - yeah, and? At least I gave someone the opportunity to explain and/or redeem himself, even if just ended up providing him with enough rope to hang himself. Better that than jumping straight to shaming someone for a comment highlighted in isolation. I'd do it again.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

3 hours ago, jono said:

I am with you completely on people being destructive, but I do think there are two different things going on in this whole conversation.

I've been looking to post a bit more frequently this season as I've got a touch more free time than I did last season and I've been surprised at times at how often somebody won't even engage with what I posted but just respond derisively. Even when critical (especially tbh) I try to have a point I'm trying to make rather than just 'warne bad' and I try to be honest about any biases I have. And it has been disheartening at times, especially because as internet forums I've always thought this place has been great at actually trying to have conversations even when people completely disagree. 

It might be that my perspective is someone who had to stay away from the forum for a while largely down to external reasons and so the arguments around Warne aren't as tired to me. And I think having seen General ram's post, there are clearly people who have been on here just to wind people up which is always going to get people to start responding in kind. Those people should be vociferously challenged as they just serve to stoke anger and it completely destabilises any chance of discussion.  

Yet on the flip side there is an element of people who just will not engage with anything remotely critical and only deride and dismiss it. The latter I do have some sympathy for if it's coming from a place of them essentially being exhausted of seeing negative takes (especially if they are shallow and from bad actors) but it is frustrating to be shut down by someone who it appears hasn't particularly tried to read what your saying and is immediately onto questioning motivations. 

6 hours ago, i-Ram said:

It's strange because honestly I feel like after Bristol there is arguably more to talk about than we've had in a while. It's the first performance where I felt there were signs of a shift in approach by Warne.

I’m sat here drinking coffee on a French campsite, having spent the last few days interacting with the locals, whilst simultaneously being surrounded by German campers, and I can’t help but notice just how wonderfully amiable people are. 
I’ve not had chance to catch up on here, but I suspect it’s equally amiable after Saturday’s win!  😁👍

4 hours ago, brady1993 said:

It's strange because honestly I feel like after Bristol there is arguably more to talk about than we've had in a while. It's the first performance where I felt there were signs of a shift in approach by Warne.

I was actually at the game so can talk for once from a position of slightly less ignorance....

I guess to be even handed, if the reason for poor basics is on the players then we must applaud them for generally good basics.

A couple of occasions we don't seem to get our heads up quickly enough and miss opportunities but generally we had support runners and found them.

Paul Warne spoke after the match about the tactical shift he made at halftime. It was well thought out. But seemed so simple I wondered why it hadn't been possible to do during the first half.

Was good fun. Liked little Kenzo.

And the Bristol City staff member who had his laptop at the top of the west stand was quite an affable chap so all good really.

4 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Personally I don’t see a big shift in approach from Warne on Saturday, what I saw was us getting better at what Warne wants his teams to be doing , that comes from listening to him and watching games ,of course you see tweaks and adjustments in player positions for and during different games but for me he has his ethos and knows what he wants and I’ve been on the be patient side of things, doesn’t make me right , it’s just how I see it , we will of course have stinkers of games going forward because that can happen no matter what style you are trying to execute but as I’ve said I’m happy with however we choose to set up and play as long as we get good enough to do it really well and win games

11 minutes ago, Archied said:

Personally I don’t see a big shift in approach from Warne on Saturday, what I saw was us getting better at what Warne wants his teams to be doing , that comes from listening to him and watching games ,of course you see tweaks and adjustments in player positions for and during different games but for me he has his ethos and knows what he wants and I’ve been on the be patient side of things, doesn’t make me right , it’s just how I see it , we will of course have stinkers of games going forward because that can happen no matter what style you are trying to execute but as I’ve said I’m happy with however we choose to set up and play as long as we get good enough to do it really well and win games

I think there is an element of getting better at what Warne wants but I also think there are signs in a shift in a approach in places. Not necessarily huge shifts but meaningful ones. I thought it was notable that we weren't trying to force it as much, were more content to try to play our way out from the back, we were more content to try recycle possession and we weren't just aiming to force it wide to cross but looking to work opportunities more. These are things to certain extents go counter to how we've set up previously, how Rotherham have set up and things that Warne has said before. Most of these things I've had concerns around alongside being a touch more thoughtful in our pressing because I felt that if they weren't addressed to an extent it'd be difficult in this division.

We look much better at doing what Warne wants because we have the players to implement it now it's as simple as that. A tough, physical defence. Pace, power and aggression in midfield. Pace and power up front. Plus some quality all over the park. Plus hard work. Plus evident character throughout the team. Plus spirit and togetherness. We will surprise a lot of people this season. Warne deserves some credit