Paul Warne

Day

1 hour ago, McArthur Park said:

What's wrong with being positive for the sake of it? I freely admit to being that kind of person, but preferring to pick something positive out of a game doesn't mean I'm defending the stuff you think is poor. I just prefer not to dwell on the negative, there's plenty of that on here already! And you guess wrong, I'm at every home game and plenty of the  away ones 

Nothing wrong with being positive at all.

Here's your chance.

Could you list the positives under the current manager? A genuine question. I'll start, he signed a good lad in Nelson and I rate him.

34 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

i cant take you seriously because there is never any substance to any point you make...

Second in the league , 2 nd highest scorers ? , right up there with least goals conceded , that’s substance , fact , certainly more substance than ,,,,,, I don’t like how we play , I don’t think he’s the right man for us , I don’t like his interviews , I don’t like his hats , his 3 promotions mean nothing ect ect ect 

don’t tell me ,,,,, best squad in the division best wage spend ect ect , I suppose by your yardstick city need to sack pep now and bring in somebody who will win the league with that team , not knocking round second and third place as any manager could and should be running away with the league with that squad at his disposal 

Edited by Archied

40 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Here's your chance.

Could you list the positives under the current manager? A genuine question. I'll start, he signed a good lad in Nelson and I rate him.

He's genuinely a nice guy who cares passionately about what his is doing and trying to achieve. He's very popular around the club with the staff. He's a good ambassador for the club and supports the work of the Community Trust. I like that about him regardless of my opinion of him as a football manager. 

11 minutes ago, Archied said:

Second in the league , 2 nd highest scorers ? , right up there with least goals conceded , that’s substance , fact , certainly more substance than ,,,,,, I don’t like how we play , I don’t think he’s the right man for us , I don’t like his interviews , I don’t like his hats , his 3 promotions mean nothing ect ect ect 

don’t tell me ,,,,, best squad in the division best wage spend ect ect , I suppose by your yardstick city need to sack pep now and bring in somebody who will win the league with that team , not knocking round second and third place as any manager could and should be running away with the league with that squad at his disposal 

what are you on about now?

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Here's your chance.

Well you'll probably just take the Michael, but anyway.... Agree on Nelson, great signing, also love Wilson and Adams, they bring a bit of energy and excitement. There have been enjoyable games, Oxford away being a noticeable example, what a great night that was and I think everyone who was there would agree. We are still second! We have a great chance of being promoted. Positivity for me also extends to the whole feeling of a match day, spending time with family, and the people you sit with who have become friends, but I guess I'm probably not allowed to count that!

9 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

How have you come to this conclusion? From what I've perceived, I believe the exact opposite to be true- Warne is often vocal about what he wants ie. a striker in January. When that's not delivered, how are you coming to the conclusion that he's ''completely responsible'' for our recruitment- surely that proves the exact opposite?

Do you not think that with the signing of a winger FIRST we have an indication of Warne's priorities? He may have said he wants a striker but that does not mean it was his priority. Not surprising given his preference for playing a lone striker.

Pros: 

- Nice guy who cares about the club and the people in it.
- Has us currently in the hunt for autos, should get play offs minimum.  
- Most of his defensive signings have been good or average, not poor. 
- Authentic interviews, doesn’t give the boring PR answers.

Cons:

- Tactically doesn’t seem switched on. 
- Forward signings have been in large garbage. 
- Style of football is boring.  
- Doesn’t seem to trust or fancy playing the youngsters. 
- Could miss out on promotion, despite our wage bill being one of the highest and the league being on paper poor. 

Of course the above are my opinions not facts. But think my list represents a lot of fans thoughts. 

Edited by TomTom92

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Well let's all agree to disagree and make love.

Making love to a beautiful woman is very much like a Paul Warne managed Derby County. It begins hard but then you get on top until inevitably there’s a slide downwards which leads to some disappointment and a limp finish. 
IMG_2072.jpeg.3a638aaeaead82ee6478b12e6b7ae578.jpeg

5 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

I think it depends on what your starting point is. If you're starting point is "I want to be entertained" then that will drive your view of our football and your opinions of how the team is managed and plays, as will "I'm not bothered about the football, I just want to win" - same team and manager but a different starting perspective so a different view.

If your starting point is "I think this group of players is ok, and so second is ok" then you'll probably be perfectly happy, if you think "This is a very good group of players and they are under performing", then that will drive your viewpoint. 

Equally, maybe Warne "doing quite a good job" isn't enough for some. Maybe they think at a club our size, with this fan base and a good budget, he should be doing a "good job", or even a "great job". Why should we settle for "quite a good job", which sounds a bit mediocre, they might say?

All of these views are valid, and I don't think it's fair to suggest that people being "remotely rational" will only lead to one conclusion.

I’m not suggesting anyone is right or wrong but I do question what is driving peoples point of view and I think sometimes it would be valuable to genuinely question whether you’re angry with Warne or whether you’re just generally angry that Derby lost. 

Im always irrationally angry when Derby lose. I hate everyone- the opposition players, the opposition manager, derbys players and manager etc

After a bit of reflection, I often realise that none of those people are to blame. Or, if they are to blame like obviously Wildsmith was, there’s no value in demonising them. Wildsmith is a good keeper who happens to have made two high profile mistakes in recent games. He’s still good. He’s going to make more mistakes in his career. 

Same with Warne. Would the grass be any greener with any other manager? I tend to doubt it 

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Here's your chance.

He upsets a group of forum members on here