Rotherham first team analyst joins

Rambalin

2 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

Rotherham seeking a replacement

Job Description: First Team Analyst Rotherham United Football Club Report To: First Team Manager Location: AESSEAL New York Stadium, Rotherham United Training Complex Salary & Benefits: DOE Hours Required: Permanent Contract 37.5 hours per week (includes evenings, weekends and matchdays) Key Relationships: • First Team Manager • First Team Coaching Staff • First Team Assistant Analyst • Academy Analyst • Scouting & Recruitment Department • Medical Department • Sports Performance Department The Role: The First Team Analyst is an important position to lead and develop the department and the provision of analysis in the first team. Working closely with the first team coaching staff, the successful applicant will lead and deliver the performance analysis provision whilst continually developing processes to ensure the highest possible standards. Key Responsibilities To lead the first team analysis provision not limited to but including: • Training analysis • Opposition analysis • Live in-match analysis • Post-match analysis Lead with the creation of benchmarking through using data sets to assess team and individual performances over the course of the season. • Contribute to accessibility of performance analysis support for players. • Management of analysis equipment. • Continually research and develop process based on best-practice world-wide. • Other ad-hoc tasks as required by the coaching staff. Technical Skills A key part of the role is to be comfortable in a number of specific performance analysis software’s which include: • Video Analysis software’s including but not limited to: Hudl, Hudl Sportscode, Hudl Studio. • Experience in live match analysis video capture. • Scouting software’s such as Wyscout. • Data Visualisation software’s: Tableau, Python, R. • Excel, Numbers, Pages, Microsoft Word, Keynote, PowerPoint. Person Specification • Masters or Undergraduate Degree in Sports Science or Performance Analysis. • Experience working within a professional football club analysis department. • Individual with a willingness to learn and improve. • Excellent communication skills. • Able to deliver a high standard of work at all times. • Excellent organisational skills. • Ability to self-motivate and prioritise workloads. • Strong technical ability. • Team player. • A strong level of footballing knowledge with the ability to apply this to the department. • Fully committed with a flexible approach to working hours and travel. • Full Driving License.

giphy.gif.8030b0d4ba702342825d416c3675347e.gif

Having met him with family when he was a young boy, all I can say is that James is a lovely lad. He's a huge Derby supporter along with his family. He's put a lot of effort and sacrifice into making forging his career in football so far, and to get what would be a dream job is great to see. Sure he's joined from Rotherham but don't let that discredit his talents in the role. He's now back home with his club.

Hopefully James sticks around longer than his predecessor who only joined last January from Rotherham. Carl Edwards has now packed his bags and left for New Zealand. https://www.friendsoffootballnz.com/2023/12/08/top-analyst-to-return-to-new-zealand-for-director-of-football-role-at-papamoa/ 

Edited by Ram@Lincoln

16 minutes ago, Jon Bon Pony said:

He used to analyse Derby performances on his twitter account when he was a student, once he gott into the industry he had to stop. His handle back then was something like 1win11points.

I remember that twitter account - it was very good/insightful & do recall him getting an offer from a professional club to formalise his expertise. Good on him making a career for himself & then returning to his home club.

12 hours ago, maxjam said:

giphy.gif.8030b0d4ba702342825d416c3675347e.gif

Thinks.... watching football all day, imparting my wisdom and directing football tactics like a full time Football Manager addict....dream job.

Start looking at the job description and key skills ....realise they are going to need experience, and an all-singing and dancing presentation with facts and actual reasoning that can be scrutinised....

Decide I actually prefer the current job I hate and convince myself I'm doing good for society as a whole. Develop amnesia within hours and start posting he only got the job cos he's connected to Rotherham,  that he's no clue what he's doing and imparting vague advice about signing youngsters who can run more.

12 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

You'd think that knowing how to spell licence properly would be a key skill for the Rotherham H.R. Dept.

It’ll be some poor old receptionist on minimum wage who will have written that up 😂